Author Topic: Field of 64 Pricing Games- Week 1 - Season Premiere!  (Read 12617 times)

Offline Scorpz

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Field of 64 Pricing Games- Week 1 - Season Premiere!
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2006, 05:21:14 PM »
Strikes/Double

Double Prices does a great job serving its purpose as a quick one decision game. It enables the show to play longer, more interesting game, all while (usually) not being based on a total random guess. It also gets points for being one of the first 5 and being able to get played 35 times a year with few complaints. Unfortunately, this is not going to be enough to get past Three Strikes. While Three Strikes can get really frustrating if played by an annoying contestant or by a really unlikely contestant, it's still one of the most suspenseful and fun games on the show. It's usually a great show when Strikes is played, while the only time Double is memorable is when it is played behind the Giant Price Tag. Three Strikes wins 8-3.

Danger/Key

Tough matchup. Both games have great sets and unique pricing concepts that are not used anywhere else on the show. In the end, the contestants will decide the contest. As the contestants always seem to choose keys 2, 3 or 4, it makes the game somewhat predictable and slightly less enjoyable than Danger. Danger Price wins 6-5.

Offline gauchodirk

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2006, 05:28:36 PM »
Strikes vs. DP: I love the simplicity, dependability, and consistency of Double Prices, but 3 Strikes is my favorite car game, and, now that I think about it, my favorite game on the show.  The baseball theme is great, it's played quite infrequently, and the cars offered don't show up very much.  DP is a classic, so it gets a few points.

3 Strikes wins 9-2.

Danger vs. Master: I don't like Master Key, and I never really have.  It's the weakest car game in my opinion because it's boring and anticlimactic.  On the other hand in Danger Price, which is the best four-prizer hands down.  The rotating stop signs are perfect, and so is the rest of the set.  Clean sweep here.

Danger Price wins 11-0.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2006, 07:52:30 PM »
3 Strikes vs Double Prices- While Double Prices is the simple classic, 3 Strikes beats it by a lot in my opinion.  It is much more fun, suspensful, has the better set, and of course the better prize.  It's only flaw is that it relies on luck a little much.  3 Strikes wins 9-2.

Danger Price vs Master Key- Both are pretty good games.  Danger Price has the slightly better set although Master Key's is nice also.  Both regularly have cheap prizes (besides the car in Master Key).  Danger Price is usually more suspensful and Master Key can sometimes be boring.  And I've always loved the price reveals in both games.
Danger Price wins but not by much 6-5.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2006, 10:47:48 PM »
Sure, Double Prices is a classic, but this is about which game we would prefer to see and I would prefer to see 3 Strikes "eleven" times more than Double Prices, so in the end...
Three Strikes 11, Double Prices 0

Danger Price definately is not one of my favorites -- in fact, now that I think about it, I don't even think I like it.  It just seems to be a waste of time (It takes Rich sooo long to read the prize descriptions for all four prizes, and it's not like the contestants are winning much anyway).  The game board and lights are pretty cool, but that's about all it has going for it.
Master Key is a classic, and I absolutely love seeing the camara shot change from the Turntable to Center Stage for the turning of the keys.  The only bad thing about Master Key is that it can end quite quickly -- then you're left waiting for another month for it to show up again.  Okay, time for scores...
Master Key 7, Danger Price 4

Offline lucyrickyalex

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2006, 01:42:40 PM »
Double Prices is easy for people to understand, and it allows for more time-consuming games to be played.  Three Strikes, however, is one of the few games that will keep you on the edge of your seat.  With that, I give this to Three Strikes, 9-2.

I feel that Danger Price is somewhat easier to understand than Master Key, especially to a first-time watcher.  This will be close, because I feel that both games are equally good.  I will have to give a slight advantage to Master Key, though, because it is unique in the fact that it is played on the turntable as well as the stage.  I give this to Master Key, 6-5.
"But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."
-Conan O'Brien

Offline TraderRob

• Outside in Line
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2006, 06:30:13 PM »
Three Strikes is a classic car game that's stood the test of time (and inflation) over the years.   Double Prices is a dull time filler that doesn't generate too much excitment.   This one is a no brainer - Three Strikes 11-0.

Danger Price and Master Key are both very cleverly invented games.   Danger Price is a lot less random than Master Key in that you can't win or lose by dumb luck like you can in Master Key, but Master Key is one of my favorite games because you just never know what's going to happen.   My vote is for Master Key 8-3.

Rob

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2006, 06:48:55 PM »
Three Strikes is a winner in my book. Sure, Double makes room for more time consuming games, but Three strikes [italic]is[/italic] a time consuming game, so, yeah. Plus, the game can get really suspenseful, especially when only one number and the strike are left.

