Author Topic: CSS Results for December 26  (Read 3083 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for December 26
« on: December 26, 2008, 06:00:33 PM »
I think that this image pretty much sums up today's CSS:

With the exception of the two cash-winners (Wayoshi and pinball777), every single bid was a garf. Thank goodness for double values Friday or the points scores would really be in the can. Placement more or less depended on how cheap you thought that Saturn Sky was. I noted that it was the Red Line model, which is not the base, but rather the more expensive ($33K without options) model, but I didn't bank on the go-kart being priced like a GEM car nor the Vegas racing trip being like Monte Carlo. For Wayoshi to have submitted what I thought was a terribly Willy of a bid was a smart move; he's the only person without a really stinky score!

That massage chair/pod must have been megabucks too. Dining room we know roughly, Beachcomber hot tubs, nothing new. But while I'm guessing many people had a clue about the chair being pricey, few were willing to risk it on the last CSS of 2008. United we garf?

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for December 26, 2008 -- Game 64

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: CSS Results for December 26
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 06:04:15 PM »

For the last time, the power of -08 helps me to my 3rd career vicccccccctory! Here's to hoping that the power of -09 gets me at least 9 wins. ;D

EDIT: Lol Tom at "a certain Willy". You doubted I would win when I got my DSW in March... XD. Anyways, especially with Wednesday still in my mind, I remembered the Sky is at least 30k and the convertible would bump that up, driving school probably made Las Vegas at least 5k, and a go-kart on the show was at least 6k. So when I saw it was loaded I figured 35k car, added the rest and went for it...and... :P

It looks like that massage pod or w/e is at least 6k. :-x
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 06:09:45 PM by Wayoshi »
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 06:08:13 PM »
Let's file today's CSS under L - for Legitimate Garfing.  Some of those prizes were new ones, so there you go

As for me, let's just say...

Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 06:51:16 PM »
$38,107 / $19,007

The rain kicked me offline during SCSD #2 and I couldn't get back online before the final commercial, so I was unable to submit these garfs.

For the second time this week, we got caught with two sexed-up showcases.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 06:55:15 PM »
Some points of note:

- They sure now know how to make in-studio and CSS really really hard, now don't they?
- When we get to more eps after The Exacta, I fully expect days like this.  I also fully expect some days of complete fail because they got a trip to Paris for like $1,500.
- Wayoshi and I share something in common this week...cashing a SC where everyone epically garfs.
- It was a bedroom, not a dining room.  I would have preferred the dining room...I can price them much better.  :)

EDIT:  I know I'm stealing some of our resident statgrabber's thunder, but I found the chair.  SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 06:58:08 PM by tpirfan28 »
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 07:41:51 PM »
Apparently, just being able to drive a Vette on a closed track must cost a bundle.

Don't you believe it!!!!!

/has been waiting to pull that picture and quote out

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 07:45:54 PM »
My bids: FAIL.

Well, got a top 10 out of it at least, I beat more people than were ahead of me. Did a nice job of not going over again.

Looking forward to January. I should be playing during the first half of the month.
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 08:10:08 PM »
Hey, I may have garfed...but atleast I got top-5 to end the year!  :-D
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 08:11:24 PM »
$44,400/$20,500... when's the last time I thoroughly pounded Armadillo? I was confident I'd get the win today, but I didn't know I'd get it by this much. Aren't you supposed to be the master of cars, sir? :P

Not just that, but I would have gotten the win over everyone today, not to mention money on the furniture. If only I had a TV in here... you guys would have been given a whooping. 8)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 08:13:38 PM by heelsrule1988 »

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 09:30:26 PM »
Trust me, it would have helped if I could actually, you know, see the blasted chair.  Had I seen what a monstrosity that was, I probably would have added 4-5 grand to my bid.  Of course, you still beat me because I apparently failed to realize that the 'driving school' trip actually includes the whole #&%*ing school or something.  I know how much a Sky costs, thankyouverymuch.  (I take a good look at the Skies in my local Saturn dealer every time I take my ION in for an oil change, so I'd better not screw that one up. :) )
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Umandsf

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 10:26:05 PM »
Hmm, maybe I picked a good day to miss it. Then again, I'm sad I wasn't in for the fun...and the points.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 11:02:30 PM »
I had the driving lessons and the chair at about $3,000 together.....that didn't help out my situation.

And yes, I did bid in the $30,000s....not the $10,000s like I said in chat.  :P

Offline visualbasicwizard

• Walking the Golden Road
  • 2005-2014
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 11:50:22 AM »
Hot diggity dog tags!  I took third!  That's 3 top tens (two of them top 5's) in three days.  I'm finally starting to figure this thing out.  :-D  I was considering shaving my bid on the 'Vette, but I decided against it just before sending. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 11:56:27 AM by visualbasicwizard »

Check out my CSS signs: CSS images
My CSS calculator: http://www.vbwcomputers.com/CSS/calculator.php

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 12:22:18 PM »
And yes, I did bid in the $30,000s....not the $10,000s like I said in chat.  :P

Dang you. :P
Signatures are overrated.

Offline someguy95

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 03:32:27 PM »
I thought I bid, too.  Where am I on the list?  :-x
Everyone on this site has a lot of free time on their hands; Time is Money; You all have a lot of money; I HATE ALL OF YOU! :-D