Author Topic: 3 show day taping times  (Read 571 times)

Offline Studio_33

• Outside in Line
3 show day taping times
« on: January 29, 2024, 10:13:02 AM »
Hello, all!

Considering going to a taping next Monday. I believe the first show tapes around 12. Does anyone know the approximate taping times for the second and third shows (knowing they can get behind schedule)?

Thank you!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: 3 show day taping times
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 10:51:25 AM »
As a person who went to first, second, and third tapings this month:

You should probably be in line within like 10 minutes of the call time at the latest (and if you don't have a priority ticket, even earlier). I've gotten away with being an hour late to a 2/3rds filled 8AM session, but the 12 and 2:30 sessions are more consistently full. It will take about five hours from call time to getting back to your car.

If you mean the moment George says "here it comes", the second show "starts" a bit before 3 and the third at around 5, but you will need to be there much earlier.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline Studio_33

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 11:44:07 AM »
Thanks for the info! I've always gone to the first taping so I was just curious how late their day went now that they consistently tape 3 shows a day.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 12:29:39 PM »
The timestamps of my 2:30 call time have me entering the studio lot at 4:45 (where I surrendered my phone) and leaving the studio at 7:00. (We arrived at 1:30 with line vouchers and got numbers 102 and 103)

The next day I went to the 11:30 call time (showed up at 10:00 with Line Vouchers, got number 026), powered my phone off at 2:45 to enter the studio lot, and got out and ordered an Uber at 4:51.

You’ll spend about two hours on the studio lot. About 30 minutes of that is in line and waiting for everybody to get loaded into the studio.

The last two tapings aim to begin taping at 3:00, 5:00. I would guess the first taping begins at around noonish. Expect at least 90-100 minutes from “Here it Comes” to the final door prize.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 12:38:51 PM by gamesurf »
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2024, 01:23:35 PM »
The first show tapings aim to start at 11:50. You should get out around 1:15-ish.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.