Author Topic: TPiR's Season 35 Kickoff Contest -- Round Three  (Read 11744 times)

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: TPiR's Season 35 Kickoff Contest -- Round Three
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2006, 12:17:25 PM »
If we'd been scoring based on what the players bid, I'd have done great.  As it turned out, I was off by quite a bit.  :(

Offline jnasty

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2006, 12:19:54 PM »
We had to bid on the combined total of both showcases on todays show, and the closest bid wins.. Doesn't matter if you are over or under.

I was off a bit too, trying to remain optimistic though.. :)

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2006, 01:27:41 PM »
I'm STILL kickin' myself for not getting past Round Two.  I should've recognized the "Hole in One" prop because I am a major fan of golf.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2006, 02:20:21 PM »
Had I stuck with my original guess, I would've been off by less than $1,500.

As for the Hi1o2 hole, I thought of the other 3 choices *AND* the balance point for Balance Game. I wasn't sure of any of the guesses, I just ruled them out based on the shape of the prop in the picture and hoped for the best.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2006, 11:30:19 PM »
Well, for those keeping score at home, we entered the home stretch with a field of seven contestants.  I asked all Round Four contestants, via email, to try to think like a producer and offer us the total amount that they felt the real TPiR producers would offer with today's Showcases.  I said at the start that luck would be a part of this year's contest...and this was the round when the winning player would probably need it.

From low to high, our seven bids came in as follows:

$48,855
$48,888
$50,585
$50,879
$53,200
$64,101
$65,000

As we all found out at about 11:58am this afternoon, the actual combined amount offered in today's two Showcases was $57,409...which makes $53,200 our winning bid...and sideshowPA our winning bidder!  Congratulations sideshow...and please forward me your contact info for a quick script dispatch.  We'd love to see a picture of you with your new script upon arrival!

To everyone who played, thanks for making this year's contest a huge success...and here's to an equally successful Season 35!

Marc

Offline jnasty

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2006, 11:40:49 PM »
Wow, a very close contest. It was definately a tough competetion and I had no expectations to get as far as I did.  I know I was competing with the most elite TPIR crew on the net.  Congratulations to sideshowpa, that was a heck of a bid.

Thank you to Marc, CGJ and company for a great contest.

Once again, congrats Sideshow.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2006, 12:22:48 AM »
Wow, congratulations, slideshowPA!  What a great bid!   By looking at the standings, I was 3rd place (I had bid $50,585).  I am happy and surprised that I made it this far even.

I would like to congratulate Marc and any other person responsible for the creation of this really cool and interesting contest.  It got me thinking about The Price is Right, and really tested my Price is Right knowledge.  It was especially interesting coming up with the showcase bid (I even spent 2 hours coming up with decent mock showcases for my final bid).  One thing I learned during this contest: It is tough coming up with ideas with what to put in a showcase.

Anyway, congratulations to slideshowPA for winning and Marc and John for this contest.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2006, 12:38:53 AM »
I was in second, and I'm very proud to have finished so close to the winner. Congratulations, sideshowPA!

BTW, how I came up with my figure was as follows:

I host CSS, so I took the mean average of all the CSS showcases I've hosted (except the season premiere and the GSN episode). This figure was just a little over $50K. So I made a number with important numbers to me. 8 is my lucky number, 79 is my birth year.

And it almost worked! :-D
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2006, 02:02:43 AM »
Nice bid, Sideshow!!  I feel only slightly better in knowing that I didn't finish dead last!  I did, however, have the highest bid!  Yes, I was the clown who bid $65,000.  I guess it's safe to say that I was expecting a big finish to Season 35 Premier Week!  

The sad part is, I reviewed the Premier Weeks of the last two seasons.  In Season 33, the Friday show was a lowly $51,848.  For Season 34, Friday was slightly better at $60,222.  I adjusted for inflation (DOH!).  Honestly, my first instinct was to bid $57,405 (yeah, right!). :-D  In reality, my first bid was even higher and I had to talk myself down to $65,000!  

You know what?  It was fun anyway!  Thanks Marc and John, and everyone else for an enjoyable contest!  I wish we could do this more often - even if it's just for bragging rights!!
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2006, 08:19:31 AM »
Thanks for the all the love, gang.  A great contest.  Heck, I am itching for more pictures.  Can't wait to see the script, and I will definitely be sharing it with you all in some way, shape or form.

Thanks marc and john!
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2006, 09:27:14 PM »
Just wanted to add my voice to the congrats, sideshow.  Way to go!!

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2006, 09:33:54 PM »
Yes, congratulations, sideshow!

I can't believe I missed that Hole in One picture, but there wasn't anyway I was gonna get that 3 Strikes picture, and, knowing my luck, would have been about $50,000 off of that last one.  :lol: