Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 9/30/2014  (Read 12218 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 9/30/2014
« on: September 30, 2014, 02:22:56 PM »
G-R Recap Test
Episode #6822K
Aired – 9/30/2014; Taped – 7/22/2014
Models: Amber Lancaster, Rachel Reynolds
Microphone Handoff: Amber
First Four Contestant Seating: Left to Right

First IUFB: Espresso Machine (Breville: 15-bar Italian pump espresso machine); ARP: $800 (Rachel)

COREY LAURA RAYMOND HALEY
200 700 550 555

The winner is...
LAURA

Laura is playing Coming or Going for a trip to Buenos Aires (RT Coach to Buenos Aires, AR for a 7n stay in a deluxe suite at the Palermo Tower + daily breakfast, one dinner, 90min tango lesson) (Amber).

8 2 4 9 4 2 8
COMING -or- GOING

Laura sets the price to:

8 2 4 9
COMING -or- GOING

ARP: $8,249. WIN

Second IUFB: Pair of iPads (Apple: 16GB iPad Airs with 9.7in displays, A7 chip and smartcovers); ARP: $1,076 (Overhead)

COREY YOLANDA RAYMOND HALEY
1230 1200 650 850

The winner is...
HALEY

Haley is playing Five Price Tags for a 2015 Mini Cooper Hardtop (1.5L engine, 6-speed MT, 16in alloy Victory spoke wheels, Bluetooth) (Rachel).

SP 1: Quesadilla Maker
$30
Guess: TRUE
$30
TRUE

SP 2: Aromatherapy Oil Diffuser
$75
Guess: FALSE
$75
TRUE

SP 3: Iron
$65
Guess: FALSE
$45
FALSE

SP 4: Blender
$100
Guess: TRUE
$190
FALSE

$21,595

$19,660

$20,479

$17,245

$18,350

$21,595

NO

$20,479

$17,245

$18,350

WIN!

NO

$20,479

$17,245

$18,350

WIN (Total Winnings: $21,670)

Third IUFB: Home Theatre System (harman/kardon: 3D player, 2 speakers, subwoofer, controller); ARP: $1,200 (Amber)

COREY YOLANDA RAYMOND ERIN
1 850 851 750

The winner is...
RAYMOND

Raymond is playing Double Cross for washer and dryer (LG: washer/dryer courtesy of Plessers.com) (Rachel) and a new television (Samsung: 60in LED HDTV) (Amber)

WASHER

WASHER

TELEVISION

TELEVISION

Raymond sets the screens to:

WASHER

WASHER

TELEVISION

TELEVISION

ARPs: $2,748 and $3,426. WIN

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Raymond $7,374 15 15 .30
Laura $9,049 60 STAY .60 *SHOWCASE*
Haley $22,746 30 80 1.10
OVER

Fourth IUFB: Designer Watches (TW: 4 pairs of his and her steel watches, 3 made of rose gold and 1 steel case); ARP: $1,875 (Amber)

COREY YOLANDA EDUARDO ERIN
2000 1 1200 1000

The winner is...
EDUARDO

Eduardo is playing BALANCE GAME for a new watercraft (Sea-Doo: Spark 3UP H2O Ace with an 899cc engine, intelligent transmission, convenience package, trailer) (Rachel).

Bags: $284, $2,000, $3,000, and $5,000

Drew places $284 on the the scale.

Eduardo places $3,000, $5,000: 8284

Amber places the bag on the scale...

$284
$3000
$5000
WATERCRAFT

ARP: 8284

WIN

Fifth IUFB: Recumbent Bike (Wireless heart rate monitoring, front-mount and side-mount handlebars); ARP: $1,599 (Rachel)

COREY YOLANDA MARY SUE ERIN
2500 1201 950 1200

The winner is...
YOLANDA

Yolanda is playing Let 'Em Roll for a 2014 Chevrolet Spark LS (1.2L engine, automatic CVT; ARP: $14,305) (Amber).

Yolanda will guess the prices of these items:

• Sudden Change Eye Serum
  • All Laundry Detergent
  • Luvsome Cat Food

The price of the serum is...
$10.25 * *
SERUM DETERGENT CAT FOOD
Yolanda guesses the detergent is less...
$10.25 $5.99 *
SERUM DETERGENT CAT FOOD
Yolanda guesses the cat food is more...
$10.25 $5.99 $4.99
SERUM DETERGENT CAT FOOD

Yolanda has 2 rolls.

