Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 9/26/2012  (Read 12383 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 9/26/2012
« on: September 26, 2012, 03:29:26 PM »
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 05:46:49 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR Recap - 9/26/2012
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 03:52:02 PM »
CoG: I would've lost.

PaB: Nice win!

LEU: Our first car game winner of Season 41! I think that missing all three middle numbers the first time was really the only chance Michelle could win.

Range: I had this suspicion that the ARP of the Harley would be low on the rangeboard.

STD: Too much work to do here today. Neither car game setup was that friendly today, but we got lucky on LEU.

Showcases: Tough loss for Michelle; I had a feeling the outcome would be close.

Good show today, thanks to the first half.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 03:59:22 PM »
Very nice first half, then the 2nd was a complete excuse to fit the last game in.

Repeat after me: Stack the Freakin' Deck, especially in its current state, belongs nowhere near premiere week. Nowhere close.

Mike almost got clumsy and gave an Acura away. I wish I could enjoy that, but it was a good bidding war nonetheless after the mega-garfs early in the week.

P.S. I jinxed Adam on Line today, exactly where I said it would be. Sweet. :P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 04:02:04 PM by Wayoshi »
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 04:32:55 PM »
This show was going so well, and then silly Stack The Deck came along. You know, if I were the video camera phone YouTube video making type, Stack The Deck's current state might be a good candidate. Today was really no better than it ever is, which is unacceptable on premiere week. I barely even paid attention to it though, and thankfully the first 20 minutes of the show was very solid today. Drew hosting as well as ever (I think they've told him to work on his transitions to break, they are much better this year), good gameplay (that LEU was tough - glad she figured out a way to work it out), good luck in Punch, and even good slotting.

Acuras in the showcase are nice, especially on premiere week. But if we have to set up Stack The Deck that hard, well you know which thing I'd prefer to change - but we've been down this road before...

Timings:
Coming Or Going (3.5) - 3:03
Punch A Bunch (5.5) - 5:55
Line 'em Up (5.5) - 5:31
Range Game (4) - 3:04
Most Expensive (3.5) - 3:53
Stack The Deck (5.5) - 5:16
Total time (27.5): 26:42

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 05:15:54 PM »
Aside from a crappy 2nd half, it wasn't that bad of a show.

THE BAD NEWS:

Most Expensive: So the grill was the most expensive, not the steam shower? That sucks for Thomas...............At least he won his showcase.

Range Game: Bad break for John.............

Stack The Deck: Futility is on full effect.

THE NOT-SO-BAD NEWS:

Punch-A-Bunch: Christine was wise to keep the $5000.

THE GOOD NEWS:

Coming or Going: Good win for Earl!

Line 'Em Up: I love Michelle and she made a great comeback! At first, I thought the missing numbers were 7,2, and 9........I almost had it though.

Close showcase bids and a car win today..........Hope we get more wins soon.

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 05:28:32 PM »
Coming or going: Easy setup and nice win
Punch a bunch: Ok that the 5 grand was won. the bad news was the 25 grand wasn't won.
Line em up: I would've won and good news the car was won.
Range game: Ouch!  :cry:
Most expensive: I didn't know the grill was that expensive.
Stack the deck: pretty tricky.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 05:29:43 PM »
Nice wins on Coming Or Going and Line Em Up & pretty nice haul on Punch A Bunch! :-)

Pretty good overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 05:37:49 PM »
Pretty good show today.

I think the contestant playing Stack the Deck should have had at least one more free pick with the pasta sauce / energy drink. At least if she had ever seen the show in the past, she would've known Francesco Rinaldi pasta sauce was never over $2.50, at least all the times I've seen it in the past on the show.

And is the very small, 10 second or so credits becoming normal now (the credits before the split-screen ones)?
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 05:48:14 PM »
Another decent episode today, lets hope this keeps up.

Christine was a lot of fun to watch, very animated and full of such genuine energy. So glad Punch-a-Bunch worked out well for her.

That was great how the show ended off with two close bids, very nail biting, especially after the past two days dealing out $10K+ differences.

Other than that I don't really have anything else to say (except for steering clear of the negatives), today gave us a decent standard regular episode.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 06:46:14 PM »
Christine couldn't have played Punch-a-Bunch much better.  Perfect pricing, fast punching, and a $5,000 win.  Would have been nice if she had found the $10,000 or $25,000, obviously.

Is it me, or does Christine sound like Carol Kane?

My showcase bids:
Car--$39,107
WWP--$25,107
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 07:59:03 PM »
Well, I see they're still setting up Stack the Deck horrendously.  That really needs to cease.  Other than that, this was a pretty decent show, although the first showcase could have used a better script -- maybe something along the lines of "Prizes Revealed When Rachel Tries to Join the Avengers."
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline BenclankTPIR

• Outside in Line
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 08:07:18 PM »
The first half of the game show was good and amazing but the second half was tough than it was to be amazing like a perfect show.
You know, at the Coming or Going game I thought it was $7,000 but it was $9,000 and at Stack the Deck the prices were tough but third price got it away.
I'm going to give it 7/10 for the first half of Price was just amazing.
Thank you!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 08:13:06 PM »
It was great to see Christine find $5,000 on the first punch.  I do hope we finally see a $25,000 win this season, though, but we began Punch-a-Bunch's playtime this season on a solid note.

Line em Up was fantastic; after having no numbers right the first time, Michelle managed to get the always tricky fourth digit correct on the second try.  After she reasoned out the second digit and taking the only other option for the third digit.  We also got to see the winning flash (although the lights looked a bit dim).

The setup for the first two grocery products in Stack the Deck makes me wonder if Pass the Buck was subbed out; both products were within a dollar of each other's price.  Also, as Steve pointed out, Stack the Deck is set up poorly.  It's already a tough game as it stands; at least give the contestants a fighting chance with the grocery items.

The music in the first showcase made me think of Captain Klutz.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 08:55:50 PM »
^ When the price was -863? No. They really were being just plain nasty.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 11:03:17 PM »
The sad thing about Stacky is that it would be a fun game if it was set up properly.  Ideally, two of the GPs should be so easy that they're almost freebies.  Even with two free numbers, I would surmise that the game would only be won about 25% of the time.

Unfortunately, the current management feels the need to make the game nearly impossible every single time it is played.

At least in the case of today, we had Line 'em Up won to make up for it.