Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 4/13/2015 (TPiR Season 43 Couples Week - Day 1: Blind Date)  (Read 9524 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
G-R Recap Test
Episode #7111K (TPiR Season 43 Couples' Week - Day I: Blind Date)
Aired – 4/13/2015; Taped – 3/19/2015
Models: Amber Lancaster, James O'Halloran, Rachel Reynolds
Microphone Handoff: Rachel
First Eight Contestant Seating: Left to Right

This episode is a bunch of blind dates put together by Match.com. They first meet on the call down.

First IUFB: Pair of Tablets and Headphones (16GB Tablet and noise-cancelling headphones courtesy of retailmenot.com); ARP: $1,660 (James and Amber)

KARLEIGH / ALEXANDER JAWANA / SPENCER HEIDI / MICHAEL BRITTNEY / MICHAEL
1250 1000 1275 1

The winner is...
HEIDI/
MICHAEL

Heidi and Michael are playing Do The Math for a 2015 Fiat 500 Pop (1.4L engine, 5-speed MT) (Amber) and a 2015 Toyota Yaris L (1.5L engine, 4-speed AT, FWD, carpeted floor mats, carpeted cargo mat, navigation package, paint/fabric protection) (Rachel).

± $953 =
FIAT
YARIS
They believe it is
- $953 =
FIAT
YARIS
- $953 =
$17,495
$18,448
X

LOSS

Second IUFB: Pair of Surfboards (Greco: 7ft longboards with shaped rails); ARP: $700 (James)

KARLEIGH / ALEXANDER JAWANA / SPENCER CANDACE / THANOS BRITTNEY / MICHAEL
1301 1 1250 1300

The winner is...
JAWANA/
SPENCER

Jawana and Spencer are playing SQUEEZE PLAY for a trip to Costa Rica (RT Coach for 4 to Liberia, CR then to Playa Flamingo for a 6n all-inclusive stay in two separate rooms at the Flamingo Beach Resort and Spa + roundtrip airport transfer) (Amber).

The 6, 3, 5 and 1 is incorrect.

1 6 3 5 1 0

They remove the 3...

$ 1 6 5 1 0
$13510

LOSS

Third IUFB: Pair of Cameras (20.2MP cameras courtesy of buydig.com); ARP: $1,596 (Overhead)

KARLEIGH / ALEXANDER STACEY / KEVIN CANDACE / THANOS BRITTNEY / MICHAEL
972 950 600 951

The winner is...
KARLEIGH/
ALEXANDER

Karleigh and Alexander are playing SECRET X for a chance to win a pair of motorscooters (Kymco: Campagno 110I with 112cc engine, CVT AT; ARP: $5,998) (James and Rachel) .

They place the free X...

The small prizes are:

1. Hair Dryer (Amber)
  2. Portable Heater

?

?

X
?

$49
$67
Hair Dryer

$49
$67
$49

?
X

?

X
?

$90
$129
PORTABLE HEATER

$90
$129
$129

?
X

?

X
?

The secret X is revealed...

X

X

WIN (Total Winnings: $6,047)

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Jawana & Spencer $700 40 65 1.05
OVER
Heidi & Michael $1,660 90 STAY .90 *SHOWCASE*
Karleigh & Alexander $7,643 35 45 .80

Fourth IUFB: Pair of Designer Watches (Blumlux with 18ct gold-plated timepieces with Swarvoski crystals and men's watch with .62ct diamonds); ARP: $1,735 (James)

CAMIE / THOMAS STACEY / KEVIN CANDACE / THANOS BRITTNEY / MICHAEL
1200 2750 1500 2800

The winner is...
CANDACE /
THANOS

Candace and Thanos are playing Shopping Spree for designer sunglasses (Ray-Ban: 4-pairs of unisex sunglasses) (Amber), fridge (French-doorfridge with smart cooling technmology courtesy of Plessers.com) (Amber), chair and ottoman (Carolinachair.com: Leather suede chair and ottoman) (Rachel), television (55in 3D 4K LED HDTV with 2 pairs of glasses) (Rachel).

They can win all four prizes if they spends $7,000 by picking three of the items.

They choose the television.

$4000
$7,000
$

$
$
SUNGLASSES
FRIDGE
$
$3,000
CHAIR
TELEVISION

They choose the fridge.
$1471
$7,000
$

$
$2,529
SUNGLASSES
FRIDGE
$
$3,000
CHAIR
TELEVISION

They choose the chair and ottoman.
WIN
$7,000
$

$
$2,529
SUNGLASSES
FRIDGE
$1,515
$3,000
CHAIR
TELEVISION

ARP of the sunglasses: $935.

Fifth IUFB: The Price is Right Look of the Week: Date ight: button down shirt, pocket jeans, cleather wingtips james, silk sun dress, wooden sandals, leather Marc by Marc Jacobs satchel; ARP: $2,739 (Rachel and James)

CAMIE / THOMAS STACEY / KEVIN DARLENE / XAVIER BRITTNEY / MICHAEL
2000 776 1200 775

The winner is...
CAMIE /
THOMAS

Camie and Thomas are playing That's Too Much for a pair of 2015 Hyundai Accent GS (1.6L engine, 6-speed AT, FWD) (Rachel and James).