Roll 1:

CAR
CAR

BAILOUT (Total Winnings: $4,000)

Welp, this doesn't surprise many people. Corey has been here all show making really bad bids (except for one painful over). So, the limo is ready to go with a trip to West Middleton, Indiana. Can Corey change his losing ways?

Sixth IUFB: Hammock (Hatteras Hammocks: Roman Arc design hammocks); ARP: $880 (Amber)

COREY SONY MARY SUE ERIN
7000 750 1200 755

The winner is...
ERIN

$7,000....yep. Erin is playing Shopping Spree for:

1. Computer (Samsung: 27in PC with 1TB HD, printer) (Amber)
  2. Designer Accessories (Kate Spade: Leather collection of snakeprint pumps, flats, shoulderbag and tote) (Amber)
  3. Foosball Table (Chrome-plated rods and cupholders with 4 balls) (Rachel)
  4. Motorscooter (Kymco: Compagno 110i) (Rachel)

Erin can win all four prizes if she spends $6,000 by picking three of the items.

Erin chooses the scooter.

$3,001
$6,000
$

$
$
COMPUTER
ACCESSORIES
$
$2,999
GAMETABLE
SCOOTER

Erin chooses the computer.
$1,001
$6,000
$

$2,000
$
COMPUTER
ACCESSORIES
$
$2,999
GAMETABLE
SCOOTER

Erin chooses the accessories.
WIN
$6,000
$

$2,000
$1,372
COMPUTER
ACCESSORIES
$
$2,999
GAMETABLE
SCOOTER

ARP of the Foosball Table: $590

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Yolanda $5,599 20 80 1.00 *$1,000*
Erin $7,841 50 65 1.10
OVER
Eduardo $10,159 60 40 1.00 *$1,000*

Bonus...

+
Contestant Winnings SpinResult
Yolanda $6,599 75
*SHOWCASE*
Eduardo $11,159 30

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Laura has the honors...

SC1 - Yolanda

INTO THE WILD ORANGE YONDER
  • Designer Sunglasses (Warby Parker: 10-piece set of unisex sunglasses) (Amber)
  • Trip to Istanbul (RT Coach to Istanbul, TK for a 6n stay in a double room at the Neorion Hotel + daily breakfast, 3hr walking tour) (George)
  • African Safari (RT Coach to Johannesburg, SA then onto a game reserve in Pilanesburg for a 6n stay in an executive sutie at the Shepherd's Tree Game Lodge + daily meals and safari package) (Rachel)
Bid: $20,000

SC2 - Laura

MOTHER QUEEN
  • Stainless Steel Kitchen (Gas Range, side-by-side fridge, dishwasher (Rachel); Le Creuset: 9-piece set of cookware) (Amber))
  • Trip to Portugal (RT Coach to Lisbon, POR then in a rental car to castle in Lisbon for 6n stay at a hotel + daily breakfast) (Amber)
  • 2014 Dodge Dart SE (2L engine, 6-speed MT, convenience group) (Rachel)
Bid: $26,000
Yolanda
$20,000
SAFARI
$24,654
$4,654
SAFARI
*WIN*
$31,253
Laura
$26,000
TRIP/DART
$31,378
$5,378
TRIP/DART

Results: 5 out of 6 (with 1 bailout)
Winnings: $89,422
Biggest Winner: Yolanda

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 09:30:06 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: TPiR Recap - 9/30/2014
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 02:24:54 PM »
Why, Corey?  Just...why?

I can't blame Yolanda for taking the $4,000, but it's too bad that that ruined a perfect show.

I wonder what the pricing discrepancy was that was mentioned in the credits...anyone have any idea?

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 02:29:19 PM »
CoG: I would've lost w/ the Going price.

5PT & DC: Fairly easy.

Balance: I would've middled out.

LeR: Given a $14K+ car was on offer, I understand Verniece's bailout.

SS: No games really lost today!

Good show today.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 02:34:34 PM »
What really bugs me about individuals like Corey is that they're taking a spot away from someone who would try to win and might be an outstanding contestant. While I don't want every contestant to be stone faced, nor do I want to see people who are only there to fool around.

Corey notwithstanding, this was a good show, with a $1000 tie on the wheel as well.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 02:43:53 PM »
My two cents:

Coming or Going: That was tricky, but she got it.
Five Price Tags: Great win!
Double Cross: Another good win.
Balance Game: Same here.
Let 'em Roll: Can't blame her for bailing out. $4K is quite a great deal of money in this game.
Shopping Spree: Another good win!

