Author Topic: Price could be hitting DVD in the VERY near future.  (Read 12030 times)

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Price could be hitting DVD in the VERY near future.
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2007, 12:01:30 PM »
How about all the incredible wins when it seemed like they were going to lose? (e.g. Natalie in Cliffhangers.)

How about all volumes plus one DVD with just Double Showcase wins?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2007, 09:41:51 PM »
ilovesuperball wrote:

How about all the incredible wins when it seemed like they were going to lose? (e.g. Natalie in Cliffhangers.)

How about all volumes plus one DVD with just Double Showcase wins?

How about not randomly bumping threads?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline bro

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2007, 08:30:40 AM »
This is for PennyAnte91 only;

I love your idea on DVD volumes. I've been meaning to tell you on DVD volumes 17 to 35. From those volumes you  mentionned, did you mean the complete season or episodes from that season?

If it is the complete season, there is no need for the first 16 volumes on DVD otherwise its a waste of time.

To my knowledge of the complete season since that this is alot of episodes on each season (if I already said this), I think it would be a complete season in volumes (depending on the fur coat situation).

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2007, 02:04:45 PM »
I think he means complete seasons.

And Steve, this wasn't 30 days old when I bumped it.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2007, 02:10:20 PM »
ilovesuperball wrote:

And Steve, this wasn't 30 days old when I bumped it.

About ten minutes before you bumped this thread (to make suggestions about things that are never going to happen, mind you), you bumped a Retro Recap that hadn't been posted in since the middle of October to ask whether or not a boat had an interior cabin.  If you think I was calling you out solely because of how long this thread had been dormant, you have completely missed the point.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007, 12:22:39 AM »
Godzy, how about not bumping up threads on a technicality?  If you bump a thread 10 seconds before time is "officially" up just to laugh in our faces--or post drivel--it makes some of us angry.  Please have a point to your posts, and don't just add a little bit of nothingness that's new to this thread every 25 days just to keep it alive forever.

Offline wvoutlaw2002

• In Contestant's Row
    • XXCE Linux
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2007, 06:14:37 PM »
Even if they were to use DVD-18 (double-sided with both sides dual-layer) DVDs, it would still take LOTS of DVD-18 DVDs. IIRC, there are approx. 250 episodes in a single season. After taking out the commercials, all those episodes add up to about 183 hours per year starting with the 1976-77 season. I think DVD-18 DVDs can hold probably 10 hour-long episodes (5 per dual-layer side). So in that scenario, it would take 19 DVDs for a whole season of TPIR. Of course the final DVD would be small, so it would most likely be arranged in a way where it would take 20 DVDs.

The hour-long format has lasted for 31 whole seasons (76-77 thru 06-07), with the 75-76 season about 80% hour-long eps and 20% half-hour eps). If it were to take 20 DVDs for a whole season of hour-long eps, it would take 620 DVDs to hold the 76-77 thru 06-07 episodes. You would need a HUGE library (or a HUGE bookshelf ) to hold those. And just think how long it would take you to watch every episode in the collection...it would take YEARS.

I would just have a box set with the 25 best episodes of all time all on single-sided dual-layer DVDs, including:

Disc 1 - 25-21
Disc 2 - 20-16
Disc 3 - 15-11
Disc 4 - 10-6
Disc 5 - 5-1
Disc 6 - All five episodes from Labor Day Week 1975 (if no furs given away)
Disc 7 - Tribute to retired pricing games (one playing of every single retired pricing game)
Disc 8 - a TPIR documentary

I would gladly pay $100 for such a TPIR DVD box set.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2007, 07:45:02 PM »
Not to take away from the completely valid point made in the previous post...but Carlos, how big is your bookcase, again?

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2007, 11:24:36 PM »
Wow, 4 shelves on each side of the kitchen walkway, very deep, approx. 450 to 500 videotapes hidden away in there total, and spilling out into other areas already. And ya, you'd need a huuuuge bookcase for all of those DVDs.  I'm moving into a house soon, and one room will be totally devoted to TPIR.  It has to be, there's too much "stuff" to put elsewhere.