Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 1/26/2015  (Read 15554 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 1/26/2015
« on: January 26, 2015, 02:00:23 PM »
G-R Recap Test
Episode #6981K
Aired – 1/26/2015; Taped – 11/11/2014
Models: Amber Lancaster, Melissa Ordway
Microphone Handoff: Amber
First Four Contestant Seating: Left to Right

First IUFB: Air Hockey Table (7ft table + Accessory package); ARP: $1,000 (Melissa)

JANIE AARON SUZANNE WILLIAM
650 600 1250 1251

The winner is...
JANIE

Janie is playing Do The Math for a desktop computer (27in desktop with 16GB RAM, 1TB HD, speaker system) (Amber) and designer accessories (Alexander McQueen: Handbag, clutch, pumps) (Melissa).

± $1,023 =
COMPUTER
ACCESSORIES
Janies believes it is
- $1,023 =
COMPUTER
ACCESSORIES
- $1,023 =
$2,112
$3,135
X

LOSS

Second IUFB: Espresso Package (Breville: Espresso machine with 15-bar pump, burr grinder, 2 stonewear cups and saucers); ARP: $840 (Melissa)

RUTH AARON SUZANNE WILLIAM
525 585 430 600

The winner is...
WILLIAM

William is playing LUCKY $EVEN for 2015 Ford Fusion S (2.5L engine, 6-speed AT, rear view camera, paint/fabric protection, all-weather floor mats) (Amber).

First number is...

$

Remaining: $7

Guess: 4

$

Remaining: $6

Guess: 5

$

Remaining: $3

Guess: 6

$

Remaining: $0

LOSS. ARP was:

$

Third IUFB: The Price is Right Jewelry Box: Alberian and Aulde: Sterling silver necklace with black rhodium finish, hoop earings with 2c of blue topaz; ARP: $1,210 (Melissa and Rachel)

RUTH AARON SUZANNE LYNNE
450 750 755 728

The winner is...
SUZANNE

Suzanne is playing Time is Money for a chance to win $20,000 in cash!

The grocery items today:

1. Milk-Bone Biscuits
  2. Cracker Jack
  3. Spot Shot Pet
  4. Raspberry Fig Bars
  5. Tru Moo Milk
CRACKERS
MILK
DOG FOOD
FIG BARS
REMOVER
$0-$2.99
$3-$5.99
$6 & ▲
$20,000

Is she right? WIN

ARP of the Milk: $1.19; ARP of the Cracker Jack: $2.29; ARP of the Fig Bars: $4.59; ARP of the biscuits: $4.99; ARP of the remover: $6.99

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
William $840 15 35 .50
Janie $1,000 15 80 .95
Suzanne $21,210 95 STAY .95 *OVERTIME*

Bonus...

Contestant Winnings Spin Result
Janie $1,000 50
*SHOWCASE*
Suzanne $21,210 20

Fourth IUFB: Hammock (Hatteras Hammocks: Large quilted fabric hammock); ARP: $785 (Melissa)

RUTH AARON MARC LYNNE
850 851 740 800

The winner is...
MARC

Marc is playing Flip Flop for an outdoor kitchen island (Summerset Outdoor Living: 7ft kitchen island with raised bar, gas grill, fridge, umbrella) (Amber)

95 94

Marc FLIP FLOPS to

59 49

ARP be...

59 49

WIN

Fifth IUFB: Television (Pair of 46in LED HDTVs with twice the resolution and wide color enhancer plus); ARP: $1,900 (Amber)

RUTH AARON MARGARIDA LYNNE
1000 1200 1800 700

The winner is...
MARGARIDA

Margarida is playing That's Too Much for a 2015 Dodge Journey SE (2.4L engine, 4-speed AT, FWD, paint/fabric protection) (Melissa).

$19,004
$20,442
$21,891
$23,274
$24,750
$ $ $
$ $ $
$ $ $
$ $ $
$ $ $
ARP:
$21,496
LOSS
$19,004
$20,442
$21,891
$23,274
$24,750
$ $ $
$ $ $
$ $ $
$ $ $
$ $ $

Well, Aaron is still here on this interesting show thus far. Can he escape or is he getting the all-expensives paid trip to Town of Pines, Indiana?

