Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/12/2007  (Read 30721 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/12/2007
« on: June 12, 2007, 02:16:22 PM »

Production #4032K - Taped June 4, 2007 (Early)

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: right to left

Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Attitudes

1   His/Hers Golf Equipment (L)

NICHOLE 899
LAURA 1250
SEAN 900
JULIE *1251
($2585)

Julie plays PUSHOVER for a trip to Lech, Austria (via Innsbruck; 6n @ Gotthard)(All)

Setup:8 2 0 1 6 9 3 5 0
Pick:8 2 0 1[6 9 3 5]
Price:$6935   WIN!

2   Danby Silhouette 51-bottle Wine Cooler/Unisom SleepGels (G)

+Nichole 850
+Laura 1800
+Sean *851
EDDIE 450
($999)

Sean, a laid-back Beach Bum, plays HOLE IN ONE (or two) for a Ford Explorer XLT (Std.)(G)($25,995)

(6) (Westbrae Natural) Salad Beans$.99
(1) (Francesco Rinaldi) Pasta Sauce1.99
(4) Glad Press & Seal Wrap2.99
(5) Ultra Downy Fabric Softener6.99
(3) Gold Bond Cream4.89
(2) Garlique Supplement (30)

Bob's Last Inspiration Putt (in Regulation): pushed right.

Sean's Putt(s) from Line 4: just pushed right, catches the left lip and goes in.   WIN!

3   Corona Gardening Equipment/Capzasin HP (R)

+Nichole 451
+Laura *452  
JOHN 450
Eddie 785
($742)

Laura plays CLIFF HANGERS for a Hoverjet GT Hovercraft (G)($15,815)

Spring Float Pool Lounge$15$205 to 5
Toy ATM Machine Bank37307 to 12
Ionic Pet Brush274013 to 25   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1
$9,520Julie10 + 85.95Through to Showcase Round
16,647Laura75 + 80OV
27,034Sean45 + 30.75

4   Nirve His/Hers Sport Cruisers (G&L)

+Nichole *776
ANNA 775  
John 400
Eddie 575
($1060)

Nichole, a cute little Beach Bumette from Pittsburgh, PA plays BONKERS for a Brass Beds of Virginia Queen Size Brass Bed and a Dormia Sleep Set (R)

8 5 7 2Time
1.L H H H:25
2.L H L H:13
3.L H L L:09
4.L L L L:00LOSS

5   2 GE Digital Cameras (from above)

ELAINE 1200
Anna 900
John *600
Eddie 800
($618)

John from somewhere around E. Rutherford, NJ plays SWITCH?

Howard Miller Arendal Floor Clock (G)$2899$3655
(Vectra) Home Gym (R)$3655SWITCH!$2899WIN!

6   2 Robinson & Robinson Easytrend Recliners/Gold Bond Body Powder (L)

Elaine 925
Anna *1051
BRYAN 995
Eddie 1050
($2200)

Anna plays COVER UP for a Chevy Impala LS (Std., BlkHtr)(G)

Setup 21st Try[2][1][4][9][5]   WIN!
0 6
2 9 3
8 4 1 5
2 1 0 3 4
  3 0 1 2 0
$4 7 6 4 9

SHOWDOWN #2
$1,060Nichole50 +   5.55
7,172John95 stay.95Through to Showcase Round
23,755Anna50 + 30.80

SHOWCASE ROUND

Rita has the honor.

SC1-Julie

CLARA CLEANITUP, CUSTODIAN (R)
Hamilton Beach Small Appliances (L)
(Apple) Desktop Computer (G)
Fleetwood Wilderness Scout 240RK Travel Trailer (L)
BID$22,000
PRICE28,163
DIFF–6,163

SC2-John

(GE Profile) 30" Electric Range (G)
Broyhill 100th Anniversary Dining Group
Noritake Chalet Dinnerware/Alere Stemware (L)
Story & Clark Baby Grand Piano (G)
BID$19,500
PRICE19,963
DIFF–463
TOTAL$27,145

Today's Pricing Games: 5 for 6 (...if only Nichole had moved that one disc toward heaven!)

Total Winnings: $105,161

...and then, there were two shows until Barker's Final Bow.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/12/2007
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 02:34:09 PM »
This was a great show today.

Push Over: Julie's guess was my guess: $6935.  She's going to Austria!

IUFB 2: Sean one-ups Nichole.

Hole in One: When Sean put the Downy before the Gold Bond Cream, I had a sinking feeling he was going to putt from the 4th line and I was right.
Bob's Last Inspiration putt: just missed!  Oh boy I really wanted him to go out with style.
Sean's first putt: OUCH!  He made up with the second putt.

IUFB 3: Laura one-ups Nichole.

