Author Topic: Guide to Visiting TPIR in Person  (Read 5596 times)

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Guide to Visiting TPIR in Person
« on: June 04, 2006, 09:05:54 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find the Guide to Visiting TPIR in Person that was posted on the old site a while ago? I can't find it from the old board and I'd like to read it before I go to TPIR next week.

Also, doesn't the Farmer's Daughter hotel rent folding chairs for waiting in line?

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Guide to Visiting TPIR in Person
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 09:29:26 PM »
Voltron291 wrote:Also, doesn't the Farmer's Daughter hotel rent folding chairs for waiting in line?

I don't know about the Farmer's Daughter, but the 24/7 bakery/coffee shop across the street from where the line forms rents chairs.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 09:42:55 PM »
One of our most popular reads, and one of the things I was sure to "bring over"...

http://www.golden-road.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=10

Offline umbchockeypa08

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 09:48:09 PM »

Voltron291 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find the Guide to Visiting TPIR in Person that was posted on the old site a while ago? I can't find it from the old board and I'd like to read it before I go to TPIR next week.

Also, doesn't the Farmer's Daughter hotel rent folding chairs for waiting in line?

Farmer's Daughter lets you rent plastic chairs for $5 a piece, IIRC.
Alum of UMBC & Broadcasting Institute of Maryland

Offline gauchodirk

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 03:33:48 PM »
MikeK was correct: the bagel shop across Fairfax rents the chairs, but I don't think it's open 24 hours.  I think it opens at 4:00 every morning, or at least it did the day I was there (Monday, May 1st).  Though it doesn't open until four, there's a guy who is there, and if you knock on the door, he'll get them for you.  It was $5 for two and $3 for one.  Plus somebody will come pick them up for you at 6:00 so you don't have to drag them back across the street after you get your order-of-arrival slip.

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 10:43:01 PM »
The bagel shop across the street also rents chairs.  Last year it was $5 to rent plus a $5 refundable deposit.
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.