5.5/6. I'll consider this the first "lossless" show of the season.

Showcases: Although I'm not a trip person, I didn't care much for the Dart (one of the few cars that is no better than any trip). I prefer the Into the Wild Orange Yonder Showcase with the African Safari.

As for the pricing discrepancy, I can't quite put my finger on it, and frankly, since it didn't affect any outcome, t don't even want to.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »
Did you see how quickly Laura said "pass" on the 1st showcase? While an African safari does sound like fun, I wouldn't want to go to Turkey and Johannesburg for safety reasons. (Though she probably just wanted a car.)

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 03:21:21 PM »

I wonder what the pricing discrepancy was that was mentioned in the credits...anyone have any idea?

Since the message said it didn't affect any pricing game , it was probably the Car Price in Let Them Roll

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 03:35:42 PM »
Since the message said it didn't affect any pricing game , it was probably the Car Price in Let Them Roll

The Spark has been $14,305 in the past with a basic package. Perhaps it was the price of one of the SPs or GPs.

Corey must have thought The Price Is Right was open mic night. Needless to say, I haven't been that pleased to see a contestant not leave the row in a while. He should probably consider a new career, one in which we never have to hear him again.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 04:03:54 PM »
Did you see how quickly Laura said "pass" on the 1st showcase? While an African safari does sound like fun, I wouldn't want to go to Turkey and Johannesburg for safety reasons. (Though she probably just wanted a car.)

Sorry, but this to me is an ignorant statement.  I've been to Istanbul numerous times and never had an issue, including several trips "off the beaten path" from the usual tourist spots.  It has its bad parts, sure, but on the whole is no more or less dangerous than any other big city.

As for Jo-berg... yes, it has a reputation for crime, but the game preserves where it sounds like most of the trip would be spent are far away from the city itself, and are EXTREMELY luxurious.  The most you'd see of the city itself is the airport, and as long as you use common sense and don't flash lots of cash and jewelry around, you'll get in and out of there just fine.

There's always inherent risk involved in traveling anywhere, including to a lot of crime-ridden cities in the US that the show also offers trips to (New Orleans, Las Vegas, Chicago).  Let's be fair.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 04:16:29 PM »
Sorry, but this to me is an ignorant statement.  I've been to Istanbul numerous times and never had an issue, including several trips "off the beaten path" from the usual tourist spots.  It has its bad parts, sure, but on the whole is no more or less dangerous than any other big city.

As for Jo-berg... yes, it has a reputation for crime, but the game preserves where it sounds like most of the trip would be spent are far away from the city itself, and are EXTREMELY luxurious.  The most you'd see of the city itself is the airport, and as long as you use common sense and don't flash lots of cash and jewelry around, you'll get in and out of there just fine.

There's always inherent risk involved in traveling anywhere, including to a lot of crime-ridden cities in the US that the show also offers trips to (New Orleans, Las Vegas, Chicago).  Let's be fair.

Also, you're going in a rental car to Pilanesburg (a 3 hour drive), not staying in Johannesburg.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
You know, this was a really, really interesting show. The good news about this show is that at least five games were won, including a fantastic win in Five Price Tags, in addition to getting TWO $1.00 wins on the wheel. We were also treated to one uncommon prize in a showcase—an African safari. The bad news, unfortunately, is that Let 'Em Roll showed up, spoiling the chances of our first perfect show of Season 43. Why couldn't we have Pass the Buck (which can easily be won) or Stack the Deck (even though it would have taken a great playing to achieve a perfect show)? And Corey...he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I mean, while a couple of his bids were reasonable, there was no excuse for bidding $7,000 on a hammock.

So, this show was like a mixture of good and bad. It's better that there was more good (wins/cool prizes/good players), than so-so or bad (partial wins/losses/bad bids). Hopefully, it won't be too long before we actually get our first perfect show.
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 04:24:23 PM »
The Spark has been $14,305 in the past with a basic package. Perhaps it was the price of one of the SPs or GPs.

The price of the Car in LER does not effect gameplay, but the price of the SPs in Tags/GPs in Roll absolutely does effect gameplay, so that can't be it.

He should probably consider a new career, one in which we never have to hear him again.

...Is this necessary?

Spoiler: No.