Cliffhangers: Laura didn't have a problem with the first two prizes.  The last prize: pet brush was $40.  Laura said $27.  I had a feeling Hans would stop at 25.  The Peanut Gallery on the other hand did NOT like Laura's guess on the pet brush and strongly disapproved.  Hans stopped on 25!  Nice win Laura!  I think the Peanut Gallery was blue in the face for believing that Laura lost Cliffhangers.

Bonkers: Nichole was pretty and nice!  But however, this was the low point of the show in my honest opinion.  After Nichole's first round, she starts polling the Peanut Gallery, which is a NO-NO.  I was pretty disappointed with Nichole's playing--looking out to "Them" cost her dearly.

Switch: EASY.  I said SWITCH--John said SWITCH.  He wins!

Cover Up: Anna nails it all on one try!  Great job!

I wanted either Anna or John to win the showdown---John got the honors.

Showcases: FRT shoots down Julie!  John makes an excellent bid winning over $27,000 in prizes!

....if only Nichole didn't poll the Peanut Gallery in Bonkers, we would have had a perfect show.

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 02:34:12 PM »
Push Over:  $6935 kinda looked like the only reasonable choice outta that group.

Cliffhangers:  Wow........I thought our beloved mountain climber was going over for a moment.

Bonkers:  WHAT?!??!?!  Don't look at the audience, gal!

Cover Up:  Wow!  Nice win Anna!

Showcase reveals:  What a fakeout. :lol:  I thought we were gonna have something like yesterday.  But wow.....good bidding John!

Overall:  Great show today!

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 02:45:20 PM »
Rich had barely finished saying Eddie's name when Bob started talking over him.  If there's one thing I hope the next host doesn't do is talk when the contestants are coming on down.

Sean was a pretty fun guy.  He was quick to decide his guesses in Hole in One and had some good interaction with Bob.

Speaking of Hole in One, I assume this was it's final playing for the season, and 'tis truly too bad that Bob didn't make his final putt.

Still speaking of Hole in One, something seemed weird about the GP plugs.  It almost seemed like part of it had been dubbed or something, but something didn't look right.

I'm wondering if somebody tipped Laura with a price exactly $13 off on the pet brush for the sole intention of making the mountain climber go as high as he could.  Nevertheless, I know some people here would be impressed with that.

Funny how most people seem to get the whole "ignore the audience" thing in Race Game but not Bonkers!.  I think it should be made a better part of the explanation of the rules that the player is working against time.  Nichole didn't stand much of a chance of winning the way she played.  I don't know why she deliberated so much on making the first digit higher.

To borrow from Heels, Anna! :-D

Speaking of Anna, I don't generally like it when Cover Up contestants don't use the Cover Up Strategy, but it's a whole lot more forgivable when they get the price right on the first guess.

I really don't like this new thing with the three CNAOS standing up at the mics during the camera pan.  The mics seem obtrusive in the shot, and it's just begging for people in the background to do the whole "wave and look at me" thing.

Guess Stan and Adam go through a lot of Showcase ideas. :oldlol:

The Showcase reveal was very weird.  I think Bob must have thought that John had slightly overbid or something to have revealed his price first, because otherwise, it wouldn't have made any sense.  Even then, it still didn't make sense the way it was done.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 02:55:23 PM »
Bob partially misread John's Showcase as $19,663 before correcting himself. John looked as if he was reacting to the notion he'd won both Showcases.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 03:01:20 PM »
Bonkers was incredibly frustrating. We had a great shot at a perfect show, and then Nichole blows it by constantly looking to the audience. DON'T DO THAT!!!

Whoa... I thought we were going to see a second straight DSW. That would have been amazing.

HOTTIES: #308, Julie; #309, Laura; #310, Nichole; #311, Anna (wow) :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Laura
SHOW GRADE: 3

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 03:06:28 PM »
Not as good as yesterday's show but still a delight to see!

Hole in 1 (or 2): I believe that's three times in three weeks it has been played.  Bob's final inspiration putt and he missed.  Too bad for him, but at least Sean made it.

Cliff Hangers: An EXACTA for me.  I was worried about the last price that Laura gave, but she won and that's good enough for me.

Bonkers: I can't believe she looked at the audience.  Don't look at the audience for these timed games is probably the 2nd most important rule to remember (behind the Ten Chances rule).  This caused a perfect show!  I don't get why many people don't look to the audience during Race Game but do look at the audience for Bonkers.

Cover Up: Great win by Anna, although I am hoping to see a contestant that employs the Cover Up strategy.

SC1: My Bid: $26,475 / Diff: $1,688
SC2: My Bid: $17,203 / Diff: $2,733

Speaking of SC2, I thought John would be a DSW.  However, $19,6-- was not the right price, and the right price was accidentally misread.