Sixth IUFB: Designer Sunglasses (Spy: 3-pair his and her Sporty custombuilt collection); ARP: $610 (Overhead)

RUTH AARON MICHAEL LYNNE
950 951 900 725
500 501 671 498

The winner is...
AARON

Aaron escapes and is playing Bonus Game for a trip to Aruba (RT Coach to Aruba a for a 6n stay in 1 -bedroom villa the Divi Golf and Beach Resort + daily breakfast; ARP: $9,156) (Amber).

First prize: hand Mixer
Price: $60
Guess: Lower
ARP: $33 (Correct)

Second prize: Digital Oven
Price: $99
Guess: Higher
ARP: $150 (Correct)

Third prize: Wine Opener
Price: $27
Guess: Higher
ARP: $43 (Correct)

Fourth prize: Oil Diffuser
Price: $55
Guess: Lower
ARP: $75 (Wrong)

$33
LOWER

$150
HIGHER

$43
LOWER
BONUS!

WIN (Total Winnings: $9,382)

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Magarida $1,900 65 STAY .65 *SHOWCASE*
Marc $6,734 40 75 1.15
OVER
Aaron $9,992 45 60 1.05
OVER

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Margarida has the honors...

SC1 - Margarida

HUGE SWEET TOOTH
  • Year's Supply of Desserts (Fairytale Brownies: Belgian dark chocolate brownies, etc x12/yr) (Amber)
  • Trip to Italy (RT Coach to Rome, IT for a 6n stay at the Hotel Atlante Garden + walking food tour with 12 delicious tastings) (Melissa)
  • 2015 Mini Cooper Hardtop (1.5L engine, 6-speed AT, fully electronic throttle) (Amber)
Bid: $28,200

SC2 - Janie

BUTTER ME UP, SCOTTY
  • Trip to Maine (RT Coach to Bar Harbor, ME for a 6n stay in a waterfront room at the Tidewater Motel + cruise around Penobscot Bay, breakfust, lunch, dinner) (Melissa)
  • Trip to Charleston (RT Coach to Charleston, SC for a 6n stay in a delue room at the Belmond Charleston Place + half-day culinary tour of Upper King Street district) (Melissa)
  • Party Boat (Sun Tracker: 16ft PB-16 DLX with 20HP motor, trailer) (Amber)
Bid: $32,000
Margarida
$28,200
ITALY/CAR
$37,742
$9,542
ITALY/CAR
*WIN*
$39,642
Janie
$32,000
PARTY BOAT
$30,792
PARTY BOAT

So, it's worth bringing this up. The ninth contestant called on down, Michael Manos, is our own DJTorgo! Apparently, the original 9th contestant was deemed ineligible for being on the show just short of 10 years due to the idea of 10 years since tape date, not 10 years since air date. As a result of the massive stopdown that continued, DJTorgo was called on down. Congrats are in order to DJTorgo for getting an honor many of wish we had the chance to have.

Results: 3 out of 6
Winnings: $79,418
Biggest Winner: Margarida

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

If anyone appears on the show and has their airdate, feel free to PM me in advance so I can make a note in the recap. Once again, congrats to DJTorgo!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 02:39:04 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: TPiR Recap - 1/26/2015
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 02:12:16 PM »
Pretty good show featuring the great TIM win and of course Torgo being called on down. But what a nasty L7 price.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 02:13:31 PM »
Do The Math: I apparently said + and disagreed with Janie. 

Lucky Seven: This was a FORCED LOSS.  $23,239?!!  I wanted William to win that car.  I thought that was really loaded.  2 2s and 2 3s in the car price plus a 9 at the end=ugh.

Time Is Money: UNBELIEVABLE!!!!  I was so happy Suzanne won the $20,000.  This setup was NASTY!  I had a feeling the spot remover was the most expensive and the milk had to go to the cheapest podium.  The rest...good f___ng luck!!!  I pegged the bars at the $6 plus mark, the cracker jack at the $3.00 and up.  Shows how much I know. 

