Author Topic: Barker to promote book on TPIR?  (Read 37531 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: Barker to promote book on TPIR?
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2009, 09:35:41 AM »
I would predict that when Bob appears, it'll likely be during the showcase showdown. If Drew is going to let Bob have the reins, the Showcase Showdown is a good spot, as Bob is unlikely to steal Drew's thunder, as IMO they both handle the Showcase Showdown in the same manner.

Wow, I don't think I could disagree with that statement more strongly -- Drew is usually pretty bad at hosting the Showcase Showdowns.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2009, 09:43:04 AM »
Wow, I don't think I could disagree with that statement more strongly -- Drew is usually pretty bad at hosting the Showcase Showdowns.

The only thing i really dislike about Drews Showcase Showdowns is that sometimes he just shouts the numbers of the wheel out over and over again... 80! 80! 80! 80! 80! 80! 80! 80! 80!
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline X54321

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2009, 10:16:02 AM »
I was not being sarcastic and no one not even bob and former moddles can escape his/er past.

If I was being sarcastic I would have said Janice and Kathleen.
The thing  about history is, it always repeats itself (lol). :-D
Grocery Game fan 125356921

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2009, 11:15:17 AM »
Even still, Claudia and Heather aren't on speaking terms with Bob and the show either, so they will likely never set foot in the studio again.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline X54321

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2009, 04:17:42 PM »
Even still, Claudia and Heather aren't on speaking terms with Bob and the show either, so they will likely never set foot in the studio again.
I did't say Heather as model #2 I said Nikki as my choice.
Still It'd be nice to see all of them again

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2009, 08:13:58 PM »
I did't say Heather as model #2 I said Nikki as my choice.

Well, she didn't leave on good terms, either.  In fact, she was fired.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline X54321

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2009, 05:33:07 AM »
What if Anitra came back?
I've only watched her eps. on youtube

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2009, 08:10:05 AM »
The old models are not coming back, period, even if they weren't fired. You might as well stop trying.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline X54321

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2009, 10:27:47 PM »
Well actually Gena did come back for 5000th show , so she and Chantel could come back.
Just a thought though.

Offline atty07

• In the Audience
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2009, 07:05:18 PM »

quote x54321 "What if Anitra came back?"

The old models are not coming back, period, even if they weren't fired. You might as well stop trying.

But Anitra wasn't fired, she was the only one of the "old models" as you call them (Janice, Dian, Holly & Kathleen) that Bob didn't fire.  It would be great to see at least someone from The Good Old Days of Price!

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2009, 07:11:06 PM »
It's hard to stay on topic when people work so hard to derail it...
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline X54321

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2009, 10:13:13 PM »
Yeah I would like it if Gena, Anitra, and Chantel would come back. DYK that Anitra is a photographer now, so she could take pictures of said event.
As for the reveal, Bob should walk in w/Chantel and Gena, then Anitra come out of the clam with Bob's silver mic.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2009, 10:20:30 PM »
I will repeat myself again; the former models are not coming back!  They have moved on with their lives and probably don't wish to ever return to the studio and/or the show for whatever reason.  I know Gena returned for the 5,000th show during the credits, but that is a completely different ball game.  Also, when Bob called the former models "disgusting" during one interview a few years ago, I'm sure that would make them never want to be associated with Bob and/or the show.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 10:28:43 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2009, 10:22:59 AM »
But Anitra wasn't fired, she was the only one of the "old models" as you call them (Janice, Dian, Holly & Kathleen) that Bob didn't fire.

Maybe this will sound rude, but maybe she didn't stay on the show long enough to be fired...

Offline X54321

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »
I will repeat myself again; the former models are not coming back!  They have moved on with their lives and probably don't wish to ever return to the studio and/or the show for whatever reason.  I know Gena returned for the 5,000th show during the credits, but that is a completely different ball game.  Also, when Bob called the former models "disgusting" during one interview a few years ago, I'm sure that would make them never want to be associated with Bob and/or the show.

He called Janice, Kathleen, Holly and Dian Disgusting, not Anitra,Gena,Chantel,Nikki,Heather,and Claudia.
So,It is nice that at least one person wants to see old models besides me.