(1/12) > >>

Macsen:
The Price is Right Recap - 4/6/2011 Episode #5513K
Aired: 4/6/2011; Tape Date 3/28/2011
Models: Rachel Reynolds, Manuela Arbelaez, Amber Lancaster
Announcer: George Gray
Drew Entrance: Door #2
Mic Handoff: Rachel
First Four Contestant Seating: Mixed (1, 4, 2, 3) First IUFB: iPhone 4 (1yr 450min 2GB plan; ARP: $979) (Manuela) MURETTA CHRISTINA SUSAN ROLANDO WINNER $350 $750 $550 $780 ROLANDO Rolando is playing Let 'em Roll for a Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport convertible. (2.0-litre engine, automatic transmission; ARP: $26,165) (Amber; Rachel on items) ITEM VitaFusion Fiber Gummies Kraft Stove Top stuffing Reynolds Cut-Rite wax paper GUESS START LESS MORE ARP $10.99 $2.39 $1.59 He gets one extra roll for a total of two. DICE DECISION CAR CAR CAR $500 $1,500 GO ON CAR CAR CAR CAR $1,500 LOSS Second IUFB: 3D 5.1 Blu-ray home theatre (Sony; ARP: $600) (Manuela) Muretta Christina Susan CARRIE WINNER $699 $1 $2 $595 CARRIE Carrie, who brought Drew Parma socks from Cleveland, is playing Squeeze Play for a set of three theatre seats + 55" LCD HDTV. (Samsung) (Amber) DISPLAY 6 1 4 0 9 CHOICE (removed 4) $ 6 1 0 9 ARP: $6,149 LOSS Third IUFB: Look of the Week (ARP: $1,926) (Rachel) Muretta Christina Susan JACQUELINE WINNER $2100 $649
beeee...... $651 $650 SUSAN Susan is playing  Eazy az 1-2-3. ITEM BLOCK ARP Lance Powersports Cali Classic scooter (Amber) 2 $1999
LOSS Mac Pro computer (8GB RAM, 1TB HDD) (Manuela 1 $3618 Refrigerator (Manuela) 3 $2528 SCSD #1 Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL Carrie $600 70 STAY *SHOWCASE* Rachel $1,926 65 50 OVER Rolando $2,479 40 90 OVER Fourth IUFB: Pair of digital cameras (Nikon Coolpix; 14.3MP, two 2GB memory cards; selection of photobooks from Shutterfly; ARP: $2,339) (Amber) Muretta Christina ALFTAN Jacqueline WINNER $600 $900 $450 $850 CHRISTINA Christina IS ALIIIIIIVE! And she is playing Coming or Going for a trip to Cancun. (RT coach for 4 LA to Cancun, 6n all-inclusive Crown Paradise Club via BookIt.com) (Manuela) 6 1 2 4       ARP: $4,216
LOSS Victimized by the peanut gallery (and she blamed her husband). But more importantly, how is a trip to four THAT DOOPING CHEAP?! Fifth IUFB: Washer and dryer (royal blue; ARP: $2,998) (Rachel) Muretta ALEXANDER Alftan Jacqueline WINNER $1401 $1222 $1400 $2270 JACQUELINE Jacqueline is playing Rat Race. Yes, we get it on consecutive days. FIRST PRIZE Toyota Prius II (Manuela) SECOND PRIZE Organic groceries for a year (Amber) THIRD PRIZE Massage table + massages for a year (Amber) Item Guesses (Rachel) MARGIN ITEM GUESS ARP RESULT $1 Softsoap anti-bacterial hand soap $4.50 $2.29 WRONG $10 Iron (T-Fal) $18.99 $50 WRONG $100 Stand mixer (KitchenAid) $60 $250 WIPEOUT Yup. Another day, another Rat Race wipeout. RAT PLACE PRIZE GREEN 1   YELLOW 2   BLUE 5   PINK 3   ORANGE 4   Not a pleasant day. Of the First Four, Muretta has done the least wrong. She doesn't deserve the mugshot machine. She deserves the impending visit by that skunk singing Chevalier even less. Will she be the one to save us from a more odious note? Sixth IUFB: 3pc fire pit seating group (ARP: $1,985) (Manuela and George Gray) Muretta Alexander Alftan MARCI WINNER $1900 $1222 $1250 $1200 MURETTA Muretta escapes. And I'm sure she's not even bothering to think about what the doop Alexander keeps bidding $1,222 for. She is playing Secret "X" for an outdoor kitchen island. (International Outdoor Furnishings; ARP: $9,998) (Rachel) Free X placed in lower right. (Items by Amber) ITEM CHOICES GUESS ARP RESULT 2GB iPod shuffle $33 $49 $49 $49 lower left Sunglasses (A|X) $41 $65 $65 $65 upper left Board: X       X   X   X ALL HAIL MURETTA! SCSD #2 Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL Christina $2,339 50 35 85 Jacqueline $2,998 60 15 75 Muretta $12,097 1.00 N/A OVER Bonus... Contestant Winnings Spin Result Muretta $13,097 65 *SHOWCASE* SHOWCASE ROUND
In the David-vs.-Goliath Showcase Round, Muretta has the honor... SC1 - CARRIE MAKING FAMILY TIME
(w/Holly Robinson Peete of The Talk) TRIP/SUV BID: $29,500 Set of four iPad 2s (16GB Wi-Fi, cases, $500 iTunes gift card)
Napa Valley (RT coach LA to San Francisco rental car to Napa Valley, 3n Auberge du Soleil, dinner at The French Laundry)
Ford Edge SEL (3.5-litre V6 engine, vista sunroof, voice-activated navigation, Equipment Group 202A)
ARP: $45,420 DIFF: $15,920 *WIN* $46,020 SC2 - MURETTA GIRLFRIEND TIME
(w/Julie Chen of The Talk) TRIPS/BMW BID: $38,500 Laguna Beach (RT limo for 4 LA to Laguna Beach, 1n The Montage)
New York City (RT coach for 4 LA to NYC, 3n St. Regis Hotel, $5,000 cash, personal shopper)
BMW 328i Convertible (3.0-litre V6 engine, heated seats, Premium Package) ARP: $74,472 DIFF: $35,972 LOSS $13,097 Show Results: 1 out of 6
Total Winnings: $68,859 THIS RECAP IS THE PRODUCED SOLELY FOR GOLDEN-ROAD.NET
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR EXHIBITION IS PROHIBITED
PRODUCED BY KITCH

