Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/25/2007  (Read 22765 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/25/2007
« on: May 25, 2007, 03:18:22 PM »
*** NOTE REGARDING MONDAY ***

Thursday's show, which was pre-empted in the Eastern & Central time zones by a Presidential News Conference, will reair Monday at the regular Price time nationwide (this was to have been an undetermined rerun). The recap for that show is "in the can" and will be posted after the East Coast airing at Noon ET.

As to today...

Production #4005K - Taped May 17, 2007

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: mixed - Krystel just had to bid last

Handoff: Brandi

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Brandi Sherwood and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Kersh

1   Beachcomber Hot Tub (G)

1-SUSAN 1350
2-DENNIS 1200
4-JOHN *2300
3-KRYSTEL 1201
($3495)

John from River Falls, WI plays MOST EXPENSIVE

(Apple) Desktop Computer (B)$3864
Corsican Magic Garden Cradle (G)3225
Rascal Fold & Go Scooter (P)PICK2695LOSS

2  4 Daisy Rock Girl Guitars/MidNite Sleep Aid (P)

+Susan 1400
+Dennis 1350
ANDRIENNE *1595
+Krystel 2400
($1976)

Adrianne from Indiana plays CLIFF HANGERS for a Broyhill Mission Dining Group and Wilton Armetale QUeen Anne Dinnerware (G)($5720)

MP3 Kitty$30$282 for 6
Carmel Apple Bowl35305 to 7
(Cooks) Coffee Maker504010 to 17WIN!

3   Ashley Winslow Desk+Chair/Mylanta Ultimate Strength (G)

+Susan 1600
+Dennis *1
GLORIA 1595
+Krystel 1090
($498)

Dennis, a Beach Bum from Wilton, CT, plays LUCKY SEVEN for a Dodge Caravan SE (Fairly loaded)(B)

Picks:   3 6 7
Price:   $2 1 5 2 9
Bucks:7 5 4 0LOSS

Our own Madonna was at the game, thankfully, so he filled in the gap Bart really ought to (but does in a later game).

SHOWDOWN #1Spinoff
$538Dennis90 stay.90.60Through to Showcase Round
3,495John55 + 65OV
7,794Adrianne30 + 60.90.30

4   American Tourister iLite 5 pc Luggage Set (B)

+Susan *577
Jeffrey 530
Gloria 575
+Krystel 576
($970)

Susan ascends the "Southpaw Steps" to play BULLSEYE for an American 18 18' Day Sailer (G)($9955)

(2) Campbell's Cream of Mushroom10 x 1.07   $10.70   WIN!

(1) Clorox Bleach (gallon)
(3) (Jif) Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter (28 oz)
(4) Pure Silk Shave Cream
(5) (Oxford) Ruled Index Cards (100)

5   English Wall Clock (B)

DANIEL 750
Jeffrey *800
Gloria 400
+Krystel 401
($2160)

Jeffrey, a U.S. Army soldier, plays THAT'S TOO MUCH for a Dodge Dakota ST (Std., Mats, AT, Bench, BlkHtr, Axle, Prot)(G)($22,854)

$12,610
$14,185
$15,206
------
------
------
------
(HERE)

LOSS

After that disappointment there's nowhere to go but up, which sums up the situation for Krystel as well. Can she find her way next to Barker or will her Memorial Day be spent at the "First Four" Breakfast Club - where the chips are stale, the steaks are rubber, the weenies are green and the mustard is dry...

6   Horizon T73 Motorized Treadmill (P)
Daniel *1201
DEBI 675
Gloria 1200
+Krystel 700
($1299)

Krystel heads off to the clubhouse while Daniel, a student at Clemson, plays CREDIT CARD for the usual requisite...

$2000
(5) Igloo Coolers$6051395
(1) Husqvarna Chain Saw418977
(4) 2 Dale Tiffany Mission Floor Lamps750227WIN!

(2) Flexsteel Wilson Recliner1320
(3) Rosenthal Queen Crystal Stemware1344

SHOWDOWN #2
$2,160Jeffrey20 + 75.95Through to Showcase Round
5,736Daniel45 + 60OV
10,925Susan65 + 40OV

ROBAIR MACKEY SEMI-MEMORIAL STAG SHOWCASE ROUND

Jeffrey has the honor.

