Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/25/2007  (Read 11679 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/25/2007
« on: January 25, 2007, 02:38:50 PM »

Production #3854K - Taped Dec. 5, 2006

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: left to right

Handoff: Gwen

Models of the Day: Gwendolyn Osbourne, Brandi Sherwood and Shane Stirling

Wearing: Adrianna Papell

1   Halex Game Room Package (S)

RACHNA 400
KATHRYN 600
CHARLES *1000
JASON 950
($1000)

Charles from Texas collects the $500 wad and plays MAKE YOUR MOVE

Snow Cone
Maker
($28)
La-Z-Boy
Montreal Sofa (B)
($969)
Yamaha Phazer
Snowmobile (G)
($6598)
LOSS

2   Stainless Popcorn Cart (B + G w/a doggy)

+Rachna *1451
+Kathryn 620
ALISA 630
+Jason 835
($2164)

Rachna, a student at USC, plays PUNCHBOARD

Portable Media Player$120LOWER$95*(26)50
Ice Cream Sphere40LOWER29*(23)50
(Cooks) Coffee Maker30HIGHER40*(10)50
(Remington) Rotary Shaver130LOWER114*( 3 )1000LOSS

You won't believe this. Barker was talking with Stella before the next calldown. She appeared gave him a compliment which he played up (Turned out someone else shouted it to him). Wouldn't you know the next person to be called down is Stella? What a Fluke!

3   Pulaski Silver Nugget Curio Cabinet/Poligrip Strips (S)

STELLA 900
+Kathryn 1200
Alisa *2000
+Jason 1350
($2370)

Alisa plays LUCKY SEVEN for a Dodge Magnum (Std., Stereo, AirBag, Cargo, Mats, BlkHtr)(B)

Picks:1 7 5 5
Price:   $2 4 7 3 5
Bucks:   7 4 6 2 2WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1

$1,500Charles  35 + 75OV
3,442Rachna  40 + 35.75
27,105Alisa1001.00*$1000*   Bonus 10   Through to Showcase Round

4   2 Water Ventures Paddleboards (G)

Stella *1600
+Kathryn 1000
DAVID 1300
+Jason 1500
($1899)

Stella goes on a SHOPPING SPREE

$4000
(2) Chromcraft 5 pc Dining Group$11892811
(1) Bowflex Extreme 2 Home Gym15991212
(4) Woods 17.5 cu ft Freezer649563LOSS

(3) Hohner Corona 2 Accordian1595

5   2 Dale Tiffany Mission Lamps/Coricidin HBP (B)

TARA *650
+Kathryn 800
David 803
+Jason 825
($750)

Tara plays PASS THE BUCK for a Ford Focus S (Std., AC)(S)($15,230)

Free Pick(2) 3000

Space Bag (Large)$5.99
(Maxwell House) Coffee (13 oz)2.99$3.99*(5) CARWIN!

Clorox Ultimate Care4.295.29X
Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion8.95

We have two more laggards in the Row. Kathryn and Jason are facing banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club, and right now the membership committee is drawing up papers for each. One of them could avoid that long walk of shame. Who will it be? Jason has the best chance of survival and the last bid.

Meanwhile, DUCK!!!

6   THE DREADED LOB-STER TENNIS BALL MACHINE! (B&G)
STEPHANIE 1000
+Kathryn 800
David 875
+Jason 1200
($849)

Jason heads off to the clubhouse while Kathryn from Utah plays RANGE GAME for a Beachcomber Hot Tub (S)

Scale:$9300-9900
Range:$9438-9588
Price:$9495   WIN!

...and never once did Kathryn look at the Range Finder. She put all her faith in her buddies. That's dangerous (and highly discouraged), but it worked out.

SHOWDOWN #2

$1,899Stella15 + 55.70
10,344Kathryn  5 + 75.80Through to Showcase Round
19,020Tara60 + 90.OV

SHOWCASE ROUND

Alisa has the honor.

