Author Topic: The Last New Barker Beauty  (Read 3485 times)

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
The Last New Barker Beauty
« on: November 09, 2006, 08:31:05 PM »
After seeing the very 1st appearance of new Barker Beauty Kristina Longa today it brought me to this question. Who would be the lucky lady to have the destinction to be the last new beauty to meet up and be on TPIR with the legendary host Bob Barker before he retires. Or will they're be any more new beauties before Bob retires?

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: The Last New Barker Beauty
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 08:34:48 PM »
Oops, I didn't even notice a new model today!  They're becoming too alike.  

Maybe if we were to cut it down to THREE beauties, Bob could handle Season 36.  :lol:

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 09:15:19 PM »
Wow...I didn't notice either...and I KNEW Kristina was coming up.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Last New Barker's Beauty
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 09:59:27 PM »
Well, if form holds there will likely be a couple more Barker's Beauty one-offs this season.

Personally, I'd rather just work with the semi-permanent lot rather than bring in newbies, but that's how it is.

Offline apeminkie

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GRECO
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 10:51:02 PM »
I guess that makes me "three."

As for who will be "the last", we can't exactly pinpoint it, especially if we don't notice when new Beauties are starting on the show!  :lol:

Not to stray off-topic, I'd be more interested in seeing who will hold the distinction of the last contestant to play a Pricing Game (and which one, at that) on the show.

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 12:05:22 AM »
I think it would be fitting for the last game to be Any Number. Bob's 1st show started with it, so why not end his last with it?

Offline wdm1219

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 04:51:06 AM »
I agree, I believe the last episode with Barker at the helm should have Any Number as the final pricing game.

I also feel that Grocery Game, Clock Game, Money Game, Double Prices and Bonus Game should also be on the final episode.  

Not only are they the six oldest games which could and would fit into the hour show (meaning you can't have Bonus Game AND Five Price Tags the same day), but 5 of the 6 would be on the turntable.

For Bob's final show, they should have the most stellar showcases ever.

I know not the status of Connie, the very first player on the very first episode who played Any Number, and won a Chevy Vega I believe, worth $2,746, but it would be awesome if she were still alive, and could somehow be on stage with the final contestant playing Any Number, as the final game.

It's kind of sad in a way to think that when Shell Game, and any and all of the other pricing games, especially the ones from the 70s & 80s are played, that I for one won't be able to help but wonder "Is this the last time Ol Barker will be with (insert pricing game name here).

I hope the final week of shows, at least on daytime, will feature all of the old classics only (Ten Chances, Three Strikes, Hi Lo, Most Expensive, Range Game), etc.

If I were Bob and it was the last playing of Range Game, I'd say to the contestant "do not stop the rangefinder, as we cannot start it again until I receive my first pension check".

Warmest regards, and wishing each and every one of you on the boards an early, safe, happy and healthy holiday season!

Bill McD (fan of TPIR since 9/4/72 - 2 days before I began Kindergarten).

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 11:38:21 AM »
Shame, shame... all of you that didn't recognize Kristina. I liked her.