5 for 6...if only Nichole didn't poll the audience  :-(

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »
Push Over: I was looking for a number between 3000 and 7000 and/or ending in 0. Since 6935 was the only one, I went with that.

Hole in One (... or Two): I was on the right track with the Gold Bond. Then I would've gone on with the Downy. I cannot explain the putting in words; all I can say is that I hoped Bob and Sean make their putts. Then the audience would explode again with applause.

Cliff Hangers: Ah, the good ol' 20-30-40 setup. Always works for me.
I cannot lie: I actually said 25 for the Spring Float, then went 30-40. I was actully worried the mountain climber was going to fall off after the pet brush. When he stopped on 25, I stopped, then calculated the difference. I was ready to fall and realized I was okay. Close Call.

Bonkers: Nichole was doing okay until after the first try. Then she started looking at Them which made me more bonkers than the game itself. I was about to go on a rampage when she did not win. (...)

Switch?: I felt a nice calm after that nerve-racking Bonkers. I calmy wanted the prices switch with great spirits.

Cover Up: One time? That's it? With help from the audience?

The Bonkers loss is coming back. I was saying some harsh things in a harsh voice such as, "How could you, Nichole?! Of all the things NOT to do on Bonkers, you do it and it cost us a Perfect Show!" The bitterness continued until Bob gave his words about it.

Showcases: Recently, we had good Showcase difference, with a DSW over another good bid. Then today's, with John's difference, I almost skipped a beat (I'm sure John and the Peanut Gallery did, too) when I thought the difference would be around 160-something. Then when Bob corrected himself, I'll bet there were some disapointments that were not noticed. If John's difference was 160-something, they wouldn't hype him up thinking he may have won both of them while Julie made a better bid, like that 30-29 moment. Despite all this confusing hoopla, John did make a very good bid.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 03:35:31 PM »
Whammy, I was thinking the same thing too...."How could you cost us a perfect show, Nichole?!"

Concerning the Bonkers setup: it was not that bad at all: it was either LHLH or LLLH in my honest opinion.  Nichole just flat out CHOKED in the game.  I was screaming "DON'T POLL THE AUDIENCE!!" when she did.  I shook my head in dispair when she lost.  Apparently, I rooted against Nichole in the showdown---I didn't find her worthy of going to the showcase after her disappointing playing of Bonkers.

Offline umbchockeypa08

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 03:43:42 PM »
I don't usually do many of these, but...yours truly was in the audience for this taping! My dad and I arrived in line around 6:00 PM, and we received wristbands #73 and #74 at 6:00 AM the following morning. There were two lines in front of CBS, which was odd to us, since we were accustomed to seeing only the one line that runs from the pedestrian gate down on Fairfax towards Farmer's Market. The line for the 1:15 taping was directed around the corner towards Beverly Blvd., while the 4:30 taping (and those who were waiting in line for the next days' tapings) were in the usual line.

When all of us were on the last set of benches before heading into the studio, I saw someone who I thought was "The Dob" walking through a gate towards The Grove shopping area. My dad and I both looked at each other, and we confirmed that it was our beloved producer. So, when he came back through the gate, I yelled, "Yeah, Dob!", and he looked around for a moment, saw my dad and I waving, and gave us a smile and a wave back in return. That was pretty cool!

We were seated in the sixth row, towards the left as you watch on screen. (I'm wearing a gray and gold UMBC Hockey shirt, and my dad has on a red TPIR logo shirt.) I caught a glimpse of us during some of the intro and a few of the COD's as I watched the show today. It seemed that we were just outside of the frame on most of the One-Bids.

To the gameplay:

Pushover: Most of the audience, including myself, were shouting for $6935. Job well done.

Hole in One (or Two): This was the first time I had seen HIO in person in the five tapings I've been to. I thought Sean was going to lip-out on both of his putts, but I was relieved to see the ball curl in at the last moment.

Cliff Hangers: I was thinking 25/30/40 for the prizes; I wouldn't have done too badly. Another close call, but still a win nonetheless.

During the break after Cliffy, some of the audience members started up the "Perfect Show!" chant, which Rich got hold of and mentioned to Bob. Good to see some fellow LFAT's in the crowd. It might have also been during this break that Bob introduced one of the VIP's from Fremantle Media sitting towards the front. I can't remember her name or affiliation with the company at the moment.

Bonkers: My first inclination was L,H,L,H. When I saw Nichole consulting the crowd, I leaned over to my dad and said, "She's not supposed to look at the audience during Bonkers! Get moving!" At least was able to get four shots at it, though.

Switch?: Admittedly, I was one of those people saying to leave the prices alone. Shows you what I know.

Cover Up: I was thinking $21,492 for a first guess, but I looked over at Fingers, who was controlling the lights on the game board, and when I saw her switch on all five numbers, I was ecstatic for Anna's perfecto!

