Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/9/2012  (Read 16864 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 10/9/2012
« on: October 09, 2012, 02:32:15 PM »
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:39:39 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/9/2012
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 02:49:41 PM »
They wanted a perfect show today or damn close to it.

The lineup was spectacular, the setups were fair, and it was just a fun show to watch.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 02:56:01 PM »
Flip Flop: Fairly easy.

SS: That cheap BOSCH dishwasher strikes again.

MK: That was so not supposed to have been a wipeout.

Squeeze: Quiet, audience- you almost made this harder than it was supposed to be!

HiO: I didn't do any better than Lynda- I thought the Tide stuff was much cheaper than it was. I give her credit, though, for at least guessing the oil was the most expensive instead of the cream, as well as winning w/ a beautiful second putt!

m#: Well, there wasn't much doubt about that win.

Showcases: I didn't think Lynda had much of a chance of winning her Showcase, because Carolyn's bid looked very good to me on the trip/boat one. And I thought for sure that when Lynda won her Showcase that the Yaris would replace the boat in Door #2, when in fact they moved it (as well as the backdrop for it during HiO) to Door #1. I can never figure this show out sometimes.

Good show today.

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 02:59:01 PM »
Today show was very good & Drew did a great job today with hosting.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 03:27:01 PM »
...Wow, that's pretty much a DOBesque show right there, all the way down the line.

Key's frustration has now also transcended across two seasons. This must be the third wipeout or so in the past year when both keys, at worst, were tossups. Spree was also the easiest in awhile and it was essentially wiped out too, when Drew gives the avoid least expensive hint!

I'm not sure if the inspiration putt was edited out or if Drew forgot after almost doing it without finding her line first.

M# seems like it's going to be either unlosable or difficult, requiring a # where he was at first today (~3600) to win. No happy medium anymore, even though the recalibrated lever clearly has helped, including today?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 03:49:59 PM »
Plus, I notice in today's Hole in One, all grocery item prices are revealed, despite the contestant not winning the $500 bonus.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 04:10:38 PM »
Wow, what a great show!  The games were set up well, the contestants were pretty good, and Drew was on top of things.  It almost felt like Bob and Roger were still there.  Hell, the wrong answer in Shopping Spree was even the third prize! :)

Did anyone notice that the spinny part of Magic # just stopped partway through the game?

Was I the only one who was worried when the contestant in the wheelchair spun the Big Wheel?  I thought Drew should have held onto the chair -- it looked like the recoil was going to roll him straight into the wheel!
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 04:11:10 PM »
A good show today.

I agree that Master Key should not have panned out as it did. The blender, at least for me, was a tossup (though I got it correct), but I've seen that iPod enough to know that it's nowhere near $100. She should've at least gotten that one correct.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 06:17:42 PM »
You know, in chat I predicted Bonkers last, then was reminded such a game wouldn't work with a handicapped contestant called in First Four...

...Wouldn't Hole also have been a big problem? Key would have also needed the ramp if he didn't wipe out!

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »
Today's show was pretty good with 4 wins for 6. Shopping Spree shoulda been won and Master Key shouldn't have been wiped out. Those just costed us a perfect show. Everything was setup for a win today.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 06:31:38 PM »
Flip Flop, Squeeze Play, Magic #, Hole In One:  Nice wins! :-)
Master Key:  Shoulda had one key.
Shopping Spree:  Bummer! :-(

Good show overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline JoePlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 06:31:46 PM »
How the hell did no one catch this?

"If we want the show to stay on, you have to support the show.  How can we lose an American classic?"  - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »
I agree that Master Key should not have panned out as it did. The blender, at least for me, was a tossup (though I got it correct), but I've seen that iPod enough to know that it's nowhere near $100. She should've at least gotten that one correct.

It still ended with a Zero.   When I saw the fakes, I thought a wipe out was very possible.
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 06:44:12 PM »
How the hell did no one catch this?

Oh, wow...I thought at first maybe she knew that person, but it dosen't look good after watching it over again.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 06:47:13 PM »
There is no way a man mistakes a woman's name... must have been an accidental punch.