Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 41 (and Celebrity S4) Discussion Thread  (Read 15754 times)

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Only two more weeks until the 41st season of Wheel of Fortune begins! It's going to be hard to top the last two seasons (S39 with its $100,000 wins and the return of Changing Keys, S40 with XL and some new theme weeks).

Celebrity Wheel could be a different story this time. It is also expected to start soon, though the WGA strike may affect the schedule. Tape dates and any cancellations are being posted on Buy A Vowel.

Of course we know, Pat Sajak will be retiring from the show after this season. Another thing to note is that the 7th episode of the season will mark 40 years since nighttime Wheel's debut! It's also 40 years since the introduction of the famous $5,000 space.

As usual, I'm hoping for something great to happen this season!
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 41 (and Celebrity S4) Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 01:23:09 PM »
Two weeks for the civilian version to start?   Wow.  This was that fast man!

I heard that $40,000 is the mainstay minimum now?

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 03:46:15 PM »
^Yes, $40,000 is the minimum cash amount now. They're no longer doing the minimum matches the season number thing.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 12:04:27 PM »
That's for the best since that was a pointless waste.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2023, 09:37:35 PM »
The start of Season 41, and the puzzles in this maingame were very hard!   Even some of the popular letters were duds in several of these puzzles!

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2023, 10:10:39 PM »
I thought that Vanna was going to be m.i.a. for a few shows because she was COVID-stricken...it seems they're airing that out of order.

On the other hand, it was nice to see a Million Dollar Bonus Round to start the season. Here's hoping a Million Dollar Winner will be crowned before Sajak completes the season...
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2023, 10:27:16 PM »
They did push it back; I'm guessing they didn't want to start the season with a Vanna-less week.
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2023, 09:40:52 AM »
It looks like Wheel is just standing "Pat" with the rules, Wheel layouts (including the BR), graphics/sound package, and the like for the final season. The MDW is still no longer held by a family member or friend in the audience at the start of the BR like it was pre-COVID as was established last season. Too bad our first Bonus Land contestant couldn't taste victory there.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2023, 01:38:55 PM »
We went a full week without a cringe worthy Trip Puzzle. Even Monday and Friday didn't push it as far as I've seen in the past. :P

A HAPPY-GO-LUCKY GUY (Person)
ELVES AND HOBBITS (Characters)
THE COMPLETE WORKS OF WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE (Title)
COFFEE-TABLE BOOK (Around The House)
DID I JUST SEE WHAT I THINK I SAW? (Phrase)
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2023, 04:44:04 PM »
I do think the puzzle should have some kind of relation to taking a trip/vacation or the location though. Elves and Hobbits was a really random puzzle for a trip to Italy particularly.

We're off to an 0 for 5 start in the bonus round this season, with at least two going viral for not making sense as puzzles.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2023, 11:30:58 AM »
We're off to an 0 for 5 start in the bonus round this season, with at least two going viral for not making sense as puzzles.

The WHAT ARE YOU DOING Bonus puzzle was one of those two weird puzzles IMO.

I thought the contestant on Friday picked right with the category: FOOD and DRINK over THING and PHRASE.    Bellamie put the landmine in FOOD and DRINK.  Unbelievable.

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 02:09:53 PM »
I don't know if I'd call it a "landmine" when all four of CDMA fill in half the puzzle. For the average player, it would look like a forced win.
________

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2023, 02:47:57 PM »
Per news sources that include Variety this afternoon, Vanna has settled her contract dispute and will remain as the co-host until 2026.

As other changes for the show, Alex Van Wagner (ABC's Shark Tank & Holey Moley, NBC’s The Voice, and NBCUniversal’s The Kelly Clarkson Show) is the show's new director following the retirement of Robert Ennis. And Maggie Sajak will be expanding her role as the show’s social media correspondent with a recurring “Fan Fridays” segment.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 02:56:24 PM by jude_este »

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2023, 07:40:54 PM »
7 shows in and NO bonus round win. WHY is this happening? This is unacceptable.

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2023, 09:47:07 PM »
7 shows in, and I think the Round 3 puzzle and the trip are now simply unrelated. There may be special weeks that do use themes in the future.
________