$29,350
$30,500
$31,872
$33,230
$34,651
$ $ $
$ $ $
$ $ $
$ $ $
$ $ $
ARP:
$34,040
WIN

Well, here we go. The double-wide is forced to make an appearance and it's sponsored by eharmony.com today. Will Brittney and Michael escape or are they heading together to Westchester, Illinois?

Sixth IUFB: Ping Pong Table and Foosball Table (Foosball table with oak exterior and triple chrome plated rods; Butterfly: Playback Rollaway + accessories); ARP: $1,580 (Rachel v. James v. Amber)

BAILEY / PHILLIP STACEY / KEVIN DARLENE / XAVIER BRITTNEY / MICHAEL
1350 1099 1100 1351

The winner is...
BRITTNEY /
MICHAEL

Brittney and Michael escape and are playing Grand Game for a chance to win up to $10,000!

The target price is...

$4.50

Brittney and Michael start out at $1.00:

$1.00

The items are:

• Cheez-It Crackers
  • Hello Mint Freshening Spray
  • Dark Chocolate Pudding
  • Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle
  • Best Foods Mayo
  • Sudden Change Under-Eye Firming Serum

Pick 1: Pudding

99¢
$10.00

Pick 2: Breath Spray

$3.79
$100.00

Pick 3: Crackers

$4.99
$100.00

ARP of the Mr. Clean: $3.99; ARP of the mayo: $2.79; ARP of the serum: $10.25

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Brittney & Michael $1,680 70 STAY .70
Candace & Thanos $9,714 40 80 1.20
OVER
Camie & Thomas $36,779 60 15 .75 *SHOWCASE*

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Camie & Thomas have the honors...

SC1 - Heidi & Michael

THE LOVE CONNECTION SHOWCASE
  • Pair of iPhones (Apple: 16GB iPhone 6s with 4.7in display, fingerprint sensor) (Amber)
  • Pair of 2015 Chevrolet Spark LS (1.2L EcoTech engine, CVT, FWD, OnStar, paint/fabirc protection) (James and Rachel)
Bid: $31,000

SC2 - Camie & Thomas

THE LEFTOVER MATCHING SHOWCASE
  • Trip to Napa Valley (RT Coach to San Francisco, CA then to Napa Valely for a 5n stay in two separate bedroom sutie at the Eurospa and inn + 2 $360 spa credits, daily continental breakfast) (Rachel)
  • Designer Luggage (Traveler's Club: His and her luggage with 6-cases 4-wheel systems) (Amber)
  • Trip to New Zealand (RT Coach for 4 to Auckland, NZ for a 6n stay in stwo separate classic rooms at a luxury hotel near K-Road and walking distance of attractions) (James)
Bid: $28,000
Heidi & Michael
$31,000
CARS
$30,970
CARS
Camie & Thomas
$28,000
TRIPS
$28,477
$477
TRIPS
*WIN*
$65,256

Results: 3 out of 6
Winnings: $86,653
Biggest Winner: Camie & Thomas

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:14:35 AM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR Recap - 4/13/2015
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 02:24:17 PM »
Not to nitpick, but, shouldn't Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Connor been special guest models for the New Zealand showcase ???

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
I hope I'm not in the minority by saying this but I thought today's show was very well executed. The prizes seemed like they were carefully picked for the theme of the show and it's always a surprise to see two cars hiding behind one of the big doors.

Online TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
Wacky Show today.
We got out 1st playing of Do the Math for a Car ever.
A 5-Digit playing of Squeeze Play.
That's Too Much being won for two Cars.
Piggybacking Wheel Spins.
The only thing that was missing was Drew Joking about the Contestant named Thanos ( Marvel Villain ) 

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
I hope I'm not in the minority by saying this but I thought today's show was very well executed. The prizes seemed like they were carefully picked for the theme of the show and it's always a surprise to see two cars hiding behind one of the big doors.

I would agree with that, with the exception of Shopping Spree - the only prize that splits nicely there would be the Ray-Bans. Unless you know of a way for two random people to share one fridge, one chair, and one TV, that is.

However, I would also add that (at least in my own opinion) there was no good reason not to bump Grand Game up to $20,000. They doubled up the cars, doubled the number of people on the trips, paired off everything else, but they couldn't see their way clear to double the cash where each player can have their own $10,000? It ends up a moot point anyway, since Grand was lost, but it just seems very awkward for each player to receive less playing together than they would playing alone on any other day.

Still, it was very nice to see Math for cars, and TTM for two cars actually being WON. I had a lot of apprehension about this episode, but it actually turned out to be not too bad.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
I would agree with that, with the exception of Shopping Spree - the only prize that splits nicely there would be the Ray-Bans. Unless you know of a way for two random people to share one fridge, one chair, and one TV, that is.

