Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 363995 times)

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #1395 on: January 21, 2023, 10:12:52 PM »
To answer the question that was asked, Fremantle will upload episodes into YouTube's Content ID system which will then automatically block out any non-Fremantle uploads of the episodes and also send copyright claims to clips. They usually do this about a month before airing the episodes so it's a good indicator that new stuff is on the way. The same process also applies to BUZZR and its shows.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Taylor

« Reply #1396 on: January 23, 2023, 10:56:01 AM »
I’ve been keeping track of cycles and it appears that we are in the fourth 51-550 loop. Can someone clear me up on this?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #1397 on: January 23, 2023, 01:21:54 PM »
Can someone clear me up on this?

On what? :confused:
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Taylor

« Reply #1398 on: January 23, 2023, 01:37:12 PM »
On what? :confused:
On how many rotations TBE goes through typically before fresh episodes are cranked out.

Online C8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #1399 on: January 23, 2023, 02:12:01 PM »
On how many rotations TBE goes through typically before fresh episodes are cranked out.

It hasn't been consistent. It'll happen when it happens. I'd like to hope having a Spring 86 episode with Rod prior to the Redemption special is a sign they're working on '85-'86.

Taylor

« Reply #1400 on: January 25, 2023, 07:47:59 PM »
Another thing I was going to ask: When will the episodes featuring Bump as one of the games get approved for the Barker Era platforms?

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #1401 on: January 25, 2023, 07:52:47 PM »
See the post above.

Or, it will air when it airs.

Taylor

« Reply #1402 on: January 26, 2023, 07:12:39 AM »
See the post above.

Or, it will air when it airs.

Okay, now I understand. Thank you so much for clearing things up for me and I’ll be ready as soon as the next batch of episodes rolls out.

Offline SilverFirePrime

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Can this be ressurected next?
« Reply #1403 on: January 27, 2023, 03:59:54 PM »
Another thing I was going to ask: When will the episodes featuring Bump as one of the games get approved for the Barker Era platforms?

I could be mistake, but I'm fairly sure I've seen Bump on there recently - I want to say it was in some of the last crop of new episodes.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #1404 on: January 27, 2023, 08:13:46 PM »
I could be mistake, but I'm fairly sure I've seen Bump on there recently - I want to say it was in some of the last crop of new episodes.

It wasn't.

The Pluto run hasn't reached Season 14 yet.  Unless it was on the Rod episode they ran to promote the Redemption special (and I don't know off-hand if it was), there's no way they could have aired Bump.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #1405 on: January 27, 2023, 09:25:31 PM »
The one Rod episode that aired on Pluto (6083D) excluded Bump; apparently it was played a couple of episodes prior.  The 04.16.86 lineup was Give Or Keep, Safe Crackers, Range Game, Most Expensive, Ten Chances, & Now...and Then.  Give or Keep was the episodes NCFC pricing game.

So no Barker Era episodes featuring Bump as of January 2023
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Taylor

« Reply #1406 on: January 28, 2023, 11:13:00 AM »
Exactly what is the process of adding fresh episodes on to the stream? I know that some of them include digitizing, master tapes, picture quality, closed captioning, but I can’t think of any others. Blocked episodes mean something else if it involves them coming soon.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #1407 on: January 28, 2023, 11:43:50 AM »
I forgot to mention in my previous post that 6083D featured Play Along during the first showcase showdown.  Of course, there's a chance that the then-new & short-lived home participation game made its first debut before that.  Looks like we'll find out after the episodes appear on Pluto.

Exactly what is the process of adding fresh episodes on to the stream? I know that some of them include digitizing, master tapes, picture quality, closed captioning, but I can’t think of any others. Blocked episodes mean something else if it involves them coming soon.

Someone else might be able to provide a more detailed description of the process, but I think Thatgameshowguy mentioned it at the top of this page.  Also, in terms of blocking episodes, gsn93 was on point in terms of Fremantle wanting people to see the episodes on their own platform.  In addition & FYI, episodes that don't get blocked are often an indication that they'll skip it for whatever reason, but it's fair enough to block the episodes on YouTube; someone could go there to watch it, which would defeat the purpose of the channel
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #1408 on: January 28, 2023, 03:56:37 PM »

Buzzr explained the process for adding fresh episodes to it's lineup back in early 2020. I would assume the process is nearly identical for TBE channel.

Quote from: Buzzr
First, each episode undergoes a process called digitization, which takes an analog, physical tape and creates a digital copy. Digitization is done in real-time, which means a 30-minute episode takes 30 minutes to digitize. After that, each episode is screened for quality control, which is also done in real-time. This step identifies any deterioration in the episode’s quality, and any verbal/non-verbal content that is outside either the FCC or BUZZR’s standards. While we try our very best to preserve each episode we digitize, there are many instances where we can not air an episode due to poor quality…. It’s the nature of working with vintage content. Next, an episode undergoes brief editing and is copied yet again to a file format required for broadcast. The FCC requires that each episode have closed captioning present, and generating these captions is another step in the workflow that is executed in real-time. Finally, the episode and captions are sent to our broadcast facility which performs another quality check and prepares the files for air.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that 6083D featured Play Along during the first showcase showdown.  Of course, there's a chance that the then-new & short-lived home participation game made its first debut before that.  Looks like we'll find out after the episodes appear on Pluto.

During 6083D Bob forgot to mention that the at-home player who did not win anything would get a t-shirt after the showdown. Before the 4th IUFB, Bob corrected his mistake and said "Bob has always given a Play Along t-shirt to anyone who didn't win money" which would indicate that Play Along was a feature for at least a few weeks by that point. Small note: The timeline still mentions 6094D as the earliest known appearance of Play Along, which is no longer true.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Taylor

« Reply #1409 on: January 28, 2023, 05:32:52 PM »
This explains everything in great detail. One more thing: How often are the oldest episodes added to the On Demand stream and what’s the process of doing so?