Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/13/2007  (Read 30288 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/13/2007
« on: June 13, 2007, 02:12:29 PM »

Production #4033K - Taped June 4, 2007 (Late)

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: mixed - James B. was a bit pushy  

Handoff: Lanisha

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Adrianna Papell

1   Ocean Kayak Malibu 2XL Kayak (G)

3-JAMES B. 700
1-KRISTEN 875
2-ERIN 925
4-TEZZA *926
($1077)

Tezza plays CHECK GAME for a (Mitsubishi) 65" Projection HDTV (R)

Check:$2126
Price:  3998
Total:$6124LOSS

2   Cool Heat Patio Palm Patio Heater/Clorox Bleach (R)

+James B. 650
+Kristen 950
+Erin *951
TYLER 895
($995)

Erin plays IT'S IN THE BAG

$1,000$.59*(1) (Nabisco Chips Ahoy!) Cookies (snack)
2,00022.99*(3) Dexatrim Max (75)
4,0001.79*(2) Pure Silk Shaving Cream
LOSS7.79X(6) Purina Beneful Dog Food (box)(worthless)
5.49X(5) Gold Bond Body Powder ($7.79)
(4) (ReachAct) Mouthwash ($5.49)

3   Healthy Gourmet Waterless Cookware/Ultra Downy (L)

+James B. 300
+Kristen *775
MILLICENT 750
Tyler 600
($2495)
STUPID BID

Kristen from St. Louis, MO plays MORE OR LESS

Trip to Nashville (6n @ Sheraton)$5100LESS$4433*
Trip to Honolulu (NWA Vacations; 6n @ Marriott)7150MORE5309LOSS
Trip to Lisbon (6n)
Ford Fusion S (Std.)(G)

Where did she think she'd be staying? A gold-gilded penthouse? Total waste of a decent setup.

SHOWDOWN #1
$1,035Erin  70 stay.70
1,077Tezza  60 + 65OV
6,968Kristen1001.00*$1000*   Bonus 25   Through to Showcase Round

4   Pulaski Regal Royale Desk/Pine Sol Cleaner (G)

+James B. *1202
JAMES F. 1200
Millicent 1700
Tyler 1201
($1497)

James B., the last of the "First Four", plays FREEZE FRAME for 2 Yamaha TTR125LW Offroad Motorcycles (L&R)

70$5198
LOSS

5   Eugene Biro Sapphire/Diamond Ring (L-in the Row)

THERESA 1700
James F. 1800
Millicent 2250
Tyler *1
($1089)

Tyler plays ONE AWAY for a Dodge Caravan SE (Fairly loaded)(R)

Setup1st Try
2 1 3 1 24 2 3
3 2 4 2 32 1 5 3 4
4 3 5 3 43 2
EXACTA!

Even more impressively, Tyler did this without once looking out to "Them"! He was intent on playing this game on his own terms - at least for the first try. Outstanding.

BTW: Have you noticed this has been a "last bidder wins" day? Every One-Bid has been won by whomever was blessed with the last bid. Can Millicent make it a sweep?

6   TKO Home Fitness Package/Skin Essentials (R)
Theresa 1450
James F. 1700
Millicent 1702
NICOLE 1500
OVERBID
($878)

Millicent completes the streak and plays BARGAIN BAR

(Dell) Desktop Computer (G)PICK$  772$1772$1000WIN!
Corsican Virginia Day Bed/Loving Care Formfit (L)$1939$2539$  600

SHOWDOWN #2
$1,537James B.80 stay.80Through to Showcase Round
5,189Millicent55 + 50OV
22,623Tyler60 + 75OV

SHOWCASE ROUND

Kristen has the honor.

SC1-James B.

Aico Tresor Living Room Group
Carpet One Carpeting
The Maids Maid Service (24 visits)(R)
Yamaha Phazer Snowmobile (G&L)
BID$15,000
PRICE18,846
DIFF–3,846
TOTAL20,383

SC2-Kristen

FIRST BANK OF PRICE
2 Yamaha Electric Guitars (R)
Deluxe Espresso/Cappuccino Machine (L)
Chryssler 300 (Std., Stereo, Comfort, Conv.)(G)
BID$28,000
PRICE37,520
DIFF–9,520
TOTAL$  7,968

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6

Total Winnings: $37,189

...and then, there was only one show - tomorrow's - until Barker's Final Bow.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/13/2007
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 02:19:19 PM »
Check Game's prop reveal was a juicy bit from TPiR past...a chunk of spinning turntable!

The car in More or Less would have been about $2-4K more than the three trips combined.  I personally was hoping for a $30K car (to balance the smaller prizes).  That setup with three trips was awesome, though.

When are audiences/contestants gonna learn that ***2*** of anything does NOT end in an odd number? (Notice that the blame is spread over all ~325 of 'em in there.)

Tyler's win in One Away was amazing.  No audience assistance and an exacta.  BEE-U-TI-FUL!
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 02:22:57 PM »
The final two wins erased some of the pain from the disappointing losses earlier. Roger was being very generous today, but the contestants weren't taking advantage. That's frustrating.

