Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > Season 39

TPiR Recap - 4/6/2011

<< < (2/12) > >>

Shaymin:
Has a showcase ever topped $70k outside of a season premiere/MDS/milestone show? That seems incredibly wrong for some reason.

Cartboy:
Three 1-for-6ers in a row - ridiculous!

IMHO, Rat Race should've been a technical win after what happened on the last prize.  She clearly wanted to change her guess, and I don't remember hearing Drew tell Rachel to flip the card.

Briguy:

--- Quote from: Cartboy on April 06, 2011, 04:54:51 PM ---Three 1-for-6ers in a row - ridiculous!

IMHO, Rat Race should've been a technical win after what happened on the last prize.  She clearly wanted to change her guess, and I don't remember hearing Drew tell Rachel to flip the card.

--- End quote ---

No way should the contestant have been allowed to change her answer, even if she realized she made a mistake. They don't allow corrections on other game shows once the contestant has fully said his/her answer, so why should Price?

Yes, I realize Drew has allowed contestants to change their answer before the reveal in the past, but it's time to put in a firm policy and then be consistent. Either the first answer is the one that will be accepted with no exceptions, or require the contestant to say "final answer" (or some similar indication that this is his/her answer).

Brian

Wayoshi:
It's possible the situation in Rat Race was a byproduct of editing as well - Kev just mentioned yesterday that TTM was cut down. Who's to say she did get to think about it, still kept $60, Drew did say to Gwen to reveal, and this was all cut out? The showcases were six and a half minutes long today.

Cartboy:
It was nice having the girls from The Talk on the show today.  I watch The Talk every day as well as TPIR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version