Front Office > The Front Office

Game Show Garbage

<< < (4/6) > >>

PatrickRox80:

--- Quote from: Hag on January 26, 2013, 09:00:39 PM ---A phrase that is often used when criticism of MLP fans comes up is "Haters gonna hate."
--- End quote ---

Indeed. Just because a percentage of a fanbase, be it MLP or The Price is Right, is so religiously involved that members constantly clash with one another doesn't mean the entire fandom is revolting. I guess this guy's disappointment with G-R had been bottled up for so long and chose the kids' special as his window of opportunity.

SuperMatch93:
Damn... as much as I am a fan of GSG, this is just... bad. (For the record, this isn't the same guy that wrote the ED article.)

The least he could have done would have been to censor the names.

TheGRVOfLightning:
Guys you do realise by making this thread you have given Robert even more ammo, Right?

123123123:

--- Quote from: TheGRVOfLightning on January 26, 2013, 09:25:46 PM ---Guys you do realise by making this thread you have given Robert even more ammo, Right?

--- End quote ---

We would only be giving him ammo if we actually cared what he thought. And, for the most part, I don't think many do.

MannyCav:

--- Quote from: TheGRVOfLightning on January 26, 2013, 09:25:46 PM ---Guys you do realise by making this thread you have given Robert even more ammo, Right?

--- End quote ---
You could take the stand that even addressing such an insulting article is giving it more attention than it deserves, or you could take the stand that such an article directly addressing the community merits and perhaps even requires a counter-response. I believe that the only ammunition that you could conceivably give the author is to either act the way he alleges most of this website does, or to emulate his derogatory style and reciprocate it back to him, neither of which I intend to do. The closest I got was a few choice--and I believe accurate--words regarding one of his trusted sources, Encyclopedia Dramatica, considering the quality--specifically, the lack thereof--of content prevalent there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version