Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 10/28/15  (Read 4691 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 10/28/15
« on: October 28, 2015, 03:32:57 PM »

Episode Clips
Temptation
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 04:10:17 PM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPIR Recap - 10/28/15
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 06:16:13 PM »
You mean we were $2 in Clock Game away from a perfect show? In a show with Temptation? Man, that's rough.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 06:20:10 PM »
I too enjoyed today's show. Fantastic wins in Temptation and Dice Game. Nice wins in Pick-A-Pair, Pick-A-Number, and Coming or Going. And yes, so close in Clock Game. What suspense there. Would she get the price before time ran out? Yes? No?     No. :(

I was hoping for a perfect playing of Dice Game; I really wanted to see every digit space and border lit up. :)     

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 07:06:34 PM »
Roger!  Have Pick-a-Number and Pick-a-Pair ever appeared on the same episode before?
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 08:09:12 PM »
Roger!  Have Pick-a-Number and Pick-a-Pair ever appeared on the same episode before?

Sure has! 5/12 and 5/19 of 1993, the latter having Punch a Bunch, to boot. I point that out because that game has sometimes been hyphenated in its spelling at times by various users, albeit incorrectly. It also happened 2/1/96.

Random aside I discovered, if vastly uninteresting: The characters by pricing game increase by one for every game on 4/1/10, save strangely Plinko! Whoa, that's intentional, right? (Plinko's got 6, One Away 8, Pick-a-Pair 9, Range Game 10, Lucky $even 11, Double Prices 12.)
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline plinkoboard

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 08:26:11 PM »
Lucky move in Temptation by changing the 6 to an 8.  If only Clock Game would've been won we'd have had a perfect show.  It would've been cool if James C had rolled a 5 for the last number making him only the 2nd person ever to have a perfect Dice Game.  How weird that the prizes in both Pick A Number and Coming or Going both had the same price.  Has something like that happened before?  Also if Carolina would've bid $100 less she'd have been a DSW.  That combined win a Clock Game win would mean every prize offered would've been won.  How cool would that have been?

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 08:43:28 PM »
Can we talk about how well Drew hosted today? Like, I don't know if it was me, but I was loving him for most of the show. Perhaps things got started on the right foot when Drew actually revealed the 1st number in Temptation before heading into the game. I'd grown used to him not doing it, but it's refreshing to see when he does do it as he did today. Maybe it was a sign of things to come as I thought he did an excellent job with Temptation today. I don't know if perhaps that first act of revealing the first number just won me over for the rest of the segment/show, but I really liked him. I loved his reveal here as well.

His Pick-A-Pair was great. He almost always does Clock Game well.

Dice Game was excellent. Great rolls combined with Drew's enthusiasm just equals a great segment.

I loved this lineup. Nothing super special, but I liked the slotting.

I loved this show.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 04:45:10 AM »
Wow, what a show!  Temptation was won, Dice Game was played almost perfectly, and Clock Game...wow, Clock Game.  Literally $2 from a perfect show.  At least Krissy ended up winning the Showcase...she wasn't a bad contestant or anything.

I feel pretty safe saying this is the first time Pick-a-Number and Pick-a-Pair have ever been played back-to-back.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.