Author Topic: 2022 NFL Season  (Read 26032 times)

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Re: 2022 NFL Season
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2023, 09:55:17 PM »
Down goes Dallas.  It'll be Philadelphia (-2.5) hosting San Francisco in the NFC Title game (01/29/2023 at 3:00 EST).

Not 4 hours removed from the conclusion of Bengals/Bills, Kansas City, originally favored by 2.5, is now only favored by 1.5
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2023, 09:58:09 PM »
Philadelphia VS San Francisco NFC Championship game...this one will be very tough.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #242 on: January 23, 2023, 10:55:45 AM »
If one is superstitious, one has to wonder if there's a curse on Dallas for the last almost 30 years--maybe from Jerome Brown for the Cowboys eliminating the Eagles in 1992 and ending the original Bring It Home for Jerome campaign, on the grounds that they would not win another world title until Philadelphia made up for all the times the 90s Cowboys dynasty did eliminate them (counting thus the 1995 divisional round too)? 

Both championship games look to be well stacked affairs that could go in either teams favor; each contest could come down to how has the fewest turnovers.  Cincinnati may get a break with Patrick Mahomes likely not at 100%, although they'll have to in turn crack a very strong Kansas City defense.  San Francisco and Philadelphia appear to be more or less evenly matched, although home field advantage may go the Eagles' way.  All 4 teams would be worthy of winning it all, so we'll see what happenes. 

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #243 on: January 23, 2023, 11:00:12 AM »
Considering how good both defenses are, Eagles-49ers could easily be a 3-0 or 6-3 game with no touchdowns scored.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2023, 09:15:23 PM »
Saturday's Jacksonville / Kansas City game resulted in 37 Million viewers (highest viewership since 2015)

Looks like that's a record for an NBC divisional round game.  The Baltimore / New England game generated 34 Million.  To be clear that's the number for a Saturday afternoon game.  The Ravens/Patriots game was in the same slot (first of four games & first of the two Saturday games around 4:30 PM EST).

FYI: The 2015 game from the 2014 NFL season was NBC's first divisional round game in nearly 20 years (since the 1997 season) so maybe 37 Million for a day game isn't a record.  So the record total in viewership is based off of the totals since the return of the NFL on NBC

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #245 on: January 26, 2023, 02:27:06 PM »
After an extensive search, the Carolina Panthers have hired Frank Reich as their new head coach.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35532019/panthers-hire-ex-colts-coach-frank-reich-new-head-coach?device=featurephone
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #246 on: January 29, 2023, 12:50:03 PM »
It's Championship Sunday!

IMO, it's a four way version of rock-paper-scissors with whatever the Super Bowl ends up being.  I think the Chiefs would beat the Niners, who I think would beat the Bengals, who I think would beat the Eagles, who I think would beat the Chiefs.

In terms of my matchup of San Francisco & Cincinnati, IMO, Cincy does not want to see the 49ers.  Well, the team probably doesn't care, but there are several Cincy fans that would rather not face the NFC West champs.  Not completely due to history, but Philly is a more favorable matchup.

Here's the final spread (still subject to change for whatever reason & during the game of course):

San Francisco/Philadelphia
Eagles by 2.5
Over/Under 45.5
Niners and the Under

Cincinnati/Kansas City
Chiefs by 1.5
Over/Under 48.5
Bengals and the Under

Unlike the second game, the NFC Title Game can go either way.  I can see either team winning.  I'm loving how so many people are picking Philly for the win.  I totally love how most people go one way at the very least.  Keep it up!

The spread stayed the same throughout the week from the opening line until gametime (Eagles -2.5).  On one hand, the 49ers haven't faced this type of elite competition. On the other hand, neither has Philly.  Well, they have in Dallas.  However, they split with the Cowboys (including a win against a backup QB).  Feels like it'll be a battle where Purdy might be irrelevant but to a point where it doesn't matter.  If Hurts is a non-factor, that's a problem, and a bigger issue is how Lane Johnson holds up.