SC1-Alisa

SNOOPY SALLY (B)
Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream Cakes (24)
diamondsforless.net Diamond Solitaire Ring (B)
Chrysler 300 (Std., Stereo, Pedals)(G)
BID$28,500
PRICE32,945
DIFF- 4,445
TOTAL$28,105

SC2-Kathryn

FAMILIAR CLOCKS
Runco 32" LCD HDTV (S)
Trip to London (NWA Vacations; 6n)(G)
Chevy Corvette (Std., AT, Wheels, #Z51, #3LT)(S)
BID$62,000
PRICE64,380
DIFF- 2,380
TOTAL$74,724

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6

Total Winnings: $128,690

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/25/2007
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 02:47:53 PM »
Shopping Spree was a forced loss.  It's that simple.  Even "Don't Know the Price of Anything" Bob seemed genuinely surprised by how expensive the accordian was!  I felt bad for Stella, who was just nice and excited.  No luck in the showcase showdown either.  Darn.

Make Your Move, on the other hand, was not as difficult as it first appeared, and could have been won if played more thoughtfully.  Or more to the point, the game was easy if you focused on the price of the sno cone maker, specifically.  $28 was, by far, the best-looking price for that, but I'm not surprised that Charles wound up giving the sno cone maker the "leftover price" treatment.  It cost him.

Speaking of Make Your Move, has anyone noticed how quickly people have been playing that game this season?  That's really amazing!  Charles was the fourth contestant this season to finish the game practically as soon as it started!

Was anyone else really worried that the spa in Range Game would wind up being $9595?  I know little pricing is actually involved in Range Game, but when the prize is a spa, I'd definitely want to make sure two prices ending in "95" are covered.

A rarity at the end of today's show:  the showcase loser was celebrating with the showcase winner!  I wonder if they knew each other before, or became friends in line, or even after the show started.  Who knows.  That was cool!

Yay for Clock Game showing up in the showcase!  This is like the third time Clock Game's shown up in a showcase in the past few years.  Someone must really like it!

Actually though, considering the first showcase... John?

Looked like Bob wanted to become announcer for a second, wanting to call someone on down
And Rachna

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 02:49:54 PM »
Bidding Round #1- #135, Rachna! :-D

Bidding Round #2- #136, Alisa! :-D

Lucky Seven- That called seven was the game-saver. Nice win.

Bidding Round #5- #137, Tara! :-D

Bidding Round #6- #138, Stephanie! A four-hottie day?! How rare is that! :-D

Showcase- Wow, a Corvette... and it was won! That's awesome.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Stella.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Pretty good show today. The fact that it was a four-hottie day helps, too... Grade: 3

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 02:51:19 PM »
Decent show today, lineup was not what I was wanting (speaking from the perspective of one who is in AR), but oh well there is always tomorrow.

MYM: That's game #4 in which zilch took it in AR. When he put the snow cone maker at $65 I figured this was gonna be a trainwreck.

Punchboard: Boy, if Rachna got $50 across the board that would have stunk. Bob's historical moment and buildup was hillarious.

Pre-IUFB#3: Hillarious: Sorta reminiscent from that time that woman helped fix Pathfinder and she was the next contestant called.

Lucky 7: Nice comeback win by Alisa

Shopping Spree: Arrgghhhhh. 2 people picked this in AR. In my opinion Stella won by losing, who would want to win an accordion?

Pass the Buck: 7 took this in AR and I wasn't one of 'em. That 2nd pair of grocery items was just plain tricky.

Range Game: In chat most of us thought it had to be Double Prices and that was what I was hoping for actually. Kathryn won, but she's lucky she won.

Interesting tidbit: Not one ultra quickie was played today. Go figure

Showcases: Wow!!!!!!!!! Way to go Kathryn, excellent bid. No garffing on that Corvette today. Boy, both of those showcases were very nice. A Vette? A 300? Something big must be coming up, I smell something big, and I'm going to keep that in mind in making out my FPG lineup. Fantastic way to end the show.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 03:01:32 PM »
Make Your Move---Well this was moderately difficult today.  Tough break for Charles.  Apparently I thought the same as Charles, but we were both wrong.

Punchboard---That ugly pink coffee maker strikes again (same one from Half Off), however Rachna was NOT tripped up on that one.  Her first 3 punches were $50, but her fourth punch was 20X that amount.  Not a bad consolation $1,000.

Lucky Seven---The Dodge Magnum was LOADED.  Yet Alisa won it.    $24,735 is somewhat difficult.