Three Strikes wins 10-1.

I've always loved Master Key. I'm not sure why. Maybe the fact that it is played in two locations, or perhaps the prizes setup. It also has a unique SP method.

Danger Price is a very nice game, though, as well. It doesn't involve any luck, just flat out pricing.

Master Key wins 8-3.

Offline gamefro

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2006, 07:33:36 PM »
3 STRIKES vs. DOUBLE PRICES

This is really no contest here.  It's a treat to see 3 Strikes played.  The suspense that comes from playing this game is some of the greatest seen on the show.  Double Prices is nothing too incredibly special, although it does allow for longer pricing games to be played...like 3 Strikes.  Double Prices does get a point for longevity though.  VERDICT: 3 STRIKES wins 10-1.

DANGER PRICE vs. MASTER KEY

This one is much harder to score.  I like Master Key for the unique small prize pricing and its two-location staging, but the luck factor can bring on some pretty lackluster wins and losses.  Danger Price is pretty simple and I like the pricing aspect.  Danger seems to me that it gets less gameplay, so it's more of a treat to see it.  Both games use great music cues and have awesome (non-pastel) sets.  In the end, the civil engineer in me likes to see the cool stop signs more.  VERDICT:  DANGER PRICE wins 6-5.
Gamefro: "Retired" host of TPiR at the University of Nevada, Reno (spring 2003 - spring 2008).

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2006, 09:01:43 PM »
Well, Between 3 Strikes and Double Prices goes like this. Double Prices has audience participation where picking from 2 possibilities can prove lucky or fatal. 3 Strikes has audience participation for deciding where a number that's been picked out can go. 3 Strikes brings out high drama and excitement when its either the strikes or all the numbers that could lead you to a car. Double Prices also have drama when the choice is made but shows little when it doesn't have long playings or $50,000 Corvettes and Cadillacs on the line. It's 3 Strikes 9-2.

Between Danger Price and Master Key. Danger Price has the stuff for choosing hopefully the three good prizes against one Dangerous prize with the evil one. Master Key has a dosage of stuff just for guessing the prices of two small prizes and unlocking those locks do bring drama but it stills make playing a bit lackluster. It's Danger Price 10-1.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2006, 09:56:29 PM »
Danger Price seems to be more popular than I had realized... I mean, I knew Master Key had its haters, and I figured Danger Price would probably win, but I thought it would be a lot closer, myself.  Danger Price seems to be ahead by a nice little margin here, without adding and averaging all the scores myself.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2006, 10:03:56 PM »
The second match-up is definitely close.  There's plenty of time to get your votes in.  Voting closes Thursday at 5pm.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline joechopchop

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2006, 10:14:18 AM »
3 Strikes vs Double Prices:
No contest.  It's much more fun to see someone win an expensive car than something on DP, although having a car on DP is a rare treat.

3 Strikes 10-1.

Master Key vs Danger Price:
Tough matchup.  Both games are equally as exciting.  Master Key has a slight advantage due to its offering of a car and a more elegant set.

Master Key 6-5.

Offline ucb2912

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2006, 10:38:37 AM »
3S Versus Double:

Admittedly double prices is seen much more often than 3 strikes, you have to admit that seeing a game played for a luxury car is much cooler than seeing a game played for a regular prize.

3 Strikes wins 10 to 1

Master Key Versus Danger Price:

This one is tough, but I personally like master key more. Its very original, and despite not having as much pricing knowledge as Danger price, its always fun to see.

Master Key Wins 7 To 4

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2006, 10:48:23 AM »
3 STRIKES vs. DOUBLE PRICES
While Double prices is a decent game to watch. 3 Strikes is a whole lot better to watch and fill with more excitement. No contest here 3 stirkes 9-2

DANGER PRICE vs. MASTER KEY
While both Danger price and Master key have plenty of prizes. I tend to like Master key more than Danger price. Master key wins 8-3

Offline jwalk03

• In the Audience
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2006, 01:13:54 PM »
This is my first attempt at voting in this game but here goes.
In the first match-up 3 strikes is far more exciting than the boring quickie Double Prices and 3Xs always has great prizes like a $50,000 corvette on the season premire (DP had an $18,000 boat though)In the end DP is necessary but not as fun as 3Xs. Score
3Xs 9
DP  2

The second match up surprises me. Master Key is one of my favorite car games, mostly because it isnt over used like many of the other car games (1847#, $ GM, not to mention any names!) Double Prices isnt very exciting to me and they often lose on their first pick. So hands down its Master Key.
MK- 11
DP- 0