Author Topic: 7761K - 1/9/2017 Recap  (Read 3176 times)

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
7761K - 1/9/2017 Recap
« on: January 09, 2017, 03:40:18 PM »
Recap: https://goo.gl/Z3b0sd

Quick Take
Push Over - Loss
It's In the Bag - $8,000
Lucky Seven - Loss
Squeeze Play - Loss
Magic # - Loss
Bonus Game - Win

TODAY        YEAR
 On Offer:  $137,429   $13,968,696.46+
Total Won:    63,804     6,088,761.45+

Offline plinkoboard

• In Contestant's Row
Re: 7761K - 1/9/2017 Recap
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 09:24:39 PM »
An exacta in Bonus Game saves the day.  What a way to save the day though considering it was played for a car.  Painful loss in Magic Number being off by only $40.  Although it's never been mentioned before you'd think any LFAT of TPIR who either watches the show regularly or looks up recap sites would know that 0's aren't used in Lucky 7.  I don't know why many people fail to realize that and try to guess 0 for any of the digits. 

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 10:14:10 AM »
Although it's never been mentioned before you'd think any LFAT of TPIR who either watches the show regularly or looks up recap sites would know that 0's aren't used in Lucky 7.  I don't know why many people fail to realize that and try to guess 0 for any of the digits.
A.) The show will never exclusively pick LFaTs as contestants.
B.) One need not knowledge of a game's tips and tricks to qualify as a LFaT.
C.) Drew has mentioned on several occasions that "0" classifies as an absolutely valid guess for Lucky Seven, so...
D.) I don't know why many people fail to realize that they're overreacting.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 12:29:58 PM »
Being honest here: Because of her behavior, I started rooting against Evelyn. I was hoping she wouldn't win her pricing game. Then I was hoping she wouldn't make it to the showcase round. And finally, I was hoping she wouldn't win her showcase, and she didn't (Yes! Finally!). Antics like hers really rub me the wrong way.

Also, I've mentioned before that I don't get excited the way I used to about Bonus Game. The classic turntable reveal is gone, the game explanation before the bonus prize is shown is gone, and the blue windows with the incandescent lights are gone. However, seeing all four small prizes won and a car as the bonus prize was exciting, so it didn't matter to me that the location of the bonus, theoretically, could be changed at any time, I believe, with the current display. (It wouldn't matter with this episode's gameplay.). The decision to change the display was "the straw that broke the camel's back" for me when it comes to Bonus; well, at least the game is still being played.   
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 12:35:17 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 01:29:02 PM »
Being honest here: Because of her behavior, I started rooting against Evelyn. I was hoping she wouldn't win her pricing game. Then I was hoping she wouldn't make it to the showcase round. And finally, I was hoping she wouldn't win her showcase, and she didn't (Yes! Finally!). Antics like hers really rub me the wrong way.

I miss the rarities of contestants like this, there was a time I would look forward to a crazy or somewhat obnoxious contestant, but it's so common now that it does become annoying after a while.