Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/24/2008  (Read 15254 times)

Offline price_37

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/24/2008
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2008, 01:12:01 PM »
Speaking of One Away, Drew was great with his bit.  "Beautiful sound effects lady" works a heck of a lot better than, "Oh mighty sound effects lady"; and the fact that he didn't even harp on and on so much with the specifics made it work really smoothly.

I like "Beautiful sound effects lady" better.
The title card for the 7th season on Who Wants to be a Millionaire
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/wiiplayer9isback

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2008, 07:31:47 PM »
Remember that the episode with the perfect Showcase bid was taped at the end of September.  Perhaps a relationship can be drawn with the fact that these shows were taped shortly after that episode aired and the aftermath of lashing out that occurred with it, but there has to be more to it than that.  Pretty near everything that was wrong is literally and completely fixed up.

Agreed,

Assuming how this horrible showcase incident spread like wildfire and was at an end of September taping and Drew got severely bashed by all for it, I think they could go back to the second week of October with those shows. I think that even if next weeks tapings go back a bit, the stupidity and slapstick of the past is finally gone!  Thank you!

Joe

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2008, 06:17:37 AM »
Either the bag of M&Ms I bought a few days ago was much smaller than the one used in It's in the Bag, the mint variety is inexplicably far cheaper than the plain variety, or that was the most overpriced bag of M&Ms I've ever seen in my life.  $3.49 suddenly feels like... well, not a steal.  Just a normal price.  Seriously, $4.99?!  WTF?!

(Needless to say, I'd have lost It's in the Bag.)

It may not have been the most magical lineup ever, but I do love how it was slotted.  I couldn't have asked for better slotting.  One Away is a great first game.

The games were awfully hard for a Christmas show lineup.  It's in the Bag and Switch?, in particular, had just about zero chance of being won.  Squeeze Play seemed to be the only game that was clearly supposed to be won, and as such, it's kinda' surprising that wasn't the game to save the show.

Quote from: tpirfan28
It's a real slippery slope, though...a wipeout or a really poor playing would kill things quickly

The same could be said for too many other games as well to worry too much about that, though.  Most notably, Golden Road.  Besides, a wipeout hasn't happened in over a decade.