Flip Flop: I think the audience saved Marc's bacon here.  Me, I lost because I said FLIP FLOP.  That was a tossup.  The flip was obvious, the flop was 50-50.
Roadgeek Adam, the acutal price is $5994.  Marc guessed $5994.

That's Too Much: THAT'S TOO FAR!!!!    I had a feeling Margarida went too far.  Not that I did any better I stopped at price 4.

Bonus Game: Those last two SPs were tricky.  I was amazed Aaron got the Wine Opener right---I said LOWER.  We both said LOWER for the last SP.  Didn't matter, Aaron won anyway!  Me I would have lost.  I loved what Aaron did during his victory onstage afterwards.

Showcases: I did not expect the Italy trip to be that pricey.  I thought Margarida was right on her bid.  Too bad for Janie...I thought she was close too.

I fixed the various font issues here. Don't abuse bolding, please.

- Adam
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 02:37:37 PM by Roadgeek Adam »

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 02:17:35 PM »
My two cents:

Do the Math: Tough break. 'Nuff said.
Lucky Seven: Okay setup (despite the 2nd 2 and the 2nd 3 (the first 2 and the first 3 don't count, since the first 2 was the first number, and the 2nd number is usually easy to guess)), but tough break. 'Nuff said.
Time is Money: WOW! The first full $20,000 winner! And I never expected the clangs and whoops to signal a $20,000 win.
Flip-Flop: Good win.
That's Too Much: Well, there goes the streak of losses by one.
Bonus Game: Almost a total sweep in this game. But great win, anyway!

Showcases: The Showcase with the year's worth of desserts was the superior Showcase, and it's great to see Margarida redeem herself and win an automobile far superior to the one she did not win (a Mini-Cooper)!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 02:20:57 PM by Swingbatta0 »
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Cephas

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 02:20:07 PM »
That was certainly a fortunate turn of events to come on down. And kudos for making the obligatory $671 bid, Torgo :-)

I wonder why the audience was silent after the full TiM win? I thought they would explode after that win...

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 02:20:47 PM »
One: This was a lot better than the one from last week.
Two: Congrats to Torgo for being able to come on down...however, my avatar pretty much says it all in regards of the last game, which I will get to later.

THE BAD NEWS:

Do The Math: Yeah, just the gold pumps alone looked expensive. Too bad Janie didn't have a good B-day when she lost that and went over on her FRBS. In hindsight, Temptation would've been a good idea. Well, at least she got a air hockey table.

Lucky Seven: Is this game suffering from SNK Boss Syndrome or something? It's getting to be really difficult to win, as of late...and that price for the Fusion didn't help much, either.

That's Too Much: When Margarida had to play that for a Journey, I knew it was already over. I'm more happy she won the clown car Mini Cooper instead.

THE GOOD NEWS:

Flip Flop: Easy win for Marc!

Bonus Game: Why didn't Torgo take out the $71 so he would be able to play this?! He would've gotten all those right and he would've gone to Aruba!  :P At least he got into Contestant's Row. Oh well, nice job by Aaron.

Time Is Money: Well, here's the "historic moment" that Torgo was mentioning...it's about time someone like Suzanne got them right on the first try! I'm more happy that she didn't have to run for the second time.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

Torgo's 2nd show was 1000X better than that skunk-fest. Again, many congrats for being on the show!

