Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/08/2009  (Read 25470 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/08/2009
« on: May 08, 2009, 02:22:22 PM »
Untitled
Production #4745K - Taped April 27, 2009

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Amber Lancaster, Gwendolyn Osborne and Rachel Reynolds
Wearing: Kische

COUPLES PRICE II: For this session in honor of Mother's Day, the players come on down in pairs - mother and loved one - playing together and sharing the wealth, more or less.

1   2 Designer Handbags (A&G)
CHARLA/JENNIFER 1001 MARIE/RICHARD *1400 PAULA/SCOTT 1300 SANDRA/STEPHANIE 1200 ($2045)

Marie and RIchard from Calgary, AB play 1 RIGHT PRICE for two trips...

Tuscany (6n @ Capestry)(R)$9356
Sa Paolo (6n @ Caesar Park)(A)$9356$7701LOSS

2   Charmonell et Walker Chocolates (1 yr)(R)
+Charla/Jennifer 1001 MAILY/KIMBERLY *999 +Paula/Scott 1200 +Sandra/Stephanie 920 ($1000)

Maily and Kimberly play CLIFF HANGERS for a Women's Designer Wardrobe (A)($5905)

(Double Treat) Ice Cream Maker$45$17YYYYYEEEEEOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!   WIPEOUT
Batter Dispenser
(Grill Master) Recipe Device

3   MCF Pearl/Diamond Necklace (A-in the Row)
+Charla/Jennifer *2201 KAREN/MARIO 1200 +Paula/Scott 1400 +Sandra/Stephanie 2200 ($3000)

Charla and Jennifer play MORE OR LESS

Westley Allen Montana Day Bed/Loving Care Formfit$850MORE$1329*
Saeco Talea Espresso Machine1400LESS1030*
24" Stainless Stepup Range3250LESS3848LOSS
Chrysler Sebring LX (Std., 2.4l, AT, BlkHtr, Prot)(A)

SHOWDOWN #1
$1,000Maily/Kimberly30 + 45.75
2,045Marie/Richard40 + 50.90
5,359Charla/Jennifer45 + 75OVThrough to Showcase Round

4   1-800-flowers.com Flowers (1 yr)(R)
JOYCE/JOHN 1050
Karen/Mario 1500
+Paula/Scott 1100
+Sandra/Stephanie 1060
OVERBID
($900)

Paula and Scott play PUSHOVER for a Beachcomber Hot Tub (G)

Setup:3 9 6 0 7 1 9 4 8
Pick:3 9 6 0[7 1 9 8]
Price:$7198   WIN!

5   (Sony) 11" OLED HDTV (A&R)
Joyce/John *1250 Karen/Mario 700 MARSHA/CRAIG 650 +Sandra/Stephanie 1000 ($2500)

Joyce and John plays GRAND GAME (Target: $8.50) for Mother's Day money...

(4) Multi-Grain Cheerios$3.89$10
(1) 9Lives Active Formula (bag)7.55100
(6) Bayer Aspirin (200)10.80LOSS
(2) Coricidin HBP
(3) Capzasin Roll-on
(5) Gold Bond Cream (2 oz)

Sandra and Stephanie have been a barrel of laughs today. Really. Every bid saw them uncontrollably giggling. Unfortunately, Mimi may have the last laugh, for banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club looms. They have the last bid, but can these two keep themselves out of a very unfunny predicament?

6   Christian Dior Toiletries (G)
HELEN/JUSTIN *450 Karen/Mario 750 Marsha/Craig 1100 +Sandra/Stephanie 1151 ($732)

Sandra and Stephanie head off to the clubhouse while Helen and Justin play THAT'S TOO MUCH! for a Ford Escape XLS (Std., 2.5l, AT Sync)(R)($22,160)

$21,650 $23,235 $24,160 $25,191 $26,899
LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2
$732Helen/Justin1001.00*$1000*   Bonus 80   Through to Showcase Round
2,600Joyce/John  10 + 35.45
8,098Paula/Scott  95 + 95OV

SHOWCASE ROUND
Marie and Richard have the honor.

SC1-Helen/Justin KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH MOM
2 (Nokia) Cell Phones (1 yr unlimited service)(A&R)
Apple iMac Desktop Computer/MacBook Laptop Computer (A&G)
Trip to Sydney (6n)(R)
BID$13,000
PRICE17,833
DIFF–4,833
TOTAL$19,565
SC2-Marie/Richard The Maids Maid Service (1 yr)(R)
10d Kenyan Photo Safari (A)
Jeep Compass (Std., Rally, Stereo, TransAxle, #26E)(G)
BID$26,000
PRICE45,664
DIFF–19,664

Today's Pricing Games: 1 for 6
Total Winnings: $38,667

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:06:03 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline jzion12345

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/08/2009
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 02:40:25 PM »
OK...first off, I wanted to shoot Stephanie and sandra. at least keep them away from the caffeine and Red Bulls for like...ever. \

secondly, I actually liked the couples idea for today. It worked well. Unlike the Valentine's Day show, we had some nice couples, and it didn't seem forced. It really seemed natural.

