Author Topic: Contestants' Row at Haven question...  (Read 707 times)

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Contestants' Row at Haven question...
« on: April 11, 2024, 05:00:52 PM »
Something I'd like to know about the current Contestants' Row as it is at Haven--

Back in the old days, when the show was at 33/Barker at Television City, the player who won an IUFB/One-Bid had the lights in front of him or her (marked with a "Winner's Stairs" label, IIRC) to light up to so indicate, and that player went up the stairs to see Bob or Drew to play a game.

Nowadays at Haven, what does the winning bidder see to indicate that he or she has won the IUFB, and to proceed to the main part of the stage to see Drew and play a game, if there are no more stairs?

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• 4/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • First person to ever see $2.75 in Pocket
Re: Contestants' Row at Haven question...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 08:30:49 PM »
After one taping I walked down through the front row to exit. Didn't notice any indicator lights or markings, but George does mention in his pre-show speech that you should go "up" on the stage right side because the camera angles are configured for contestants coming on stage that way. The microphones' height can be remotely adjusted -- I think they take care of that between the time Drew enters, and when the first CR reaction shot is taken during IUFB1.

Interestingly, there are some speaker grilles at the base of the microphones, not sure what those are used for. The back of the whole prop is a satin silver.

These days, to discourage people from looking up while the audience is on camera, the monitors are shut off during One Bids, and it's difficult to figure out what anyone has bid.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 01:45:41 PM by thatvhstapeguy »
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did
Oops, that isn't true anymore

Offline furneralcar47

• 10/24/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • HELLO MAMA BEV!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 08:31:55 PM »
Speaking from my experience it’s a series of ramps leading from Contestants Row to the Main Stage.

It was an arrow point to the ramp to the left that George still tells winning contestants in Contestants Row to make their way up to the Main Stage.

Folks still either don’t listen or get so excited that they head up the “behind only view” ramps to the right of Contestants Row

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 08:53:42 PM »
FWIW, those lights and arrows were not in Studio 33's row for a while. I recall remarking about the lack of arrow when I made it down.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 06:09:48 AM »
All quite informative-- was wondering what to expect in case I should ever be on TPIR where it is now at Haven (I never was at 33, though).

Offline C8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 12:01:20 PM »
Speaking from my experience it’s a series of ramps leading from Contestants Row to the Main Stage.

It was an arrow point to the ramp to the left that George still tells winning contestants in Contestants Row to make their way up to the Main Stage.

Folks still either don’t listen or get so excited that they head up the “behind only view” ramps to the right of Contestants Row

When I was there I looked and distinctly recall contestants row being level with the stage with no ramps. People just walked around to Drew.