--- Quote from: Me, earlier today ---Recap will be delayed. Busy evening.
--- End quote ---

Mallory16:
I'm actually a little torn on Rat Race.  On one hand, Jacqueline definitely did say $60, there's no question, so a technical win was not warranted, make no mistake.  On the other hand, she quickly realized that the $60 guess was a really bad idea, and was desperately trying to take it back, but Drew and the model were both ignoring her, and for that matter, seemed to be in a bit of a hurry to get the price revealed.  It actually seemed very un-Drew-like... I kind of wonder if he just didn't hear her, since he usually loves allowing people a huge amount of time to change their minds.  Either way, I felt bad for her, since she just wound up helplessly pleading to change her answer.

Does Rat Race count as a GP or SP game or what?  It seemed really odd that it was played with not only Let 'em Roll, but also Secret "X."  On a semi-related note, three heavily luck-based games in one show is kinda' overkill.

Steve, do you know why Rat Race was played in two consecutive episodes?  That probably couldn't have been scheduled worse than it was, with two consecutive episodes with a wipeout.  I suspect a fair number of casual viewers will even notice that.

That may have possibly been the easiest Secret "X" setup since Roger left.

Wax paper is much cheaper than aluminum foil.  I did not know that.

Alfonzo:
I wonder if Rat Race was a sub for 10 Chances...

Wayoshi:

--- Quote from: Alfonzo on April 06, 2011, 03:56:05 PM ---I wonder if Rat Race was a sub for 10 Chances...

--- End quote ---
That or Temptation was my first thought...and then X showed up, with Rat has been considered a SP/car so far this season, this makes sense. There's also the possibility with this show being taped 3-4 weeks after its others they lost track of when it was airing (Price Look of the Week also repeated), although that would *really* be just lazy.

Anyways, this show really exemplified what's wrong with the current direction: setups are too hard (Coggy was downright nasty), contestants are not being picked optimally / new direction has highly degraded the quality of contestants, and needless sexing up in the showcases. It was not fun to watch this show, and I was fed up for the first time in quite awhile afterwards.

3StrikesFan:
Until Kitch can:

Let Em' Roll - L
Squeeze Play - L (played horribly)
Eazy Az 123 - L (Damn HARD!)
Coming Or Going - L
Rat Race - L - Wipeout (played worse than Squeeze Play) (Guesses $60 on the last prize after Drew tells her the $100 difference)
Secret X - W

Showcases: The Talk's Julie Chen and Holly Robinson Peete
#1 - 4 Ipad 2/Trip to Napa Valley/Ford Edge
#2 - Trip to Laguna Beach/$5,000 Shopping Spree in New York/BMW Convertible

I actually thought Julie and Holly did well in the showcases. They spoke well and Drew did say that they actually picked the showcases. Sure, the BMW was a bit over the top, but they didn't need the Corvette yesterday either. Usually, the special guests on the show are awful (and unknowns) and can't speak off cards or teleprompters worth a damn. So, going into today's show I expected the 2 to at least do their lines correctly, and they did. The modeling wasn't so hot, but what the hell. To be honest, they modeled better then Gwen and Amber do half the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version