Author Topic: Bob's first gray hair TV appearance - NOT the Price ep you might think. Not TPIR  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer

I've been slowly digitizing all of my discs and tapes and came across a Fall '87 Hollywood Squares episode with various game show hosts doing bumpers and reading questions. In Bob's case, it's to help with a tongue-twister.

The relevant part here is Bob Barker's pretape - which filmed during the summer '87 taping break - between Bob's last dark hair Price and first gray hair Price. 

Bob wears a giant, utterly ridiculous cowboy hat to try to hide the surprise, but if you look at his temples or eyebrows (especially on his left / camera right) the dye is working its way out of his hair and the gray is shining through.  And this aired a month (9/16/87) before he showed up Gray on Price.  It's the dumbest thing, but the part that's most Price related (Bob's apperance, you can watch it in less time than it took you to read this) is linked here

Online Alfonzo

• Director
I saw that episode when it originally aired. I did not recognize Bob AT ALL when I first saw it, but I thought his voice was familiar...
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
I'm just here for the GIANT COWBOY HAT tbh

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
Man, I never realized Jack Hanna briefly hosted a game show!

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
I'm just here for the GIANT COWBOY HAT tbh

Living.