Author Topic: How Would Price Deal With A Showcase Tie?  (Read 2617 times)

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
How Would Price Deal With A Showcase Tie?
« on: January 06, 2021, 06:35:48 AM »
Although I've never seen any playing with the said situation, what do you suppose Drew would do? Play the One Bid game? Select the winner by basing with their previous winnings? Other gameshows notably has a back-up plan for a tie (Wheel, Jep, Feud, etc.).

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: How Would Price Deal With A Showcase Tie?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 06:45:44 AM »
It's happened once, on an early nighttime show. Each contestant won the Showcase they had bid on.

The answer to this and many more general questions can be found in our FAQ. :)
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline GR_Man_9009

• Walking the Golden Road
  • BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 06:51:44 AM »
The rules state if both contestants are say $1,000 away then they each win their own showcase but if both contestants are say $50 away then both contestants would win both showcases. I'm just using $1,000 and $50 as examples.
The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 03:12:24 PM »
The rules state if both contestants are say $1,000 away then they each win their own showcase but if both contestants are say $50 away then both contestants would win both showcases. I'm just using $1,000 and $50 as examples.

We're still waiting for our first ever QSW if that ever happens. At least unlike Jeopardy!, there can still be co-champions here. I'd wish we could see video footage of that episode's closing to see how they would present both winners since it would be so neat, where Drew, George and the models would split off between the two winners and/or split time between both.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/