Author Topic: Stu's Show - Bob Barker Tribute (November 22, 2023)  (Read 717 times)

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
Stu's Show - Bob Barker Tribute (November 22, 2023)
« on: November 10, 2023, 12:22:46 PM »
Stu and his guests are going to salute Bob Barker on Thanksgiving Eve! And more...

"It's the annual Thanksgiving Eve extravaganza - the traditional program that features the show's resident media critics, and this time we're also welcoming back the wonderful Mark Maxwell-Smith, as the four of us pay tribute to the world's greatest television emcee, Bob Barker! Mr. Barker left the planet last August, just shy of his 100th birthday. He gave Mark his first writing job back in the early 70s, which eventually led him to become one of the top game show packagers in the industry. Your genial host got his start in the business as an audience booker on "Truth or Consequences", and Steve was fortunate to do a mini-interview with Bob back in 2003. Wes will offer an oral history of Bob's legacy as one of TV's most durable personalities, plus we'll have loads of rare clips of Bob in action that haven't been seen in years. Following our presentation, we'll get down to discussing current television topics including the continued decline of over-the-air television and whether streaming is really getting the numbers it claims to be getting, the whole Charter Communications/Disney mess... and what it means for television's future, plus a few others...and we'll read your e-mails! It's the best way to kick off the official holiday season!"

https://stusshow.com/

I don't know how long the tribute will last let alone how much Price is Right content will be featured or mentioned, but if you're planning to e-mail and ask questions about Bob, Price is Right, etc., I'd recommend that the e-mails are sent in by next Friday or next weekend at the latest prior to the recording session.

Offline tpirfansince1972

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Stu's Show - Bob Barker Tribute (November 22, 2023)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 10:05:01 AM »
Thank you for this heads up!  I'll definitely be tuning in for that!