Author Topic: CSS Results for April 17  (Read 1096 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for April 17
« on: April 17, 2009, 09:45:06 PM »
Well, it was better than yesterday, but I have to say with all honesty I have NO idea why people thought that first showcase was going to be big bucks. I might have gone to $25K (still over) but what's with the 30s and 40s? But if that didn't get me, then the trips around the world sure would have because... well, I always crash and burn on that showcase, no matter what's in it.

Kev347 must like all-trip showcases, as he DSWd on it So did CityBoy1986, but it doesn't count. In any case, always good strategy to DSW on a Friday; you get double dollars as well as double points! rcbought (there's a name we don't see very often) struck a happy medium between going over on the first showcase and garfing it. Today it's worth about $46K.

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for April 17, 2009 -- Game 134

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:03:51 AM by BuddyTom »
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: CSS Results for April 17
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 10:49:13 PM »
Yay for me... I'm the only person to garf on the trips.  :oldlol:

I wasn't taking any chances on a Friday, especially when two of the three trips were sponsored by NWA.  I'm quite happy to crack the top 5 and keep my 9-game no-OVER streak intact.  :mrgreen:

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 10:54:35 PM »
I really, really need to learn to go with my gut.

Today, adding $7K to my SC1 bid last minute cost me a DSW.

:headbang: :headbang:
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 11:06:55 PM »
That's what I get for listening to Willy... a :wotc: and back-to-back overbids! :headbang:
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline dh027

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 11:09:11 PM »
I think many people went over because they listened to Willy in chat.  He was (I think jokingly) telling people that bidding less than $42000 on SC1 was garfing.  What you have to keep in mind is that there was talk of Willying and changing the name of it today in chat.  Some people listened and got burned for it.  It is also a bit curious that he didn't submit the bids he gave in chat which were $46000/$22000 if I'm not mistaken.  Had I not had that in the back of my head I wouldn't have added $2000 to my SC1 bid and would have DSW'ed.  

Thanks, Willy.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 11:12:42 PM »
$23,400/$26,200... I figured that the bids on the first showcase would be all over the place since it was filled with stuff we've never seen before. Proud to say that I was close, albeit on the wrong end. It isn't heartbreaking, though, since I bombed the all-trips showcase.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 11:20:59 PM »
Apparently, everything sounded a heck of a lot more expensive than it was today.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 11:29:22 PM »
Upon watching the show on CBS.com, I was happy that I decided to just walk away, proving the old adage from WarGames still holds true as far as today was concerned:

"The only winning move is not to play."

:mrgreen:
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 11:59:03 PM »
Just to note, Tom, the ARP was 23096. Joe definitely has it wrong in the recap, and it's clearly audible. Looks like it didn't affect anything here.

33609 / 23609 - it looked over 30 because we have no clue on bathtubs now, that's why.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 12:03:19 AM »
4 days I went over this week--only day I didn't was Wednesday.  Pathetic!

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 01:27:23 AM »
Thank goodness i fat fingered Buddytom's name when sending my bids... i wouldve has a WSD, and i surely don't need another over this week..
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 07:21:42 PM »
Actually, Tom, I dislike all-trip showcases strongly and trips in general, I just happened to nail this one. I've been heelsing and WSDing so much I was bound to hit something the right way eventually, but am extremely shocked that it happened to be a trip showcase of doom. Luggage was dirt cheap, two cheap NWA trips (but even Hong Kong NWA is still about 8k, it just busts 10k when it's not) and then Spain. Spain is typically expensive (9k range), but I shaved a bit off of that figuring they were trying to force an over with two NWA trips and turned out to hit it dead on. Didn't work out for them either though, as that showcase was won.

Also, that trailer that everyone thought was so expensive? $13,900. Take note.