HOTTIES: #312, Kristen; #313, Erin; #314, Nicole :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Millicent
SHOW GRADE: 3

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 02:28:15 PM »
Check Game: In chat I said $2,000.  Tessa goes $2126 and gets a [color=FF0000]VOIDED[/color] check.

It's in the Bag: This game has been without an outright $16,000 winner.  Putting the Beneful on the 4th bag meant a loss for Erin.

More or Less: Roger loaded the first three prizes as TRIPS!  Wow!  Unfortunately, in chat I did say MORE along with Kristen on the second trip and it was a loss---so shame on both of us.

Freeze Frame: Ugh, James stopped it on $3721 for a pair of motorcycles?  AUTOMATIC loss.

One Away: $21,534 was the consensus of the chatroom.  Tyler says it on his first try and gets an EXACTA!  The skunk had been told to take a POWDER!

Bargain Bar: Easy setup---looks like Roger wanted to get rid of those prizes.  Milicent gets both!

Showcases: I think Roger wanted the cheaper showcase won today.  The Bank of Price showcase was on STEROIDS!  Tough break for Kristen.  James redeems himself!

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 02:41:41 PM »
Why does More or Less always attract... um... "them"?  Sure you guys know what I'm talking about.  Seriously, I don't get it.  As usual lately, there's no good reason it should've been lost.

Yay!  We got to see Check Game coming partially around the turntable today!  Actually, it seems like the past few times we got to see a game coming even partly around the turntable, it's always been Check Game.  Wonder why it always seems to be Check Game....

We've seen the $7.79 Gold Bond price before, right?  As it is, though, I really can understand why Erin guessed the dog food for that bag.  I mean, we've seen cat food on the show as high as $6.99, and today's dog food looked like fancy and science-like dog food!  As a person who knows little about dog food and dog food prices, $7.79 seems reasonable for it.

Real shame to see no SP again.  Coming or Going and Switcheroo could've filled in for Freeze Frame and One Away, right?

tpirfan28 wrote:  When are audiences/contestants gonna learn that ***2*** of anything does NOT end in an odd number? (Notice that the blame is spread over all ~325 of 'em in there.)

That's not really fair.  The audience had nothing to do with the loss.  They were almost dead silent for the $3721 choice, and a few could be seen actively signaling "no" at the price!

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 02:53:21 PM »
Check Game:  Owwww......just barely over.  I honestly thought she went waaaaaaay too low myself.

Mo o' Lo:  WHAT?!??!?  That Hawaii trip ain't around $10K gal!

One Away:  Way to go Tyler!  That's how you play One Away!

Overall:  Eh.....just an ok show today.

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 02:54:10 PM »
Something about More or Less makes contestants go into self-destruct mode. I think a really obvious price like the Hawaii trip today makes them panic and assume it's a trap. Kristen won a pretty nice prize in More or Less today, though. Would it have really counted as a winless show if the last two games were lost?
It's a good thing Tyler did such a fantastic job in One Away--  judging from his shoutout, he could really use a minivan.

I liked the bit of banter before the showcases began; it was kind of old-school.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 03:06:55 PM »
Check Game: We got to see it come around on the turntable.  I still wish they would do that for all turntable games.  I was way over--my check would have been for $2650.

More or Less: I can't believe Kristen thought a trip to Honolulu would be last expensive.  I wonder what she thought the price was.  This was an easy setup, and she blew it.  Contestants always seem to make this game harder than it needs to be.

Freeze Frame: Since when does a pair of anythings end in an odd number?  I said $5198, because it was the only one that looked right.  The others were either too high, too low, or ended in an odd number.

One Away: An EXACTA without even looking to the audience. That makes the win even better and the game funner to watch.

SC1:  My Bid: $16,440 / Diff: $2,406
SC2:  My Bid: $28,175 / Diff: $9,345

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 03:26:47 PM »
Check Game: Boy, I thought Tezza had the rules down; at least she knew the total range, but that's not enough. She blew the main rules in which I (and some of the audience) booed over. I predicted she may write $2999-ish, but kinda felt okay with her amount. I said, "As long as the price is not $4000, I think she might be okay." Since the price was only a dollar less, I was ready to see some red letters on the check. Then Bob gave his story on how some of the souvenir checks are tossed in the dumpster. That made my opinionated brain work overtime: I'll bet the reason why the checks are tossed is because some contestants who do not know the real rules of the game do not give a f. r. a. about the game--they just want to win--end up tossing the check because they did not win and the check is useless. Maybe I should give them that "Rejection: Hey, s--- happens" poster.
That's just the brain talking. I do not know if that really happens or Bob just telling us a story. I would keep my check no matter what.