SC1-Jeffrey

COMMON ITEMS ON "CONSUMER RETORTS" (B)
Stainless Dishwasher (G)
(LG) 42" Plasma EDTV (P)
Ford Fusion S (Std., BkHtr)(G)
BID$23,600
PRICE21,587
DIFFOVER

SC2-Dennis

Aico Tuscano Fireplace
Ashley Durapella Living Room Group
Carpet One Carpeting (G)
Trip to Buenos Aries (6n)(P)
BID$15,750
PRICE15,655
DIFFOVER

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6

Total Winnings: $30,648

...and then, there were 14 shows until Barker's Final Bow

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/25/2007
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 03:28:29 PM »
Unless someone can prove me wrong, was today the absolutely first time Credit Card was EVER played sixth?! I mean since it debuted in 1987?!

Fireball, get the dancing clip board ready!
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 03:34:42 PM »
Going back as far as Season 24 (93 playings through today), never played last. Seven times out of ten it's the leadoff.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 03:38:59 PM »
Oh, I should also add that one of our "angels" helped Susan get that win in Bullseye.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 03:42:46 PM »
Adrianne was a lot of fun to watch.  The way she just screamed (and scared Bob, nonetheless :D) and played Cliff Hangers was very amusing.  

Jeffrey might've been trying to price a Ford Ranger instead. :P  Or that any non-army vehicle was cheap.  Regardless, the audience boos and disapprovements were justified.  

Credit Card sixth.  If I played FPG, I would care. ;)

And why, Dennis, why did you tack on that extra $750?!  That really, really hurt.  Then again, it was Ashley furniture.  

Overall, a slight down from yesterday's show, which I shall keep my lips sealed until Monday. :)

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 03:48:01 PM »
ME:  No way is that scooter as expensive as that Mac with a 500 GB hard drive.

Cliffhangers:  I thought she was waaaaaaaay off on the MP3 thingamajig.  Turns out I was the one way off.  Nice win!

Bullseye:  Just as the game says.....BULLSEYE!  Our own Madonna was suspected of having helped Susan win. :-D

That's Too Much:  That's AWFUL on the That's Too Much call.  In addition, for the price, THAT'S TOO CHEAP!

Credit Card:  I was thinking "uh oh" when he chose the lamps.....but they were cheap enough!  Another good playing!

Showcase #2:  Owwwwwwww........

Overall:  An ok show today.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 04:05:19 PM »
Maybe today's awesome lineup was to make up for Wednesday's icky lineup.  Cliff Hangers second is always cool, Lucky $even third is always cool... but the absolute kicker was Credit Card sixth!  Seeing that ATM doing its awesome flash was a great way to end the day!

And That's Too Much... this was... actually, was it the worst That's Too Much has ever been played?  I'm curious what possessed Jeffrey to stop so early.  Certainly didn't seem to be a case of the audience steering him wrong.  Not that Roger necessarily wanted it won today, but I doubt he was expecting it to be lost so... well, quickly.

Speaking of That's Too Much, Bob really let Jeffrey off easy with his shout.  I guess I could understand if Bob just accepted it as good enough, wanting to move the show along, but Bob seemed oddly impressed, despite that it wasn't really very good.

I was really surprised that Dennis had gone over on his showcase.  I mean, I know the living room was Ashley, but isn't Argentina usually really expensive?  I thought that would make up for the cheapie Ashley stuff.  Aico fireplace was probably a pretty penny, as well.  Ah well.

Speaking of Dennis, though... ouch.  Biggest reason I'm not a fan of tacking on extra little amounts at the end of showcase bids.  Just makes it all the more painful when you realize you could've won if only you hadn't tacked on the extra numbers.

Offline tpirfan165

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 04:15:41 PM »
OH GOSH!.....and that double overbid seemed bad enough ( i could smell a double overbid before it even happened ) :o

just by looking at the bids that Jeffrey and Dennis put in on their showcases.

actually, i don't really know if that double overbid could be considered a "painful" one,  or just "heartbreaking"

as for LUCKY SEVEN, that may have gotten things to take a slight turn for the worst.
< loves it when Drew Carey attempts to make an inspiration putt, and when it misses the hole, he just does a little second putt with the ball to sink it

( as was in his 500th show) ROFL!!!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 04:18:31 PM »
I said the cradle as the most expensive and be wrong. The game should be called least expensive after John picked the scooter.

Great playing from Adrianne there. A bit of concerned about her guess of the coffee maker but she pulled it off.

With the advise that Dennis had they should've changed the name to Unlucky Seven. Not pretty.

I went for 10 soups as well.

I don't know why Jeffery stopped too soon. That car was bound to be more than $15,206. If only we've known what the price was that he would've stopped.

When Daniel picked the lamps I thought he would be in trouble. Turns out he was right. Shows how I know.

