Author Topic: I have to get this off of my chest...  (Read 9290 times)

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
Re: I have to get this off of my chest...
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 03:07:58 PM »
He could have been more excited even though he knew, like the Bob Barker reveals but I would rather have Drew be himself than try to imitate someone else. But I guess that's just me.

So, what, if Drew is not being himself, he's Bob Barker? It is very possible for Drew to fake some excitement without doing it like Barker.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 03:16:20 PM »
Drew is bad at reacting to something he already knows... during the pricing games when something comes up you get an honest reaction out of him (like in One Away for example) But when he gets told who wins the showcases ahead of time during the break he has trouble faking the excitement for the show. He's just not good at pretending i guess.

QFT.

It's not an excuse for him to be that way, but this is pretty much the best explanation of why he was so low key.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 05:38:10 PM »
I'm tired of hearing you all complain about Drew's hosting. I think Drew is doing a GREAT job hosting. I've thought for years that Drew would be a great host for TPiR and I'm glad that I was right.

You're entitled to your opinion, but don't expect everyone else to just sit back when you say Drew is doing a "GREAT" job hosting and not have some difference of opinion.

Offline akampfer2

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 05:45:19 PM »
You're entitled to your opinion, but don't expect everyone else to just sit back when you say Drew is doing a "GREAT" job hosting and not have some difference of opinion.

People here who complain about Drew are holding out the unrealistic hope Bob Barker will come back because he's the only host that will satisfy them.  I think Drew is doing just fine.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 05:48:36 PM »
No, the vast majority of them just disagree with your assessment of Drew.

Offline bigwheel1991

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 05:49:07 PM »
I'm going to agree on this topic as well. Just this week I fealt that the show is becoming normal to me. What I mean is that the wacky showcases and the funny antics that Crew does in to a problem to me any more. I like I guess you should say the new Direction.
CSS Stats - Games Played: 3 - Points:???.?? - DSW: 1 - WSD: 0 - DOB: 0 - Lowest Score: $?????

Offline Smith

• Outside in Line
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2008, 08:07:38 PM »
I have to agree with those that say Drew is doing a fine job. I wasn't exactly thrilled at how he revealed the showcase yesterday, but he has had lots of good moments on the show people seem to overlook. If people don't like Drew, that's fine. I just think its kind of rude when a few people on here get defensive and try telling people they are wrong for thinking Drew is a good host.

Offline trapperm

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2008, 08:19:16 PM »
I have to agree with those that say Drew is doing a fine job. I wasn't exactly thrilled at how he revealed the showcase yesterday, but he has had lots of good moments on the show people seem to overlook. If people don't like Drew, that's fine. I just think its kind of rude when a few people on here get defensive and try telling people they are wrong for thinking Drew is a good host.

Just to play devil's advocate, the same can be that it is rude for people that think Drew is doing a good job to get defensive and try telling people they are wrong for thinking Drew is a terrible host.  Street can go both ways.
trapperm does not endorse change for changes sake

Offline Smith

• Outside in Line
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 12:06:59 PM »
Just to play devil's advocate, the same can be that it is rude for people that think Drew is doing a good job to get defensive and try telling people they are wrong for thinking Drew is a terrible host.  Street can go both ways.

I agree. I've always thought that Drew was pretty good, but I can also see where people may not like his style, especially those that have watched every day for 25, 20, or 30 years.

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 12:23:03 PM »
I think the main reason we are pissed at Drew's performance as of late is because  we KNOW he can do better. Point and  case, if you haven't seen today's show, you'll see  what I mean! (I'm not gonna say anymore)

Offline TVLubber

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 10:31:58 PM »
All I am saying is give the man a chance! This is only his 2nd season. He'll improve!

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2008, 10:33:19 PM »
All I am saying is give the man a chance! This is only his 2nd season. He'll improve!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!  That's exactly what I've been trying to say for the past few days; I know he'll be better by the time I go back.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2008, 10:36:05 PM »

Watch a show from the end of last season.  Then watch any episode from this season.  Then tell me again with a straight face that he's going to improve.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline barkerbox

• In the Audience
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2008, 11:02:53 PM »
I don't think Drew is very good, but I respect everyone's opinion.  It's a matter of personal preference.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2008, 11:04:55 PM »

People here who complain about Drew are holding out the unrealistic hope Bob Barker will come back because he's the only host that will satisfy them.  I think Drew is doing just fine.

I guess Bob Barker also uses the aliases Michael Burger, Todd Newton, Marc Summers and Mark L. Walberg, then?
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.