However, I would also add that (at least in my own opinion) there was no good reason not to bump Grand Game up to $20,000. They doubled up the cars, doubled the number of people on the trips, paired off everything else, but they couldn't see their way clear to double the cash where each player can have their own $10,000? It ends up a moot point anyway, since Grand was lost, but it just seems very awkward for each player to receive less playing together than they would playing alone on any other day.

Still, it was very nice to see Math for cars, and TTM for two cars actually being WON. I had a lot of apprehension about this episode, but it actually turned out to be not too bad.

1) I would agree with you, I was hoping when they revealed Grand it would say $20,000 and with that new display, you'd figure it would be possible, it was with the old one.

2) I think that would require spending $10,000+ on Spree, which has never happened? (Someone clarify if I am wrong.) As for the one item things, I assume Price has reasons for those being done in terms of who does what with what.

3) Honestly, I agree with the earlier poster, this was actually pretty damn good show. The staff did excellent reveals, building up suspense. Having two cars in Do the Math was fun for being original. If this happened more during regular shows, I think it would be a lot of fun.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
Teams are more likely to share cash than cars, trips, etc.

My two cents:

Do the Math (for 2 cars!): I knew the day would come. I would've won it, considering that a 5-door Toyota Yaris, though a subcompact, is usually pricey. Too bad about today, though. And they were so close to redeeming themselves by winning another pair of cars in the Showcase (they overbid by only 30 bucks!)! Well, here's hoping we see 2-car DTM happen again, even on a single-player show. Good setup though. It could've gone either way.
Squeeze Play: Tough break. 'Nuff said.
Secret X: Good win!
Shopping Spree: Same as Secret X.
That's Too Much (for 2 cars!): I never thought I'd see the day when 2 cars would be won in this game! And they won a couple trips in the Showcase, too!
Grand Game: Well, at least they got $100 to split.

Overall, great way to start the week!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 03:18:33 PM by Swingbatta0 »
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Paranoia_Survivor

• Outside in Line
Do the Math was particularly evil since it was basically a Raw Fiat vs a Loaded Toyota (carpeted floor/cargo mats, fabric protection, navigation system, etc).

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
Day 1 of Couples Week is here.

THE BAD NEWS:

DtM: For two cars? Really unexpected...What wasn't unexpected was that the Yaris was more than the Fiat. Bad enough Heidi and Michael didn't win those two cars, but they didn't win 2 more cars on a very painful  :wsd:

Squeeze Play: I think we all got blindsided with that price of Costa Rica.

Grand Game: A lot of times, cheese products can be quite the deathtrap. Kinda sucks that it wasn't a $20K price instead of just $10K.

THE GOOD NEWS:

Secret X: Nice win from Karleigh and Alexander!

Shopping Spree: Easy setup and good win for Candace and Thanos (Hide The Infinity Gems, quick!  :P)!

TTM: I was afraid that would be a terrible setup with those two Accents...Thankfully Camie and Thomas won those two cars! And also their SC!

THE BOTTOM LINE:

I did have my doubts, but I thought that this was well-executed today. Hopefully the rest of the week would be like that as well.

Not to nitpick, but, shouldn't Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Connor been special guest models for the New Zealand showcase ???
And Karl Urban...He was on Xena and Hercules as well when he played Cupid and Julius Caesar.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 03:26:49 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
2) I think that would require spending $10,000+ on Spree, which has never happened? (Someone clarify if I am wrong.) As for the one item things, I assume Price has reasons for those being done in terms of who does what with what.

The display only holds four digits, so yes.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
The display only holds four digits, so yes.

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but can't they still have a limit of over $10,000 since the display is counting down instead of up?

They've never had a total prize package that's topped $10,000, BTW.

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but can't they still have a limit of over $10,000 since the display is counting down instead of up?

The display shows the total won after the game.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
The display shows the total won after the game.

I knew there was something that I wasn't getting.   :-)

How long have they been showing the total amount? 

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Since the game's debut (over 19 years ago), the green display always showed the amount spent at the end of the game, not the total value of all four prizes.  This became rare to non-existant during the Eskander era, but now we see it again regularly ever since DiPirro became director and this carried over to his replacements.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
DtM: What a shame both the Bargain Game & this PG were both lost for two cars this season. They should've known the Yaris was going to be more than the FIAT by the Yaris' description.

SP: They wanted this won because they thought most people wouldn't pay about $8K+ for a trip to Costa Rica. Sadly, that didn't come to pass.

SX: I wasn't surprised it was in the middle.

SS: Candace & Thanos almost audienced out of the game like Heidi & Michael, but thankfully they came to their senses on staying away from those shades at the end.

TTM: Camie & Thomas also tried to scare us by saying "one more" as soon as the second price came up; glad they chose the right day to middle out in that PG.

Grand: Maybe it's just as well it wasn't played for $20K- most people still don't realize how more expensive crackers like CHEEZ-ITs have gotten these days.

Showcases: IMO, Mike was aiming for a DOB. Heidi & Michael were so close all day. I never expected the Hyundais to replace the Chevys in the middle door at the end (they might've put 'em there behind #3 if Camie & Thomas had a DSW).

Good start to this wk.