An ellipsis is three periods. Not four. Not five. Not six. Not seven. THREE. And only three. ~Prizes
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:54:48 PM by Prizes »

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 02:22:41 PM »
That makes two members of Team Work to have come on down. Here's hoping the other two members (SuperSweeper and myself) also make an appearance. Congrats, Torgo!
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 02:26:35 PM »
That's Too Much: When Margarida had to play that for a Journey, I knew it was already over.
Again, a Dodge Journey was just as likely to be won/lost as any other automobile in That's Too Much. She didn't lose because the car was a Dodge Journey. She lost because she went too far.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 02:33:44 PM by Swingbatta0 »
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 02:48:36 PM »
It was also really cool to see the lights on the big doors themselves (at least Door #1 and the left half of Door #2) flash green and teal-ish with the Time I$ Møney win. That was pretty cool, along with the clangs and whoops.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 02:51:14 PM »
I had thought the "Historic Moment" would have been something far more notable than Time Is Money being won for the full $20,000...and something that would have at least gotten a reaction from the audience when it happened! That portion appeared to have been edited, or possibly even reshot, as neither Drew nor the contestant (nor, it appears, the audience) reacted when the "big win" sirens began playing.

Apparently, the original 9th contestant was deemed ineligible for being on the show just short of 10 years due to the idea of 10 years since tape date, not 10 years since air date. As a result of the massive stopdown that continued,
I am a bit confused at this -- the rule is "10 years after tapedate"?

The ninth contestant called on down, Michael Manos, is our own DJTorgo!
Evidently, the hands of fate thought it wise to call him down but better to keep him in Contestant's Row. Enjoy your $300, at least. :-)
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 02:53:22 PM »
The rule is 10 years from air date. 10 years from tape date was her issue.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 02:54:25 PM »
Evidently, the hands of fate thought it wise to call him down but better to keep him in Contestant's Row. Enjoy your $300, at least. :-)
A small part of me wanted to do a Manos: Hands Of Fate joke in regards of his last name, but I thought that would've been too easy.  :P
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:00:43 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 02:59:56 PM »
The Time is Money win was awesome to watch, Suzanne played it brilliantly!  And congrats Torgo on earning your gold star!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 03:32:29 PM »
Do the Math: I definitely would have lost as well. When I see 27 inches, 16 RAM, and a terabyte hard drive I expect such a computer to be a more expensive. A computer with those specs is a outstanding prize but the accessories certainly aren't my thing. Too bad to start with a loss.
Lucky $even:

It's a shame the Ford fusion wasn't won. This was a tough setup as the price included no middle numbers. So far so bad but........

Time is Money! Clearly the best part of today's show. To a see a $20,00O win on Time is Money was totally awesome baby! And I LOVED the way the squares on the doors flashed green for the full win. I think this was setup for a lot of money to be won as only the dog biscuits seemed to have any question about them. The other 4 items were obvious for what podium they went with. Congratulations to today's contestant on becoming our first ever $20000 Time is Money winner! :)

Flip Flop: Good win of a very nice outdoor kitchen island. Clearly setup to be flipped but the flop can of course go either way on this one. Glad it was won.

That's Too Much: Too bad the Dodge Journey wasn't won. I would have lost by stopping at $23274 as I thought it would be in the $23000 range. Tricky setup here. Those TVs were a fantastic contestant's row prize though so between that and winning the Mini Cooper showcase today's contestant still had a great day.

Bonus Game: Nice win of a wonderful Aruba trip. Those pictures of Aruba were beautiful.

Showcases: The Mini Cooper showcase was definitely the better showcase and I'm thrilled it was won.

Lineup: Pretty good. Do the Math is a favorite and a fun lead off hitter. Time is Money is a huge favorite. And Lucky $even and Bonus Game are favorites. I'm not crazy about Bonus Game as a closer because of its letdown potential but I love the game itself. I'd have flip flopped the lead off hitter and closer today as Bonus Game as a strong lead off hitter and Do the Math is a fun closer. Flip Flop is an enjoyable game. That's Too Much is our dullest car game but does slot well 5th. Overall a pretty good lineup.

Overall: Much better than any of last week's shows.  3 for 6 with a Mini Cooper showcase won, a pretty good lineup, and that awesome Time is Money segment with the historic full win and the flashing green squares on the doors for the full win made this is a very good and very enjoyable show.

"round of applause for today's Time is Money contestant."! :)
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 03:40:23 PM »
I knew the $20K was going to be won on TiM sooner or later & how nice that it happened on my birthday! Too bad none of today's three PG winners got to the Showcases.