Author Topic: WHY HAS SHELL GAME NOT BEEN PLAYED  (Read 5116 times)

Offline justin

• In the Audience
WHY HAS SHELL GAME NOT BEEN PLAYED
« on: November 06, 2006, 03:08:21 PM »
SHELL GAME IS 1 OF THE EASIEST GAMES ON THE PRICE IS RIGHT. I KNOW IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO PLAY BUT IS A GOOD GAME TO PLAY. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY IT IS NOT BEING PLAYED :-(  :-o  :-x  :oops:  :cry:  :evil:  :idea:

Offline apeminkie

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GRECO
Re: WHY HAS SHELL GAME NOT BEEN PLAYED
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 03:11:18 PM »

mvp23_07 wrote:
SHELL GAME IS 1 OF THE EASIEST GAMES ON THE PRICE IS RIGHT.

I actually think Hit Me is, but you know where that game went.

mvp23_07 wrote:
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY IT IS NOT BEING PLAYED

If you stop yelling, maybe we can take a dumb guess before this thread is locked.  :-?

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 03:14:33 PM »
It's just one of those games that isn't exactly all that popular, therefore it sees a less frequent amount of playings than other games. (cough) Plinko (cough). But I'm with you, it's a very fun game to play and should be played a little more often.

Just watch. Now that you've asked about it, it'll get played tomorrow. lol. Ya never know.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 03:17:47 PM »
PLEASE don't use ALL CAPS when posting. It's considered quite rude.

It's not uncommon for Shell Game to show up in November or December for its first playing. It just takes a little too much time on the show to be played on a regular basis. Pity.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 03:20:14 PM »
BREAKING NEWS:

HIT ME CONVICTED OF MURDER

Los Angeles:  The game show "The Price is Right" may be in more trouble than what was once thought.

On Halloween, it was announced that Bob Barker, long running host of the show, was going to retire at the end of the season.  This past Sunday, John Sly, member of the website Golden-Road.net and former "Price" contestant, informed members and the public of the retirement of the game "Hit Me" from the show.

"Hit Me" was a simple game involving blackjack and grocery products.  Products would be shown with their price mulitplied by a number (in this case, a number card from a deck of cards).  Contestants would try to make the best blackjack hand from those products.  They would be playing against the house, and if they had a better hand than the house, they would win.  However, this was becoming too difficult for some contestants, hence it's retirement.

This is where the trouble came.

In moving the prop from the studio's storage facilities to the trash, the wheels underneith the game came loose, sending the main board into a spin, eventually ramming into, and severely damaging, the Shell Game table.  A new prop will need to be designed and built before the game can re-enter the rotation.  The game is currently scheduled to re-enter the rotation around season 42.

---

Just passing along information I got....  8-)  :-D  :-P  :-P
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline justin

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 03:25:25 PM »
Does this mean we won't see shelly for a long time :-(  :-x

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 04:10:33 PM »
No. Have patience, pilgrim. It's not that big a deal. 'Shelly' is one of the lesser-played games to begin with.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 04:22:10 PM »
Who's keeping track of the "Is x retired?" threads?  Looks like that'll have to be reset down to zero days.

In Season 27, Shell Game was first played on November 9.  In Season 31, Shell Game was first played on November 5.  In Season 32, Shell Game was first played on November 21.  See, for whatever reason, Roger just doesn't play it often, and hasn't played it much in years.  No season since Season 27 has seen it played more than five times.  And in all likelihood, there's nothing to worry about.

That out of the way, does anyone know what the heck was up with Shell Game in Season 28?  That was something to worry about.  But that's neither here nor now.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 04:41:26 PM »
There's also the possibility that Shelly was played on the pre-empted episode in October.  Although history seems to suggest that it just hasn't come up yet.

Offline Adam Lonier

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 05:20:45 PM »
Shell is way too long and needs a lot of skill. Like the first PICK-A-PAIR, Shell Game involves Memory.

Edited (2)-for  misreading subject

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 06:10:47 PM »
Shell Game requires skill and involves memory?  No.  Just no.  Please don't speak if you're not going to make sense.  I'm really tired of all your nonsensical posts.  Stop it already!  I'm sick of telling you that!

And I don't know why I didn't lock this before, since it's just another panicky "Is x retired?!?!" sort of post... I must be slipping.

[color=0000FF]LOCKED[/color]