As big as Istanbul is it is one of the safest cities (relative to its size) in the world. As far as Johannesburg is concerned, you would not be staying in the city itself, but at a different one as Adam mentioned. That being said, sure there is the chance of bodily harm or injury - but the same can be said about any trip anywhere. Can't let fear stop someone from enjoying their life, and it's not like they're taking a trip to North Korea.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 04:31:20 PM »
Like I mentioned in the chat, my guess is that Corey is an aspiring actor/comedian who thought he was pulling an Aaron Paul and getting "exposure." The difference is, while Aaron acted loud and over-the-top in his appearance, he still showed interest in actually playing the game.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 04:34:55 PM »
THE BAD NEWS:

Nothing, really. Yeah, no. Contestants never deserve to be smacked upside the head for perceived "bad" bidding. He could have simply been nervous in front of a national audience. It happens.

THE NOT-SO-BAD NEWS:

Let 'Em Roll: I'm glad Yolanda bailed out with the $4K because:

1. I don't think she had a good enough chance to get the rest of the dice to say "car" and I believe she knew that, too.
2. $4000 is a good amount of money. And she also got another grand on the wheel, too.
3. She was playing for a Spark.

Glad she won that Safari SC!

Agreed. That's like saying, "I don't wanna go to New Orleans because there's too much crime." Or "I don't wanna go to California because it's liable to have earthquakes." Or "I don't wanna to go to Florida because I might get caught in a hurricane."  Or "I don't wanna go to Detriot because.........it's Detroit." (Just kidding. And no offense.  :P) Just because one city/country has a bad reputation doesn't mean it isn't a good place to visit and enjoy yourself. It's all about taking safety precautions when you travel practically anywhere in the world.

THE GOOD NEWS:

Coming Or Going: It may looked tricky, but it sure was a cinch. Good job on Laura!

5PT: Well, at least she didn't have "The Falsies".........Although, it looks like the blender might be the soda maker of S43 and it could trick some people later on down the road for this season. Good thing for Haley to pick the top tag.

DX: Now Raymond can put that home theater system to good use with that TV. And he also got the W/D, too.

Balance Game: Eduardo did good on that one.

Shopping Spree: They couldn't make it any more if they tried.................Nice job by Erin!

THE BOTTOM LINE:

This was actually a pretty awesome show.......And we came so close to the first perfect one of this season, too. I was pretty surprised on how easy almost all the games were........Roll seemed to be a "flip of the coin" scenario, though. Nevertheless, I'd rather have Roll than Stack any day.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 04:56:43 PM by therealcu2010 »

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 05:25:26 PM »
Here's the thing about Corey. He started out with a comedic sounding answer. I don't know if he was being truly genuine in his bid by emulating his grandmother, but that was forgivable. He gave four solid bids following that first one bid (and that bid wasn't that bad). They were good bids too. One that could've easily gotten him on stage if the price were right. Then we get to the last bid. I don't know what he was thinking, but that was just terrible. Absolutely terrible. He should be ashamed. He gave a terrible bid and was questioned on it by both Drew and his fellow rowmates and still repeated the same terrible bid. I don't know if he gave up at the end, but that was just a bad decision all around. Someone was officially deprived of a bid because you decided to not give a serious bid and you potentially cost yourself four nice prizes.

Great show all-around. I liked every single contestant who played a game. All likable.

So great to see Tags, so nice to see a contestant who says True at least once. Holy cow, does that blender not look like it's worth $190. I think we've found our new evil SP of the season. Pathfinder? Check. 1/2 Off? Check. Punch-A-Bunch? Check. Bonus Game? Check. Shell Game? Check. Obviously it won't work in Key, Cliff, Bee, and Roo, but it might be helpful in Rat Race. Go figure.

Yeah, the Price Gods weren't with us for Let 'Em Roll. I mean, the 3rd GP was evil and then it wasn't. I mean it was a large bag of cat food, but it's cat food, which is why my initial reaction was to say Lower. Then I over thought it and said higher simply because I thought it'd be evil if it were higher. Not the other way around. In any case, she couldn't get those five dice to roll her way and she ended up with quite a large amount of money in this game. Given that she was only playing for a Spark, I absolutely can not blame her for bailing. It made sense.

I was disappointed. I was really hoping when I saw the RGC during the IUFB that the game was Hole in One, especially when I saw the car. I want to see if Adam finally fixed his horrid directing of the game. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.