Author Topic: 1972 TPiR cues available soon?  (Read 89716 times)

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 1972 TPiR cues available soon?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 05:48:03 PM »
In the banner, click on "Vault".

You'll see a screen to enter a name & password.  You can't set this up yet; it hasn't been introduced yet.

And on top of that, the Vault is only available to those who donate to TVPMM.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 06:16:17 PM »
Seeing as how it costs money to operate and maintain the database, I can see why.

Offline Sizeman

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Walking The Golden Road - after 20 years
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 06:48:40 PM »
 I'm up for a membership when it's available. There's just so much stuff on there which has required so much time for them to put together. Well worth the cost!

Offline LarryC

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 06:53:34 PM »
Here's the page where it says those cues have been added:

http://twitter.com/tvpmm

Now:  When can we purchase that subscription to the Vault?   It still says "Under Construction" when I click on Membership.

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 08:42:10 PM »
Just got this from Terry:

"We are completing some backend programming.  The Vault should be ready in a couple of weeks."

Looks like we just have to be patient.
Bazinga!

Offline Ketsuban

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Safirian Empire
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 09:27:00 PM »
...unless it's T.Q., a guy who's on my "dislike" roster because of the disclaimer on his front page

TQ's on my enemies list, but only because he refuses to provide cues in a widely accepted format like MP3, while demanding that cues be forked over to him in MP3 format.
HYO Winnings: $56,365

Offline MandDY53

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 06:58:58 AM »
Per the TVPMM Twitter feed, another 89 cues from "The Price is Right 1972 Reel One" have been added to the Vault!

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 07:33:38 AM »
As if I had any reserve before, I will certainly be starting a membership! That's amazing; although, I would hope it extends beyond the 1972 cues.  My absolute favorite collection is the 1974 set, but I'd also like the full '76, '83, and '94 packages as well.

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 11:37:58 AM »
That is absolutely amazing!  That's enough for me to definitely sign up for a membership.  If they're not already set up with the official cue numbers on TVPMM, I hope someone is able to give them to us.  That would be cool to have, as the only ones I'm able to identify right off from the '72 package are M2 and 0012.

Looks like we just have to be patient.

Right now, I'm just wishing patience was one of my virtues! :lol:

Tyler
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 12:52:15 PM »
Didn't someone say that if you donate, you get access to the TVPMM vault?  Maybe we should all give $25 or so apiece, and Terry will give us access?  It's worth thinking about at least.  Can someone get confirmation on this, donate and you get Vault access (even if only temporarily)?
Bazinga!

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 12:59:55 PM »
one thing you might want to ask him as well.  If you have previosuly donated to TVPMM, can you donate the difference and get access to the Vault.  He did this with The Cross-Wits package.

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 02:46:30 PM »
I sent off an e-mail and am waiting for an answer re: using the "Donate" links around the site to access the Vault.

I've been lurking over at Invision at their Vault topic, and I noticed that someone had received a CD of a few of these pieces.  This person says most of the cuts are between 10 and 40 seconds and include a lot of familiar variants of the first COD music, including M2 (yes!).  I don't believe I've read anything about what was in the other 89 cues or anything about their duration, but isn't it a remote possibility that these cues are from 1973 instead?  "Cue 40" was from what we refer to as the 1974 package, and it was used on shows that were taped and aired in 1973.

I'll let everyone know what I find out if someone else doesn't get the question answered before me.

Tyler
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 05:47:07 PM »
Just got a reply back.  As promised, here's what I found out. 

The Vault will not be accessible if you use the "Donate" links around the site.  Access is only granted by using the "Membership" tab.  As brtsimpson said, the Vault should be available in the next couple of weeks.  We will know when the Vault is open by a Twitter posting.

Due to files being lifted, I understand that IP addresses will be tracked.  The audio files will also be watermarked, so it's quite possible that these audio files won't be completely clean.  That's a huge letdown.

I would be fine with watermarked stuff being in the free section; however, if I'm paying, I want to hear 100% clean files with good sound quality. This, alone, may affect whether or not I am still interested in a membership.  (The "Cross Wits" package that was given out in the past was apparently given the same treatment.  If anyone received a "Cross Wits" digital reel and can elaborate on the sound quality and the digital watermarking, it may give us a better insight on what we are to expect.)

Tyler

Offline tpirman1982

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My TPIR Fanpage
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 06:08:19 PM »
Just got a reply back.  As promised, here's what I found out.  

The Vault will not be accessible if you use the "Donate" links around the site.  Access is only granted by using the "Membership" tab.  As brtsimpson said, the Vault should be available in the next couple of weeks.  We will know when the Vault is open by a Twitter posting.

Due to files being lifted, I understand that IP addresses will be tracked.  The audio files will also be watermarked, so it's quite possible that these audio files won't be completely clean.  That's a huge letdown.

I would be fine with watermarked stuff being in the free section; however, if I'm paying, I want to hear 100% clean files with good sound quality. This, alone, may affect whether or not I am still interested in a membership.  (The "Cross Wits" package that was given out in the past was apparently given the same treatment.  If anyone received a "Cross Wits" digital reel and can elaborate on the sound quality and the digital watermarking, it may give us a better insight on what we are to expect.)

Tyler

Aw, I won't be able to hear any 1972 cues in the clear? Well, Casey Buck no longer delivering TPIR music cues is bad enough.
The only way to manually accumulate cues is by using SoundForge Audio Studio to record the audio and create our own mp3 files without lifting directly from the site.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 06:10:29 PM by tpirman1982 »

Offline MandDY53

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 06:10:46 PM »
If anyone received a "Cross Wits" digital reel and can elaborate on the sound quality and the digital watermarking, it may give us a better insight on what we are to expect.)
I have donated to the TVPMM and received the "CrossWits" music and it is high quality and completely clean.  The watermarking isn't something you can hear, but it is a signal that is embedded in the file.  For the CrossWits music, each person who received it had a unique watermark, so if the cue found its way onto another site (or YouTube), the source could be tracked down.  It should be a non-issue as far as quality is concerned.