Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/05/2007  (Read 27690 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/05/2007
« on: June 05, 2007, 02:24:41 PM »

Production #4022K - Taped May 29, 2007 (Early)

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: right to left

Handoff: Gabrielle

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Venus

1   Sunset Pendulum Swing (L&R)

ALLAN  1350
RITA *1700
TYLER 1250
MELISSA 1
($2995)

Rita from Louisville, KY plays FREEZE FRAME for a Sonoma Symphony Spa (G)

71$6650
LOSS

2   Ashley Casa Molino Dining Room Cabinet/Gold Bond Body Powder (L)

+Allan 1701
ROBERT 2500
+Tyler 1600
+Melissa 1700
OVERBID
($1027)

Melissa from Massachusetts plays IT'S IN THE BAG

$1,000$1.79*(6) Pure Silk Shaving Cream
2,00022.99*(5) Dexatrim Max (75)
4,0003.09*(4) Quilted Northern (4 Doubles)
8,0009.99*(1) Cortaid Advanced
BAILOUT4.49*(3) Glad Forceflex Trash Bags
(2) Mylanta Ultimate Strength

3   Sunlite 5 pc Drum Set/MidNite Sleep Aid (G)

+Allan 899
Robert 500
+Tyler 1040
MARY *1200
($1330)

Mary plays LUCKY SEVEN for a Pontiac Grand Prix (Std., Alarm, Prot)(R)

Picks:   4 6 7
Price:   $2 4 2 1 –
Bucks:7 7 3 0LOSS

Last digit, as is usually the case, Not Revealed.

SHOWDOWN #1
$1,370Mary30 +   5.35
2,995Rita75 stay.75Through to Showcase Round
9,067Melissa35 + 25.60

4   Butterfly Table Tennis Package/Move Free (L&R)

+Allan 600
Robert 700
+Tyler 701
TRACY (OS) *450
($578)

Tracy from North Carolina goes to a CLEARANCE SALE

(3) WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine (R)$450$1095
(2) American Tourister iLite Luggage Sets (L)12001960
(1) Corsican Rabbit Day Bed/Loving Care Formfit (G)17501399LOSS

5   John Deere Lawn Trimmer+Blower/Frontline for Dogs (G)

+Allen 525
Robert 970
+Tyler 971
ALEXANDER 850
OVERBID
($439)
STUPID 2nd BID

Allen from somewhere up north plays THAT'S TOO MUCH! for a Chevy Aveo LT (Std., AT, Alarm, BlkHtr, Prot)(L)($15,609)

$14,310
$15,140
$16,121
$17,480
$19,331

LOSS

Tyler almost committed a sin in the row a moment ago when he initially said 371 on the rebid. He got his brain back in order, but it didn't work. Now it's time to make his move, lest he end up banished to the "First Four" Breakfast Club.

Oh, the skunk? Well, he was tossed out of the building when he was spotted after the second game. No skunking today, but we still can use a win...

6   Morrow Ski/Snowboard Equipment (R)
WESLEY 925
Robert 1000
+Tyler 1200
Alexander *1
($765)

Tyler heads off to the clubhouse while Alexander, a Beach Bum from Oregon Tech, plays PICK A NUMBER for a trip to Montreal (6n @ Sheraton)(G)

Setup:$ 5 5[  ]2[1][4][8]
Pick:$ 5 5[8]2
Price:$ 5 5[1]2LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2
$479Allan50 + 65OV
618Tracy80 stay.80Through to Showcase Round
765Alexander25 + 50.75

SHOWCASE ROUND

Rita has the honor.

SC1-Tracy

(Apple) Desktop Computer (R)
Golden West Billiard Table (G)
Trip to Tokyo (6n)(R)
BID$  9,000
PRICE23,063
DIFF–14,063

SC1-Rita

HANDS
Ridgeway 221 Baker St. Grandfather Clock (G)
(Rowe Laserstar) 100 CD Jukebox (L)
Chrysler PT Cruiser (Std., AC, BlkHtr)(R)
BID$22,000
PRICE29,953
DIFF–7,953
TOTAL$32,948

Today's Pricing Games: 0 for 6 (with 1 Bailout that could have been!)

Total Winnings: $45,247

...and then, there were seven shows until Barker's Final Bow.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/05/2007
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 02:34:55 PM »
I missed out on the first game because of some breaking news.....

It's in the Bag: Oh man, that was a painful bailout...if only Melissa had kept on going....but still $8,000 is nothing to slouch at.  