It's in the Bag: We were on a roll until the fourth bag, in which I told Erin, "You're on your own here." I actually did not know what to put in that bag, but I was pretty sure the Beneful would not be there. I would've totally considered the Gold Bond. Since she picked the Beneful instead, we agreed on the Gold Bond in the last bag. I said, "You're on your own again" after the third bag was correct. I would have stopped there, no matter what.
Plus, what was that slam when the first bag was opened? It sounded much harder than the other bags..

More or Less: For three trips? Hmm. Good. Interesting.
Nashville: For over $5000? It's got to be less.
Hawaii: For over $7000? Hmm. I know Hawaii is a good and lavish place for a vacation, but can it be more than that? I did not think so.

Freeze Frame: Who did James R. turn to for help? I'm sure some of them did not agree on his decision. My first guess would be a number that would end in 0, then it was a number between 4000 and 6000. I went with the latter, in which 5198 was the only number I would have used.

At this point, I figuratively wondered if Nichole from yesterday started a losing curse of some sorts. That did not make any sense at all. [shaking head down]

One Away: Actually, I did not think of which number to change if I had to. This win kinda felt like one of those Pyramid wins.

Wow. I did not notice that all the last bidders won their way up. Let this be a lesson to all future contestants. (Oops. I think I may have said that a little too late.  :oops: )

Barker's Bargain Bar: The price for the computer is a bargain, no matter what. I still would've said that was the bigger bargain today. I actually thought the day bed would be around $2500.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline MrDeePay

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 03:39:29 PM »
I'll have to agree with More or Less.  I was at a loss of (kind) words when Kristen thought the trip to Hawaii was more than $7150.  Seeing the game lost on that(coupled with Golden Road earlier this week and More or Less' wipeout on the Specatular last month) just frustrated me to the point to where I just had to leave the room.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 04:21:23 PM »
My comments on Bob's Wednesday show.   :cry:

I thought that tv would cost around the $3400-$3500 range there. $2100 was my amount on the check. Over by $98 for me.

When she put the Beneful in the fourth bag and continued on I knew she was a goner.

What was Kristen thinking?!  :evil:  :roll: Saying more on the trip to Hawaii?! Come on! Nice way of blowing up a relatively easy setup.

Knew it was $5198 on the motorcycles. Talk about freezing it too soon.

I had a good feeling Tyler got it exactly right by the time he got to the last number. Nice playing!

I wanted James F. out of contestant's row. Which didn't happen unfortunately.

I would say the computer too. Simple.

I was shocked by the ARP of Kristen's considering it had a pair of electric guitars and a cappuccino machine to start. James' bid however was much better.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 04:39:47 PM »
Check Game-Yay, we get to see a game spinning on the turntable during Bob's final week, just like in the old days.  I was thinking that was the $4298 TV that's been on the show lately, so I would've said $1700 for the check.  That still would've won.  A loss by less than $150.

It's in the Bag-After the $4000 level, it became a bit tough.  I knew the dog food wasn't going to be in the $8000, and when she put it in there, I smelled a loss.  It's in the Bag becomes 1 of 2 games excluding Plinko to not have a single win this season (the other was Step Up).

More or Less-That was really neat to see this played for 3 trips.  The three trips were definitely set up for a win.  Kristen wasted a gimme setup by saying "More" on the trip to Hawaii.

Freeze Frame-There was absolutely no excuse to stop at $3721.  Come on, James, use a bit of common sense: a pair of something is going to end in an even number!

One Away-Finally, we have a player here!  An exacta without looking to the Peanut Gallery for help.  That's how you do it!

Barker's Bargain Bar-A nice win to end the day.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 05:18:12 PM »
PG #1:  Yay!  We got to see Check Game spin on the turntable!  I thought $2,126 was gonna be too low to make $5,000.  I wrote my check for $3,200 and Willyed.

PG #2:  Since when did the Gold Bond's price drop from $8.49 to $7.79?  I thought she had the dog food right.

PG #3:  THE GOOD:  More or Less for three trips for the very first time!  THE BAD:  The "Fortune Hunter" cue had no business in this game.  THE UGLY:  That was one of the easiest setups in this PG's short history, and I cannot believe that Kristen actually thought that Hawaii would be more than $7,000.

PG #4:  No excuse to stop on $3,721 for a pair of motorcycles.

PG #5:  Ladies and gentlemen, that is how you play One Away!  An exacta with no advice from the peanut gallery.

Showcase #2:  STAGE GARF!  That bid barely covers the car.

My showcase bids:
Splendido Attack!--$16,298
First Bank of [d]Fireball[/d] Price--$37,173
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

• In the Audience
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 05:30:02 PM »
looks like we have seen the last of "it's in the bag".  adios, amigo!  you will be surely missed.

i have been sick this week and haven't had the television on.  i would have loved seeing the one away exacta.  what a great way to end its run this season!

don't worry, dudes, i plan to watch the final show on friday, even if i have to drag myself to get to the remote control on top of the television.

later, dudes!

tpir4ever76 :hammer:
I love the Drew Carey Laugh!  :lol: :hammer:

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 06:15:55 PM »
Why don't very many games come spinning out on the turntable?