Man that was a heart breaker for Dennis. Going over by only $95! Oh the pain!  :evil:

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 04:23:28 PM »
Most Expensive:  There's just no way an I-Mac can be more expensive than a scooter!  :-x

Cliffhangers:  Nice win!

Lucky Seven:  Evil, just pure evilness on The Dobber's part there.  

Bullseye:  As somebody--whose name I ain't gonna mention--said in chat this morning:  YAY!  Bully for Bully!!  :-D  This was an easy setup with a nice win to boot.  

That's Too Much:  *insert audience booing here*  That was the most horrific TTM playing I have ever seen.  I guess Jeffrey was tryin' to price an Aveo!  :-D

Credit Card:  WHOA!  Didn't see this one a-comin'!  :-D

Showcases:  OWWWWW...Dennis was over by so little; unfortunately, that is double overbid #15 of the year.  What's the season record for double overbids; I think we're dangerously close to breaking that dubious mark.  

OVERALL SHOW GRADE:  C-
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 04:26:32 PM »
You can tell just from the lineup that this was a Friday show:  Cliff Hangers was second, Lucky $even was third, and Credit Card got played sixth for the first time in at least 12 years!

I don't think any reasonable person was going to win Most Expensive today.

That's Too Much! was just played abysmally.  I still can't believe how Jeffrey stopped, nor that the audience's extremely loud booing never caused him to think, "gee, maybe I should ask Bob if I can keep going."  In all seriousness, that might have been the worst playing of the game ever (and that's going some).

I really felt bad that Dennis didn't win much of anything.  He seemed like a nice guy, and he got genuinely excited over a furniture showcase.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 04:41:30 PM »
Interesting show today...

Most Expensive: Roger didn't want this won today.  I thought Scooter along with John.  That darn IMac was the most expensive and fooled almost everybody.

Cliffhangers: Adrianne played it well.  I was a bit concerned about $50 for the Coffee Maker, but I didn't need to.

Lucky Seven: Oh boy Roger loaded up the van today!  The two dudes that gave Dennis the advice of using 7 as the 4th number REALLY cost him.  On the other hand, I don't think Roger wanted Lucky Seven won today.  If I had to guess the last number of that van, even though it was not revealed, I would have guessed either a 1 or a 9.  

Bullseye: 10 soups=win for Susan!

That's too Much: Jeffrey, [color=0000FF]That's too edited out by Frank15!  That's too you know better than this, Richie![/color]  (Sorry guys, I had to say it---I just lost it when he stopped at the third price)  I am at a loss of words for Jeffrey's playing.  This truck aint a Ford F-150, dude.  
On the other hand, the Dodge Dakota was loaded.  I would have stopped at the 7th price, but I would have lost.  Looks like Roger didn't want this game won either.

Credit Card:  It was either the stemware or the lamps.  I chose lamps along with Daniel.  A win for both of us.

Showcases: WOW.  I thought Jeffrey and Dennis made fine bids.  But they both overbid---Dennis' overbid was REALLY PAINFUL!!!  Ouch!

Offline Cliff_Hanger_Chris

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 04:45:48 PM »
For a show taped so recently, I was pleasently surprised that Bob's impending retirement didn't overshadow the game.

Adrienne was one of the best contestants I had seen in a long time (then again, I don't get very many opportunities to watch...); very enthusiastic, and played well. I was a bit disappointed that she didn't make the showcase.

It looked like Roger wanted Credit Card won today--I figured out which three prizes were the ones to pick before Daniel made his first selection.

I was surprised at the outcome of Most Expensive, since I never would have guessed the computer was that expensive. I also didn't expect Jeffrey to say "That's too much!" that soon.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 05:20:30 PM »
ME:  I thought the Scooter was the costliest.  Stupid Me.

Cliffy: Well played by Adrianne.  I thought the MP3 Players was $20.

Lucky 7: Yikes.  That price was evil.

Bullseye:  I went with 10 soups and won this as well.

TTM:  Maybe Jeffery thought $15K was too high for an Cobalt/Aveo.  I would have went to the 7th price and still lost painfully.

Credit Card: 6th?!?!  I thought the stemware was one of the cheapest prizes.  Screw me.

SC: OW!  Painful overbid by Dennis.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 05:34:51 PM »
Sorry guys if I had to do that long rant concerning the That's Too Much playing.  When Jeffrey stopped at the third price, I said "WHAT?!"  Even the Peanut Gallery didn't approve.  I know most of you guys thought that playing was abysmal and stupid.  I did too.  I'll just stick it to one in regards to the playing---THAT'S TOO SOON!  

I think that Apple IMac Desktop Computer's price went up from $3698 to $3864 in recent shows.