Lucky Seven: I don't think Roger wanted Lucky Seven won today.  The all 5's crowd would fail today.  Tough break for Mary--the third and 4th digits killed her.  If I had to guess the last number, even though it wasn't revealed, it would have been a 9.  Correct me if I'm wrong people, but is this the third consecutive time Roger had made this game difficult in a row?

Clearance Sale: Oh man, this too was hard!  Audience didn't approve of some of Tracy's choices.  I happened to agree with Tracy on this one and we both ended up losing.

That's Too Much: [color=FF0000]THAT'S TOO FAR!!!![/color]  Mixing a Chevy Aveo plus this game would equal a possible loss.  Tough break for Allen.

Pick a Number: Alexander chose 8, I chose 4.  Neither of our guesses were right.

Showcases: Major garf bid by Tracy.  Rita gets herself a PT Cruiser along with other things.

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 02:42:14 PM »
Freeze Frame:  I had a feeling $6650 was the right price.  It sorta looked like the only reasonable price possible.

It's In The Bag:  I thought she was done for on the $16K bag and I was wanting her to quit.  I thought those bags were $6-something.  Ugh.......

That's Too Much:  THAT'S TOO BLASTED FAR!  No way is an Aveo around $19K.  I am glad to see that someone got the shouting part right. :lol:

Showcase #1:  WHAT?!??!??!  $23K for all that?  I knew the trip to Japan had business class and luxury added a bunch to it......but I didn't think it would push the total to $23K.  I had a hard enough time getting the total out of the $15K range.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 02:47:24 PM »
Willy told me about Lucky Seven when we met back up later that night... I about fell on the ground. I don't think they showed it, so the last number was 9. Yes, 9. How evil is that?

What the heck was up with that first showcase?! I don't know how that thing was $23K. I just don't know how.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Wesley... even though he didn't get up on stage, I met him in line (and signed his shirt), and he and his friends were great
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 02:51:24 PM »
Wow, my hunch was right!  Thanks heels.  Sheesh, $24,219 is a very MEAN price for a Pontiac Grand Prix.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 03:06:32 PM »
It really doesn't seem like Roger wanted a lot won today.  Freeze Frame was pretty much a tossup, Lucky $even was impossible, Clearance Sale was just weird, and Pick-a-Number was a random guess.  It's in the Bag and That's Too Much! were the only games that really had reasonable chances of being won.

And you know, that almost happened in It's in the Bag, for the first time in over a year.  I can totally understand why Melissa quit with $8,000, but it's still kind of a shame she didn't go all the way.

I'm still not totally sure what Roger was aiming for with That's Too Much!.  I can't decide whether he was trying for an easy win with an obvious price or counting on contestants not stopping on the third answer.

Tracy managed to stop the Dob with that weird-looking exerciser thingy in Clearance Sale, and yet she still lost.  Go figure.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline youhavebadbreath

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 03:13:47 PM »
heelsrule1988 wrote:
Willy told me about Lucky Seven when we met back up later that night... I about fell on the ground. I don't think they showed it, so the last number was 9. Yes, 9. How evil is that?

Unbelievable.  I think I am the only one glad to see Barker retiring.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 03:15:18 PM »
SteveGavazzi wrote:
It really doesn't seem like Roger wanted a lot won today.  Freeze Frame was pretty much a tossup, Lucky $even was impossible, Clearance Sale was just weird, and Pick-a-Number was a random guess.

I lost Freeze Frame, Lucky $even was HARD... considering most people guess 5 for the last digit, you would have needed $5 left for that... leaving room for only two digits worth of errors the rest of the game. Not going to happen.

And when is Pick-a-Number NOT a random guess? :oldlol:

IITB was semi-tragic. I would have blown it on the third bag if not the first (that's some cheap shaving cream) but if by some chance I miraculously got to where she did I would have had ZERO confidence in my guess and bailed. If she were a gambler, it would have been great to see a win, but while $16,000 is the "win" amount for this game, her haul of $8,000 is only $2K under the win for Half-Off or Punch-a-Bunch.

For the record, I went 0/6 today too. :-D

Damn, that first showcase came out of left field. Second showcase... well, I added wrong and STILL managed a Top Five finish in CSS. Mind you, nobody in the chat today went QUITE as low as $9,000 on the trip to Japan!

youhavebadbreath wrote:
I think I am the only one glad to see Barker retiring.

