Author Topic: 2023 NFL Season  (Read 18805 times)

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Re: 2023 NFL Season
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2024, 06:20:47 AM »
Line is now back at 49ers giving 2 with the public bet at 71% to 29% in K.C.'s favor. Elsewhere, Lamar Jackson was named NFL Most Valuable Player while 49ers Christian McCaffrey won NFC Offensive Player of the Year.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 07:27:24 AM by Ccook »
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #196 on: February 09, 2024, 11:32:37 PM »
No surprise about Lamar winning his second MVP, and in terms of not being surprised, it wasn't 50 for 50.  I had a hunch someone would vote for Josh Allen. or someone else (CMC).

Meanwhile, Cleveland pretty much had a great night, including Myles Garrett finally winning the DPOY
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2024, 11:51:17 AM »
Here comes the NFL version of Did You Know.

Just in time for the 58th annual Super Bowl (Modern Day NFL Championship Game)

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2024, 02:04:38 PM »
This morning the public bet on the O/U was dead even. It's now at 51% for the under. The biggest fluctuations over the last few days have been on the spread and the moneyline. This morning the spread public bet was 67% for the Chiefs and the moneyline public bet 66%. As of just about 2 PM EST, the spread bet hasn't changed but the moneyline public bet is now at 61% on the Chiefs. Straight up, the spread is 1.5 in favor of the 49ers and the moneyline has the 49ers at -120. O/U stays at 47.5.

Chiefs WR Kadarius Toney is not expected to play.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2024, 04:52:57 PM »
In non Super Bowl news, though related due to the venue and an individual who has played in the most of them, it appears that Tom Brady, who has a future with FOX, is expected to become a minority owner for the Las Vegas Raiders.  I'm not sure if it'll be a big deal or not, but apparently there are rules prohibiting people from owning a team & appearing on TV when the team is playing.  IOW, calling a game.  That was mentioned elsewhere, but while it seems professional, no source was linked to his post.

In Super Bowl related news, while I already picked a champion in the summer, Kansas City +1.5 to +2.5 and the under is the side.  Feels like a 23-22 or 24-22 score in favor of the NFC Champion, but smart money means Kansas City isn't having a team get to 20 (nobody got to 30 against them, and so far in the biggest games they haven't made a mistake)

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2024, 05:43:33 PM »
Public bet as of near 6 PM EST is now at 53% on the under. Spread is now at 2.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2024, 08:41:18 PM »
That halftime show was very...disjointed. Started off great, fell flat once they move to the stage. It's almost as if they needed the guests to keep people from getting bored.

Usher has a lot of great stuff; that wasn't a great representation of it. I think he tried to cram too much in, many of the songs seemed like they cut out too soon.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2024, 11:51:56 PM »
wow I am so happy used tracker to record the end instead of extra half hour. on the bad news I have three different 'tapes'. (to keep each tape under 3 hours which is the practical limit of the providers DVR before it starts bugging) that overtime was extreme and amazing play to the end of the quarter.

Online GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #203 on: February 12, 2024, 09:20:53 AM »
i wonder which version of the broadcast got more viewers: the regular CBS one or the Spongebob one on Nickelodeon

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #204 on: February 12, 2024, 10:31:10 AM »
Way too early dept.: San Francisco is a 5:1 favorite to win Super Bowl LIX.

As for overnights, an estimated 39 million tuned into CBS last night which is up 6% from last year. Nickelodeon's ratings were not available although fans were clamoring "it's about time" when the "Sweet Victory" number was done at halftime. The fans were petitioning to have it performed on the 2019 Super Bowl halftime Nick telecast after show creator Stephen Hillenberg died.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2024, 10:38:12 AM »
For a second, I read that as 39 Million viewers.  Which was saddening for a second since I expect a much, much higher total.  I don't know if it'll be record breaking due to the Nickelodeon factor, but another factor (or two) might actually make a difference

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2024, 11:41:07 AM »
For a second, I read that as 39 Million viewers.  Which was saddening for a second since I expect a much, much higher total.  I don't know if it'll be record breaking due to the Nickelodeon factor, but another factor (or two) might actually make a difference

Especially since the very first one had 41 million viewers (over two networks), and the total audience was that much smaller back then :)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2024, 12:42:56 PM »
Several years ago, San Francisco and Kansas City met up for the Super Bowl and San Francisco choked.   

It happened again, but with a different twist: a blocked extra point.   A turnover on special teams when it came to Kansas City punting away the ball in the second half.   Patrick Mahomes being Patrick Mahomes when it came to being in a pinch.

Yeah you had to play MISTAKE free football against Kansas City no matter what regular season or postseason.   

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #208 on: February 12, 2024, 01:43:17 PM »
When all the platforms (CBS, Paramount+, Nickelodeon) come into play once final numbers are tallied, SB58 will be expected to surpass the 115 million of last year's Chiefs-Eagles tilt.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #209 on: February 12, 2024, 02:53:37 PM »
No surprise that some of the headlines are sighting Taylor Swift in terms of the (only) reason for the total in what should set a new viewership record.  Not sure if it'll topple a 42-year ratings record.  I agree that it should make the difference since this game was a rematch from 4 years ago, but some of the articles I've seen suggest that the game would not have been great without her, which isn't true