Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 41 (and Celebrity S4) Discussion Thread  (Read 15984 times)

GameShowFan9001, PGS25 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 41 (and Celebrity S4) Discussion Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2024, 02:47:39 AM »
Great we got skunked this week.   UGH.   

Jason, your pick of WHAT ARE YOU DOING...was a bad pick.   They anticipated somebody picking this category because there were several booby traps in this tough puzzle: they obviously put the G as a wasted letter pick, AND the O was a LANDMINE pick because that last word was either or.   

I said FIXING MY ROOM during the 10 seconds...UGH.   ...and if only Jason did NOT forfeit the Wild Card to the Bankrupt...

Online GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2024, 03:49:21 PM »
Richie.... we gotta talk

every time i see a new message in this thread, it's you complaining about the bonus round

we're late into the season, so budget mode's to be expected (despite the guaranteed trip every episode with the Prize Puzzle still being a thing)

is there anything POSITIVE you can say about the show?

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2024, 10:34:10 AM »
I think Pat missed a repeated letter call for a consonant that was in the puzzle again. He did the same thing on the 8th, and yesterday's show had a cut to him suggesting a possible edit.

Maybe it's time for him to consider retirement and Sony to post a job opening. :P
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2024, 11:11:28 AM »
Look guys I’m sorry.  If I’ve been more negative on this board lately, I do humbly apologize to all of you.   I have been a bit grumpy lately especially with our recent streak of losses in Bonus Land.   I’ll really tone it down.

But lately the last two shows we’ve seen some contestants do very well in the main game, especially Friday’s.   At least everybody won over $11,000 that day.    And I was able to catch up on Monday’s show because I’m visiting Europe with my Mom for two weeks, we had two nice totals.   And I have to be very careful on using data in Europe it does cost some serious moolah.   

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2024, 11:11:40 PM »
We finally get a much needed victory in Bonus Land!

I was relieved when Mary picked EVENT over THING and WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

I was literally scared when it was a one worder and only two letters popped up, but Mary picked some smart letters and I got this with her picks!

With the way Pat looked at the envelope, I thought it was the big one Mary hit but a car was still nice.    Thank you Mary!   Nice solve!

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2024, 11:44:54 PM »
Mary Catherine first appeared as a contestant that was really to rout the competition.  Pretty flawless early on, and getting the $1,000,000 wedge immediately, but before immediately losing it after that.  So I guess I was okay that it wasn't actually the big prize that she won, but winning the third puzzle more than helped this evening
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Online whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2024, 09:35:44 PM »
Sigh...another night, another $100,000 loss...
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2024, 09:46:25 PM »
Sigh...another night, another $100,000 loss...

Just saw it…I admit I had A VIDEO…I didn’t have POSTING.    I felt bad for not solving this one.

I don’t know how many losses PHRASE has in Bonus Land.  I have a hunch it’s 41, but if somebody can do stats that would be perfect.  As for WHAT ARE YOU DOING, that loss was it’s 20th of this season.   THING is stuck in neutral for 9 losses, and I think PLACE has 10 losses.

We had a good maingame though despite the unfortunate.    Over $50,000 won between all three contestants.

It’s too bad the first player didn’t have the chance at the million though…although it was VERY close between first and second.   Had he had the shot at the million, he would have been dealt the RAW deal list.

Oh one more thing, I just checked the YouTube comments on the latest Wheel of Fortune video…the famous bot and the minions are really taking over.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 09:56:32 PM by Richie »

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2024, 11:34:58 PM »
Believe it or not, Brooke (the one that lost the $100,000 on this Wednesday’s show) replied to my comment on YouTube.    She was actually very nice.   I decided to ask her a couple of questions on her experience.   I’ll update this comment later on.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2024, 10:44:41 AM »
Well peeps.   Only 35 taping shows left before we bid adieu to Pat Sajak.

We added 2 Bonus Land victories this past week.   We are currently at 54 victories for season 41, with 4 of those wins $100,000 hits and 2 $75,000 hits.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2024, 01:51:47 AM »
I liked tonight’s main game.   Everybody winning over $10,000 a piece!   All three contestants did very well tonight and I was glad player 3 got two of the triple tossups and the speed up to finish with something very sweet.

I’ve noticed PHRASE has been taking a break lately from the category menu.   The champ had PLACE/ THING/ EVENT and it’s been a while since we’ve had that category menu.

We’ve had three past consecutive $50,000 misses in Bonus Land.   Jeff you were smart to pick smart letters and I had that one too!   Congrats on your $50,000 hit!

Online PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2024, 07:34:52 PM »
Tonight's show is a perfect example of why this show comes down to luck and choices.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2024, 01:34:28 AM »
Tonight's show is a perfect example of why this show comes down to luck and choices.

It was a very tight competition between the ladies and Shannon managed to squeak one out by a few hundred bucks in the main game.   The only downer to that was she did forfeit the Wild Card to the Bankrupt in round 3.   She might have needed it for Bonus Land though.   (I still managed to get the puzzle but it was tricky)

Online PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2024, 07:33:13 PM »
Kate made up for losing nearly $30,000 to the bankrupt in round 1. Too bad it still stings, and losing the $100,000 on a very obvious bonus puzzle made that sting 1,000 times more painful. It was right in front of her, and she just DID NOT see it.

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2024, 11:04:21 PM »
Why is it so hard for us to win the Bonus Round more than twice a week? This seriously reminds me of early 2010's Price when we rarely saw more than 2 out of 6 games won.

And we can't even go a week without a $100K loss anymore! I'm actually glad I missed this one because of the NFL Draft.