Author Topic: Barker to promote book on TPIR?  (Read 37550 times)

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Barker to promote book on TPIR?
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2009, 10:34:41 PM »
It's gonna be the most exciting hour of TV I'll be willing to watch and record. I can't wait!!!!!!!  :D :-D :-) :biggrin:

Offline noobslayer88

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 11:25:36 PM »
Wonder if he'll pop out of the back seat of a car during Lucky $even, ala Ian Turpie on the Australian version.
I always imagined that that could work... I'm really looking forward to this. I'll definitely buy his book.
Noobslayer88: a proud member of the "For Shiggles QSW" club. (6/12/09)

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2009, 02:45:12 AM »
I've got my copy pre-ordered already...$30 hard cover! Well worth it though. I can't wait to see Bob back on the show!!

I'm not sure how much of an appearance he's going to make, but if CBS was smart, they'd advertise the hell out of his appearance.
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2009, 06:15:56 AM »
If anything, it gives me a reason to watch a show I haven't watched since the "EXACTA" debacle. Then after the two minutes of fun, I'll be wishing it was Drew Carey who was making a temporary guest appearance.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2009, 02:57:02 PM »
You know, in all honesty, I would have figured that Bob would have passed on making an appearance. Roger and he were friends, and I would have thought he would have given Fremantle the brush off for that. It should be interesting, however. I'm sure there'll be a "you've changed things around here" comment, and his standard "I wish I had a free refrigerator for all of you", at least.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline MissesJanice

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2009, 06:36:22 PM »
You know, in all honesty, I would have figured that Bob would have passed on making an appearance. Roger and he were friends, and I would have thought he would have given Fremantle the brush off for that. It should be interesting, however. I'm sure there'll be a "you've changed things around here" comment, and his standard "I wish I had a free refrigerator for all of you", at least.

Well ya know, Bob is out to promote a book and people who are unaware of the stuff we are still watch, so it is a good vehicle for Bob to get the word out about his book.  All about Bob! and that is ok.
"The Price is Right will never be the same, it will always be in an evolving state." - MissesJanice

Offline gr8daynegb

• In the Audience
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 08:10:10 PM »

I don't think he'll say something like that.  He'll say something to the effect of "Drew you are doing a good job etc. etc."  but won't say anything that will rub anyone bad.  Bob will be the classy Bob we got to know and love on tv.  Now if Bob believes the show is in good hands that might be another story.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 08:14:28 PM »
Personally, I would love to see Bob make his appearance in a manner like Bill Cullen did in 1982.  By that I mean, Bob should enter in a surprising way and promote his book, then wish Drew well and leave.  When Bill Cullen appeared, he made no mention of his version, and I think Bob should do no less, and he shouldn't make it seem like the show's nothing without him at the helm.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2009, 11:13:49 PM »
Actually I had a great idea, I think when they do the opening that they should do it as normal. But since Drew likes to do little puns and stuff now when he comes out they should make it so that Bob is standing there when Rich says "DRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW CARRRERREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! and then suddenly drew pops in around the doors and says "uh Bob, you don't work here anymore" and then he promotes the book. Just a vision I had.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2009, 11:16:21 PM »
haha.. that would be cute, actually. However, I'd be willing to bet they save his appearance for the second half of the show.. a tried and true trick in keeping the audience hoo.ked for as long as possible
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2009, 10:18:02 AM »
Actually I had a great idea, I think when they do the opening that they should do it as normal. But since Drew likes to do little puns and stuff now when he comes out they should make it so that Bob is standing there when Rich says "DRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW CARRRERREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! and then suddenly drew pops in around the doors and says "uh Bob, you don't work here anymore" and then he promotes the book. Just a vision I had.

Drew might enjoy that, but that's not Bob's style. It would also sound very rude if Drew said "uh, Bob, you don't work here anymore" although there really are other ways to say it. It'll be interesting to see exactly WHEN he comes out. TPiR generally brings out guests just after the opening or during the showcases, but with an appearance by Bob, who knows when they'll bring him out. If the audience is a dud that day they might just have him walk out on stage whenever they want some applause.  :P I'm just wondering now if they'll hold off airing this episode until the book is actually released, unless it's taped in March ro so...and will the audience all get a copy of the book? Generally books are only promoted on TV shows and such after they're released.

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »
...and will the audience all get a copy of the book?

In the case that should happen, maybe all the copies will be personally signed?  :biggrin:

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2009, 08:18:39 PM »
Is Holly also going to appear on the show to promote her book which is set to come out the same time as Bob's?
Quote from: price_authority
Bob Barker seems to have little regard for testifying truthfully under oath.
Quote from: SteveGavazzi
I really have no desire to sit through another round of this.
      Then don't.
*Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION. (TY p_a ;))

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2009, 08:22:50 PM »
I would highly doubt that. That's as likely to happen as Bob taking over as host again.

Offline gr8daynegb

• In the Audience
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2009, 09:18:29 PM »
Is Holly also going to appear on the show to promote her book which is set to come out the same time as Bob's?

That is as likely as seeing Dian and Janice also back.  CBS and everyone that involved(Freemantle, Pearson, etc. etc.) are in Barkers corner here.  I don't think anyone that ever had an issue with Bob will ever come back in any way.