Author Topic: 2015 GOODSON-DOBKOWITZ CUP  (Read 1572 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
2015 GOODSON-DOBKOWITZ CUP
« on: April 26, 2015, 04:20:30 PM »
Yes, it is time once again for FPG's annual championship series.

Same FPG rules apply for all playoff games, except that the key game bonuses and the normal FPG points and monies schedules will not.  The 1,2,3,4 bonuses, pre-call bonuses, perfect 6 bonus, and Super Secret Million Dollar Bonus are still available, though.  In order to participate in this championship series, you have to qualify for it.

You are an automatic qualifier if:

--You are one of the 8 people with the highest point totals of this season
--You are one of the 8 people with the highest cash totals of the remaining FPG players this season

Even if you're not an automatic qualifier, you may still compete in the championship as a wild card if:

--You have played at least 24 of the 32 games this season (75% of the games)
--You are a past or present FPG moderator (BRB_TheFireball, FPGWillyT, ClockGameJohn, and Seth/Chelsea)
--You placed in the Top 8 of last season's Goodson-Dobkowitz Cup (Flerbert419, Kev347, Punchboard91, thepriceis_J, UniquePerspective, vadernader, whammy007, and wildbill0962)
--You are a former staff member of TPIR

Once the field is established, the tournament will begin.

Qualifying Round -- June 5, 2015

The 12 players with the highest MP/CP scores will advance to the next day's FPG.  You must score at least 1 MP in order to advance, so it is possible for fewer than 12 players to advance.  Any player who is eliminated from the qualifying round will not receive any consolation points or monies.

Quarterfinals -- June 12, 2015

Top 8 players advance to next week's FPG.  A minimum of 1 MP is still required to advance.  Any player who is eliminated from the quarterfinals will receive a consolation of $75,000 and 30 FPG points.

Semifinals -- June 19, 2014

All semifinals participants will automatically qualify for the 2016 Goodson-Dobkowitz Cup, regardless of their rankings (or lack thereof) in the 2015-16 FPG season.

Top 4 players advance to the final FPG of the season.  A minimum of 1 MP is still required to advance.

Semifinals consolation prizes are as follows:

8th place -- $200,000 and 70 FPG points
7th place -- $300,000 and 80 FPG points
6th place -- $400,000 and 90 FPG points
5th place -- $500,000 and 100 FPG points

Finals -- June 26, 2014

4th place -- $750,000 and 125 FPG points
Bronze medalist -- $1,000,000 and 150 FPG points
Silver medalist -- $1,500,000 and 200 FPG points
Gold medalist -- $3,000,000 and 300 FPG points
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:20:20 PM by BRB_TheFireball »
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: 2015 GOODSON-DOBKOWITZ CUP
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 04:22:12 PM »
Please note that the playoff dates have changed one week due to episode shuffling.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16