Well, the petty version of yours truly picked this game so fast that I really can't change it.  IOW, I picked the Bengals for the win outright (in a harsh way) one week before the actual game.  I don't think I do that had Mahomes not gotten hurt, but to be honest, I probably would've picked Cincy anyway.  I just would've done it closer to gametime.  The spread moved a ton; Cincinnati ended up being favored by 1.5 early to mid week, and now it's back to the late Sunday mark.  KC probably needs to go deep into whatever (like New England did against Baltimore 8 years ago) especially in the second half.  If there a bluff, then KC should be okay, but as mentioned before, I'm not going to pick against Cincinnati until the 2019 Champs beat them.  It does help that they're one of 2 teams without a conference title loss with at least one appearance.  By the way, I'm going with the under in this game as well.  Championship points are not easy to obtain unless your (road) opponent is unworthy of being there.

Feels like a 24-20 Niners winning score and a 23-21 winning score for Cincinnati.

I'm getting 2012-2013 vibes here.  Even though the Bengals made it to the Super Bowl, it feels like a decade ago where Baltimore and San Francisco feel short, but they both improved a year later.  The Niners, like in 2012, are on the road again, so I can see them escaping with a victory.  Even though I feel like SF is a bad matchup for Cincy, they can probably win out.  They should be able to do enough to win the Super Bowl.  I think they definitely will if they beat KC again after Philadelphia wins their 4th NFC title
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 12:54:08 PM by SeaBreeze341 »

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #247 on: January 29, 2023, 03:54:56 PM »
The Eagles are leading the 49ers 7-0 in the second quarter, but 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy was forced out of today's NFC Championship game with a right elbow injury.
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/49ers-brock-purdy-exits-sundays-game/

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #248 on: January 29, 2023, 06:04:18 PM »
San Francisco is the 29th team, 6th division winner, and 15th & final NFC team booted from Super Bowl contention the NFC West is done; the NFC East is the last NFC division standing, as Philadelphia will be one of 2 teams headed to Arizona for Super Bowl LVII

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #249 on: January 29, 2023, 10:03:29 PM »
Kansas City has finally done it!  Redemption for Patrick Mahomes as KC finally beats Cincinnati with Burrow.  It's Philadelphia vs Kansas City in Super Bowl 57!

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2023, 10:09:03 PM »
Andy Reid vs the Eagles.

Kelce vs Kelce.

1st time the Chiefs and Eagles have ever played each other in the playoffs.

Plenty of storylines.

Congratulations to the Eagles on winning the George Halas Trophy and the Chiefs on winning the Lamar Hunt trophy. Should be a good battle for the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2023, 10:11:57 PM »
I was right about one thing...the Super Bowl will have to go through Patrick Mahomes.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2023, 10:24:33 PM »
The spread is out.  It's not a pick em.

Philadelphia opens as a 1.5 favorite.  49.5 O/U.   Not sure that was original; before I could even hit send, it started as Eagles -2 before updating to 1.5.  I imagine 49.5 was accurate if not 50.5.

The totals are from FanDuel

Online mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2023, 10:36:29 AM »
I think from a Bengals point of view, they're not happy with that late-hit penalty call that decided the AFC Championship Game. Would the game have gone to overtime or a different outcome would have happened had the penalty not occurred? Hard to say.

From a Chiefs point of view though, they're looking to win the Super Bowl for the first time since 2020, while the Eagles are looking to win it for the first time since 2018.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #254 on: January 30, 2023, 10:37:51 PM »
Technically speaking, Kansas City was in Butker's range even without the penalty.  Chances are that KC runs another (safe) play to get closer with 8 seconds to go.

The officiating was not good.  However, I can't say Cincinnati was good overall in the AFC Title game.  They still had their chances including their final offensive possession.

While I'm leaning Philadelphia, I'm not going to pick the game right away in a similar way I did with the AFC Title game.  Too soon to tell; despite the matchup, I still see a way the AFC champs can get it done