Showcases: Playing along, I had about $24,000 for the trailer and $19,000 for the dining room/range/piano. When Bob revealed the ARP for SC1, all I could hear was "Nineteen thousand, six...", because right after that, the entire audience started cheering, having thought John had the DSW. I glanced over at Rich's podium, and his face was in a state of shock at first, then turned to confusion, as he must have also thought that John DSW'd. When the $463 difference appeared on the podium, I was thoroughly confused, as well as most of the audience, I assume. When we were filing out, the hot button issue was John's DSW, or lack thereof. At the time, I thought that Bob must have read the price wrong, and now after watching today, my thoughts were confirmed.

It was another fun taping process for me. I met some very nice people in line, I got to witness Chuck's brilliant work as one of the pages for the processing process, and the masterful work of Bob, Rich, and the entire TPIR staff. It was a blast!
Alum of UMBC & Broadcasting Institute of Maryland

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 03:56:08 PM »
So Push Over did get played one more time. And whatever happened last time with the blocks must have gotten fixed...nice win.

Well, I got my wish that Hole in One would get another playing, and it did....but Bob missed his putt. Let's hope that this game got subbed in until he did make it.  :P Close putt on Sean's, too....

Cliff: $20.....$30.....hmmm..... I had a feeling it would go up to the 25, which made for a nice finish!

Bonkers was painful, to say the least. $9,000 for a bed??? Surfboards, maybe.....I realize she didn't go with higher than the 8, but she thought about it....this should have been won in 4 chances at the very max...not to mention no audience help....

That was a good decision in Switch.....obviously, since he won. :-P

Anna (:-D) finished out the games on a great note! 9 as the 4th number....if I ever played this game, I'd be too busy trying to stop the Dob, even if he made it easy...

As others have said, what the heck was up with that reveal...I really wondered after Bob had said the price wrong at first (woulda been a possible DSW if that was right), but then.....I don't know.

A very nice show, despite.....some things.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 04:09:03 PM »
Roger sure is slotting Hole in One a lot these past few weeks.  Guess he wants to give the game a good run before Bob leaves.

$21,495 in Cover Up... Roger wanted to make sure that got won.

Richie wrote:  IUFB 2: Sean one-ups Nichole.
IUFB 3: Laura one-ups Nichole.

What about when Nichole one-upped Anna?  Or Anna one-upped Eddie?  Now I'll never know about those one-uppings, since you forgot those :P.

Almost Everyone wrote:  Why did Bob reveal the showcase prices in the wrong order?

Well I, for one, loved how Bob did it!  Usually, it's all predictable... when Bob reveals the first showcase to have a sub-$1000 difference, it always means the other contestant won, very often with a double showcase win.  This was a nice curveball thrown at us today... gotta' admit I thought Julie had it won when John was revealed to be only $463 away, and I think it's good for Bob and Roger to keep us on our toes like that!

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 04:17:06 PM »
Oh thanks Frank....forgot about Nichole one-upping Anna and Anna one-upping Eddie.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 04:35:15 PM »
My comments on Bob's last Tuesday airing.  :cry: I only caught up right to the showcases but I taped it.

$6935. That's what everybody said including me.

Is it just me or did the audience applauded once the price the fabric softener was revealed not even knowing Sean did something wrong with the order of those grocery products. I hate it when Bob misses his inspiration putt. It's too bad cause it's most likely that this would be the last one played before Bob retires. Sean's putts weren't really that perfect. In the second one it needed a little help from the left side of the hole. Nonetheless he won the car.

I don't know why Laura thought of guessing $27 on the pet brush.  :roll: That mountain climber barely hung on there for her to squeak in a win. Though it wasn't pretty.

I wanted Laura to win the first showcase showdown but I knew who was going win anyway.

If Nichole would have not pulled the audience then we would have ourselves a perfect show. Nice going Nichole!  :roll:

I probably would do the same thing as John. Switch the prices as well.

With help from friends and the audience Anna pulled out a win by getting the price of car exactly on the first try. Great playing!

I wanted Anna to win the second showcase showdown but once again I knew who was going to win.

When I heard Bob say $19,6-- I thought it would be the same scenario as 30 vs 29 result. Of course to my disappointment and many others as well he misread the reveal and that the actual price was $19,963. Well since John made a spectacular  bid regardless I was now hoping for the same one that happen yesterday with Julie getting a better bid. Sadly it didn't happen as she was way off in her showcase leading to John to celebrate his win with friends of his.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 04:35:35 PM »
Richie wrote:  Oh thanks Frank....forgot about Nichole one-upping Anna and Anna one-upping Eddie.

*slaps forehead*

Sigh...