Shopping Spree---DAMN that ACCORDION!!  Roger obviously did NOT want this won today.  Tough break for Stella--I thought she had it.  Even Bob was shocked that Stella lost.  That DAMN accordion did NOT look $1595 to me.

Pass the Buck---the second GPs were HARD!  Yet Tara got a car and $3,000--Not too shabby.

IUFBs 6 : That DARN Lobster Tennis Machine!

Range Game---First contestant I've seen to rely on her friends instead of looking at the range finder.  That was a dangerous move on Katherine's part, but it paid off!  That was definitely a DOB stopper for today as Roger was shooting for a loss on this one.

Showcases: On Alisa's showcase--I'm disappointed in the peanut gallery making Alisa change her bid.  If Alisa bid $31,000, she would have been only $1,000 off.  Oh well...

That Corvette in the second showcase reminded me of the same one used on the Christmas Golden Road playing.  Katherine was able to nail it today with a great bid.  She won over $74,000 in prizes.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 03:05:35 PM »
Punch-a-bunch: It would have been hilarious if Rachna got a 4th $50, especially since there are only 10 on the Punchboard.  If it wasn't $50, I thought it would be $100, but I'm glad she ended up with $1000.

Lucky $even: I thought it was unusual it was played 3rd and for that I didn't mind seeing it played.  My guess was $24,645, so I only lost $3.

Shopping Spree:  I knew the refrigerator was the cheapest of the prizes and therefore would have won the game.

Range Game:  Again?  I was hoping for a more exciting last game.  Very lucky of Kathryn to win the game when she didn't look at the Rangefinder.

SC1  My Bid: $26,440 ARP: $32,945 Diff: $6505
SC2  My Bid: $40,880 ARP: $64,380 Diff: $23,500

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 03:23:33 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Make Your Move -- 2:26
Punch a Bunch -- 3:39
Lucky $even -- 1:54
Shopping Spree -- 1:53
Pass the Buck -- 2:46
Range Game -- 1:39

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 03:26:06 PM »
Today's show was pretty good.

I'm amazed that contestants have been playing Make Your Move with such speed.  I think Charles could have given more thought to the price of the sno cone maker, as $65 looked too steep.

It's good that Rachna won the $1,000 in Punch a Bunch today after getting a string of $50 slips.

It's a treat to see Lucky $even played third today, as it rarely deviates from the second slot.  I was starting to think Alisa would lose pretty quickly by lowballing on the second number, but she made a great comeback!

Stella was great to watch, and I really feel sorry for her for losing Shopping Spree, that accordion is evil!

I can't believe that Kathyrn was not looking at the rangefinder and still won by looking at her friends in the audience, she was playing dangerously there.

It's always exciting in the showcase to see A CORVETTE!!  I was suprised Kathryn not lowball on her showcase, those were both pretty good bids.

Also, it's great to see Marty Wagner get some camera time today, and I want to say Happy Birthday, Marty!
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 03:57:42 PM »
MYM: I had a Feeling Charles lost the second he put $65 on the sno-machine.

Punch-a-Bunch: Amzing that Rachna won $1000 after drawing 3 $50 slips in a row.

Lucky 7:  I thought Alisa would blow this after the second number, but nice recovery.

Shopping Apree: I would have avoided the accordian and lost.  That was evil.

Pass the buck: A nice win by Tara.

Range Game: How lucky for Kathryn to look at the audience and friends and still pull out a win.  That was disaster waiting to happen.

SC: A Corvette?!  WOW!  And I'm amazed Kathryn bid beautifully, considering many garf this severely.  

Overall: A very interesting show today.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 04:19:06 PM »
Make Your Move: I knew that snow cone maker was $28.

Punch-A-Bunch: Well there goes an historic moment of getting all 4 $50 slips but a $1,000 not bad.

Lucky Seven: Well Alisa pulled it off after a bit of a shaky start.

Shopping Spree: I would've selected the freezer too. Boy was that accordion evil!

Pass The Buck: The 2nd GP's were tricky. Luckily she got that car and $3,000.

Range Game: It's unbelievable to not look at the range finder yet at the same time stopping the DOB to pull out a win.

Showcases: I was with the peanut gallery there about Alisa's bid. Shame on all of us. I bid $61,000 on that showcase that Kathryn won which featured the Corvette. With a difference of $3,380.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 04:20:57 PM »
If there's anything I love about Make Your Move, it's that it's one game where they still get contestant reaction shots between each prize.

