Author Topic: discord bot language  (Read 757 times)

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
discord bot language
« on: December 12, 2023, 02:04:39 AM »
I was going to put it in 'Recap - 12/11/2023 (TPiR at Night: College Kids)' but it seemed more of a technical error. The bot wayo learned the word bs. it is not like I have never heard a bad word before but usually when bot start doing that it occasionally lead to them doing other bad behaviour. granted I am not even sure what led the bot to use language like that I have not seen any language in the comments (as far as life chats on discord) as far as I noticed.

The second what I think a bot use the F word when describing a showcase. this one kind of shocked me because VHS seems to be more of an archive access one that seems to usually just give facts if the stuff happened in the past or not. (I really thought that thing was only able to access spreadsheets) does anyone know what is going on.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 02:12:47 AM by Game Girl »

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: discord bot language
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 02:30:54 AM »
The bot is following its programming. Whenever somebody types "!j hollywood", the bot is programmed to respond with a non-PG quote that Drew jokingly said during the first taping at the new studio in response to George's new intro. A few users like to set it off at the start of every episode as tradition. There are other joke quotes about Eggland's Best and the Spiegel Catalog and various ads that pop up.

The second what I think a bot use the F word when describing a showcase. this one kind of shocked me because VHS seems to be more of an archive access one that seems to usually just give facts if the stuff happened in the past or not. (I really thought that thing was only able to access spreadsheets) does anyone know what is going on.

VHS is a human being. He's not a bot.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."