Author Topic: Do you remember College Bowl? It's back!  (Read 2448 times)

Offline jlgarfield

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Rider Pride!
Do you remember College Bowl? It's back!
« on: November 24, 2020, 05:45:06 PM »
https://deadline.com/2020/11/college-bowl-peyton-manning-nbc-1234621247/ - NEWSFLASH: Here's a game show that haven't been heard of in ages: College Bowl. It's coming back on NBC, with, get this..... Peyton Manning hosting. The other Manning siblings will be involved, with Eli and Cooper serving as EPs.

Offline danderson400

• In the Audience
Re: Do you remember College Bowl? It's back!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 07:14:14 PM »
Peyton is no Robert Earle, but......

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 07:24:24 PM »
Or Allen Ludden.....

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 07:30:39 PM »
Wow. This is one of the least likely classic game shows I'd expect to be revived. It's great to hear that NBC wants a piece of the pie now.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 07:41:33 AM »
Wow. I've got an episode from 1960 where Don Morrow (RIP) filled in for Allen Ludden, and even part of the 1984 special where Pat Sajak hosted. They should get some It's Academic champs as contestants to compete, especially since an O&O WRC hosts the longest-running version. Maybe have a chance to bring GE's relevance back to life again as the main sponsor? 

Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 10:34:11 AM »
Wow. I never thought I’d say this, but with all of the primetime game shows between ABC, NBC, and FOX coming in 2021, our genre might just be experiencing a tad overexposure. Not that I have a problem with this announcement.

Offline Spmahn

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 11:01:25 AM »
Wow. I never thought I’d say this, but with all of the primetime game shows between ABC, NBC, and FOX coming in 2021, our genre might just be experiencing a tad overexposure. Not that I have a problem with this announcement.

I think it’s fine, for now it makes for cheap filler programming to plug in the gaps created covid related production delays, it won’t last forever. It’s certainly not as bad as when Millionaire caught fire in 99-2000 and ABC decided to air it nearly five days a week, and every other network had 2 or 3 game shows of their own.

Offline AussieEvil

• Not Hurt By Pain™
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 01:00:25 AM »
I'm a little hesitant with it being on NBC and all, given the gimmickry that NBC's primetime game shows used to have.
"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

Offline jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 10:36:53 PM »
https://www.nbc.com/capital-one-college-bowl - Sorry to unearth this after a few months, but we have some new news! The Capitol One College Bowl will premiere on NBC June 22nd.