Speaking of Make Your Move, today's setup wasn't very easy.  There wasn't much difference between prices for any of the probable combinations, save for the sno cone maker.

Bob brought up a very interesting point in Punch a Bunch.  Has a contestant ever punched all four slips the same value?

I'll beat Steve to the punch.  There's nothing quite like a Lucky $even win.

Because Frank said it, I will echo in agreement that Shopping Spree was most certanily a forced loss.  When it came down to the accordian and the freezer, I figured the freezer wouldn't be expensive enough.  Guess I was right.

'Twas nice to see Tara go on after getting $3,000 to get the car in Pass the Buck, and even after picking number five.  Once she picked five, I thought it would have been "Lose Everything."

The first Showcase had a good theme, and unarguably one of the best finishing signs to a Showcase that I've seen in a while.  Might make a good avatar.  Hmmm...better wait until it'd no longer be considered "spoiler."

And Bob recognizing Marty's birthday was fantastic.  Marty's comment was hilarious. :lol:
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 07:41:18 PM »
Make Your Move: Ouch! I thought he had won that. I was surprised the snowmobile was so cheap.

Punch-a-Bunch: Small prizes easy, the board itself wasn't. I loved this playing, especially when Bob built up the dubious history!

IUFB3: What a moment for Bob!

Lucky Seven: Why has this game been so easy as of late? Was it because Bob's retiring this season?

IUFB4: A cameraman celebrates a birthday!

Shopping Spree: The contestant that surprised Bob got up on stage. Too bad she lost.

Pass the Buck: The second pair of items were HARD! At least they compensated for it by putting the car under #5, which is said to be a commonly chosen number. Big win here!

Range Game: I thought for sure Kathryn had lost this. What do I know.

Showcases: I wouldn't have felt too bad if Alicia had won, because she would win at least $60K. But it's even better for a $64,000+ CORVETTE showcase to be won on good bidding! Way to go Kathryn!!

Overall: I think this was the third best show of the season!

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 08:18:36 PM »
IUFB #1-Already a perfect bid and the day has just begun!  Interesting to see the 1st IUFB just barely a 4-digit price.  Usually it's $2000+.

Punch-a-Bunch-Awww, she didn't get 4 $50 slips in a row.  That would've been hilarious.  But at least she got $1000.

Before IUFB #3-LMAO, that was hilarious!  Bob talks to the woman, and then the woman comes down!  We have another Pathfinder Ann incident!

Lucky $even-Nice to see this slotted other than 2nd.  Now if it can just get in the 2nd half, that would be cool to see.

Shopping Spree-Wow, that was a pretty tough playing.  The accordion and the freezer both looked like the cheapest.

Pass the Buck-Winning $3000 and a car, that's great!

Range Game-The price was pretty low on the scale today.

Showcases-Wow, cars in both showcases with a Corvette in one!  And it was won!
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 08:34:40 PM »
Make your Move - Not played well. It looked like Charles didnt take enough time to figure out what prices he wanted.

Punchboard - 3 $50! Im glad she won alot more than $50!

Lucky Seven - That 7 saved her. Alisa deserved to win. She was quite the excited contestant.

Shopping Spree - I never thought that an accordian could be so expensive

Pass the Buck - Nice win +$3000

Range Game - It seemed to me that the price was put a bit too low in the rangefinder.

Showcases - I never saw that corvette coming!

My Bids: $32,000/$945 | $63,000/$1,380

Grade: 7.5/10

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 08:49:09 PM »
MYM: The price of the Snowmobile was killer!!

P-a-B: Rachna is HOT!!!! :-D If there was $50 in all four holes, that would've been just sad. Good thing for that $1K.

Before IUFB #3: That was a Priceless moment by all means necessary!!

Lucky 7: Alisa got an Impressive win after guessing the seven was the 3rd number.

Shopping: Damn that Accordion!! I was rooting for Sheila to go all the way!! :-(

PTB: Wonderful win.

Range: That took some guts for that win.

Showcases: HOT DAMN!! A Corvette in the 2nd showcase and it's WON!!! Kathryn made a wonderful bid and I'm glad Alisa showed true sportsmanship, too.

It's a 3.50 stars wonderful hour of laughs.