Since when does Bob have anything to do with how the pricing games are set up? It's the funny little man with the clipboard who's been there just as long, Mr. Roger Dobkowitz (aka "The Dob") and sometimes he has a mean streak.

[color=CC0000]MOD NOTE: Posts combined. - JC[/color]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 03:18:50 PM »
youhavebadbreath wrote:
Unbelievable.  I think I am the only one glad to see Barker retiring.

That is a completely inappropriate and utterly nonsensical reaction to Heels's post.  Bob has nothing to do with the prices of the prizes he gives away, and to say that you're glad he's leaving because of this is...well, dumb.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 03:21:24 PM »
youhavebadbreath, I agree with Steve and BuddyTom...it is an inappropriate comment.  Bob doesn't know the prices ahead of time.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 03:23:27 PM »
youhavebadbreath wrote:  Unbelievable.  I think I am the only one glad to see Barker retiring.

That's completely asinine.  There are certainly reasons for wanting to see Bob retired--he's been hosting the show for 35 years and he's getting older, so he kinda' deserves the rest.  But that's simply the most... urgh!

Can't tell you how tempting it is to abuse mod privileges and delete that, but I'm not sure it's technically against the rules.  You're not going to become very popular, anyway.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 03:26:17 PM »
youhavebadbreath wrote:
(Aw, heck, we've quoted it enough already! Why repeat it?)

Yes, you are.

Lonely, isn't it?

I think we'll leave your not-so-brilliant remark up so it can be flamed like a strip of bacon on a red-hot griddle, thus shrinking in time to nothingness.

(And I'm not allowing it in the final recap thread, period!)

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »
Melissa was a fun contestant.  Probably not the best idea to spend all the wedding money on a trip to The Price is Right--not that I can blame her--but it looks like she's getting that back anyway, so no harm, no foul
Wish they could've played Most Expensive instead of Clearance Sale.  Seems lousy to lose the SP just to make room for Clearance Sale.

That's Too Much... I don't know.  What I do know is that for the first time I can recall, I'd have actually stopped at the first price today.  Guess I need to pay more attention to the options.

I'm not going to say Freeze Frame should've been won--$7135 was my wrong guess--but it probably shouldn't have been lost the way it was.  $3517 just look completely wrong.

Did anyone else hear Rich call "Berry" instead of "Mary" for the first contestant?  I heard it, and someone I was watching with also heard it.  We can't both be losing our hearing, can we?

heelsrule1988 didn't write:  Tracy

I don't get you sometimes.  She's a model, for cryin' out loud!  So deserved the

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 04:20:54 PM »
The audience cheered when $6650 was displayed. They were right. Unfortunately Rita didn't listen.

Oh if only Melissa went all the way!  :evil: Yet I too thought the trash bags were around say $7.00.

After getting the next number right it went downhill for Mary when she guessed the next 2. Painful loss. ROGER!  :-x

I probably would do worse than Tracy. My order was the luggage, rowing machine, and the day bed. Though a bit shocked the day bed wasn't the most expensive and the luggage was.

I was with a fellow Canuck on the part of Allen to stop on $19,331. THAT'S TOO FAR for both of us.

I picked 4 Alexander picked 8. We both lost. It looked as though Roger didn't want the trip to Montreal won either.

Boy did Tracy garfed on her bid there. Though a bit off Rita still manages to win that car.

SC #2: $24,000/5,953.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 05:04:45 PM »
Unfortunately, I had to deal with some power borkages from this morning's severe thunderstorms which caused the computer I was on to keep resetting itself.  :-x  Oh well...

It's in the Bag:  This was a bad bailout here; I wanted Melissa to go for the whole silver platter too, but alas, she stopped.  I think it was hearing the prospect of LOSING $8000 had she gotten the next GP wrong that caused her to bail out.  

Clearence Sale:  This is one of the more easier games on the show, but Roger decides to make this setup evil today; thus, a GoldenBulldog Special is in order.  

That's too Much:  Chevy Aveo + TTM = Forced Loss  :-(

Now, I don't wish to debate with Joe_Capitano here, but I'm kind of neutral on the whole "skunking" situation.  Yes, there was a bailout, which technically gets rid of the skunk.  However, I still believe that you have to fully WIN your pricing games in order to rid Studio 33 of Pepe le Pew.  As I said in chat this morning, I'm gonna call this one a "Doughnut Situation" rather than a true skunking.  To quote a famous commercial:  You make the call!  :-D  

As for my reactions to the Showcases, see my post in today's CSS thread.  

OVERALL SHOW GRADE:  C+
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.