Author Topic: 2 Hour Prime Time Special to air 9/30, 9-11PM EDT/PDT  (Read 19674 times)

Online blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 2 Hour Prime Time Special to air 9/30, 9-11PM EDT/PDT
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2021, 08:11:30 AM »
When the show expanded to one hour in 1975, was there a reason they waited two months into season 4 to make the change? The first permanent one hour show aired November 3, 1975. It seems like they would have wanted to have the first one hour show to kick off the season 4 premiere in early September 1975.

I believe the week of hour long shows in Sept was a test to see if an hour long game show could work.  Assuming the ratings were decent and they got the green light from CBS, they probably starting taping the regular hour long shows late Sept to debut Nov 75.
Actually, the first permanent hour show didn't tape until October 20, 1975. And as far as I'm aware, October 12 was the day the last four half-hour shows were taped, so the decision to expand full time may not have been made until mid-October..

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2021, 02:18:37 PM »
Actually, the first permanent hour show didn't tape until October 20, 1975. And as far as I'm aware, October 12 was the day the last four half-hour shows were taped, so the decision to expand full time may not have been made until mid-October..

I don't know that it would have happened that late -- we know they had celebrity guests on to promote the expansion on the last week of half-hour shows.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2021, 11:59:20 PM »
Who's getting "up in arms"? I wasn't.

Sorry, I should have stated that I wasn't meaning to say you were getting up in arms specifically. It was more so your original post that just made me think of other things I'd seen online about the topic.
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!