Author Topic: Introduction to Season 43 Recap Thread  (Read 7545 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Introduction to Season 43 Recap Thread
« on: September 12, 2014, 07:18:52 PM »

So, it's that time again. Time for another new season of The Price is Right. Things are mostly going to stay the same in terms of recap styles, minus the brand new header, which I won't preview until the 22nd. However, there are a couple things that will be changing.

I have gotten many complaints since Season 41 really to stop posting recaps before 2 PM EDT/EST on weekdays. This season, between my college schedule and these numerous complaints, I have decided to make that change. No recaps will be posted before 2 PM at all, nor will the placeholder threads. As for placeholder threads, the schedule I have this semester makes it obvious that there will not be recaps until the late evening on Wednesdays until December 16 or so. I have a nutsy Wednesday schedule with 3 classes and at least 1 meeting in the morning, afternoon and evening combined. All four other days will follow a pretty consistent schedule. 

A lot of people know my computer, "Rustbucket", has not had internet since August 30. Rustbucket is a computer running on Windows XP and when I moved into my dorm, apparently the college I attend refuses to allow computers with XP to use their internet anymore, so thanks to a dedicated member of this site and Golden-Road.net After Hours, I am getting a new Windows 8.1 computer, likely by Thursday (it is being shipped out tomorrow). Now, in case the postal service screws up or something leading into next week, understand that recaps will be up the day of until the computer is here. I also have a Time is Money template ready to go once we confirm the rules have changed or stayed close to the same in game play.

Remember that the rules of bashing other posters and/or contestants/producers/directors/host-announcers still applied. Be wise in your word choices when you post. Simple, if you don't think it should be said, don't say it. Also, please remember that videos and images should not be embedded in posts. Links will be sufficient for those due to people with slow display times. (copied from Season 42 thread) Let's have a good season, folks and I hope to see most of you on September 22.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Re: Introduction to Season 43 Recap Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 11:31:53 PM »
I just want to note, if you've been paying attention to my Recap Interruption Schedule, I'm going to have a hectic month of May. Things are busy around my undergraduate graduation (getting a BA in History) and the process of moving back. Also, in February, I was accepted to Western Illinois University in Macomb, IL for a graduate program starting in August 2015 and as of this month, I was accepted for an assistantship. Right now, this shouldn't affect me for Season 44, but we'll see when it comes. I am also in the middle of trying to finish last minute commitments with friends, so at least one of those OUT OF TOWNs are for that.

I apologize in advance for the rough month of May, it's at least 4 recaps and I know for a fact May 20, 2015 is up in the air because that's the day of commencement, which is in the evening, which is why I may be able to pull that off. Obviously, I do my best to produce a recap in a reasonable time period and when June comes around, things should settle down for the last stages of Season 43.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]