For the show itself, the game lineup was nice, and the way they tailored the prizes worked too. They just threw in more female centric and designer prizes than normal.

All in all, I wouldn't be averse to seeing another couples show in the future. Just not too often.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 02:44:43 PM »
Now I'm starting to agree. That's Too Much is "That's Too Cruel."

Again, once in a while do you put your correct answer very early or very late ... but it's happened way too often this season.

Brian

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 02:45:53 PM »
Today show was okay i didn't care too much of it.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 03:01:11 PM »
Anyone else notice that Adam really, really loves That's Too Much sixth?  I don't have any problem with it, and it seems to give Adam joy, so... go with it, I guess :).

On a related note, it's ironic that while the game is harder than ever for Joe Plinko, it's easier than ever for us!  Just stop at the second or ninth price and you win!  It was never so easy for a bizarrely obsessed loyal friend and true to win the game, I'd swear :).

The whole "two contestants" thing worked better here than it did for the Valentine's show, I must admit.  For most of the couples in the Valentine's show, the woman was the one with the personality, and the guy was there "just because," which felt awkward.   The camaraderie between the pairs this time worked a lot better.  I'm guessing Stan's gotten better with this kind of unusual contestant selection process since the Valentine's show.

Sandra and Stephanie were their own little comedy duo in contestants' row!  They just meshed so incredibly well with each other, and it's a real shame they never got out of contestants' row.  You could tell they'd have just been running the show if they'd gotten up on stage :).

Cliff Hangers was kinda' odd.  Notice that it was Maily, and not Kimberly, who lost Cliff Hangers for the both of them.  Kimberly was trying to scope out audience advice, and Maily seemed to get impatient, and just said $45, which of course, was a lousy guess.  Considering Maily obviously had no clue on the price, she probably should've trusted her daughter a bit more to get a price from the audience.

Quote from: jzion12345
OK...first off, I wanted to shoot Stephanie and sandra. at least keep them away from the caffeine and Red Bulls for like...ever. \

Aww... they were the best contestants today!

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 03:03:03 PM »
hmm... a Beachcomber hot tub.. do you really wanna share a soak with your mom?...  :P

That being said, if you're gonna have two contestants; shouldn't you offer, at the very least, two cars?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 03:05:18 PM by Off_trak »
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline jzion12345

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 03:18:48 PM »
Aww... they were the best contestants today!

They were? Then you must be a huge fan of primetime Deal or no Deal, because it those types of contestants that they always pick for the show. I hate those types of people, and they just get under my skin. I just wanna say, "Sit the f*** down, take a few deep breaths, calm down, and knock off the No Doze and Red Bulls for a while." I can understand a contestant being excited like that at the first IUFB after they're called down, but at the 6th one, calm the heck down already. You'd think your adrenalin would have run out by then.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 03:33:21 PM »
I may have missed the memo about this episode. For a moment, I thought it that expectant mother's episode. Anyways...

1 Right Price: With all those amenities for the Sao Paolo, it's gotta be $9356, right. Wrong for two possible reasons: I paid attention more to the Sao Paolo trip and I think Tuscany is farther.

Cliff Hangers: Maybe that's why I was watching that "testings" talk show during the prize descriptions. Didn't need 'em. "What a dishaster!"

More or Less: That is a [buzzer] good range to cost that much.

Push Over: 7194 is the only price I would have tried.

Grand Game: "That's a lot of aspirin."

One Bid 6: "[the last note of the Losing Horns]!" I really wanted Sandra and Stephanie to play a game. I even said 751 for them. Now they have to go to that place. [horn] And they remind me of Lela/Lila.

That's Too Much: When Helen and Justin were deciding on where to stop (and say name correctly), I had a feeling it was the second price again. And it was.

Showcases: Richard agreed with my bid of 26000. I as afraid we were over. We weren't, but we were way under.

(Un)Fortunately, that might be one of the (only) reasons Stan picked Sandra and Stephanie.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 03:34:57 PM »
I just cant get into the 2 people team shows. Its crowded and awkward. I channel flipped more today during price than i ever have before.

Rich Fields telling me that body lotion is a perfect gift for Mothers Day seemed a bit creepy. "Here mom, i bought you lotion to rub all over you!" I think i'll just stick with flowers again.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 03:37:39 PM »
Quote from: thewhammy_2000
Showcases: Richard agreed with my bid of 26000. I as afraid we were over. We weren't, but we were way under.

(Un)Fortunately, that might be one of the (only) reasons Stan picked Sandra and Stephanie.

I think you're missing something there.  What is one of the only reasons you believe Stan picked them?

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 03:39:22 PM »
-Lineup: Bah, move TTM around...
-ORP: Toss-up, but I figured Italy was more. Brazil seems more exotic, so maybe that was a trap. 8/10
-OB2: That'll teach you to never 2-up somebody - lol!
-Cliffy: Ugh, as Frank said, poor coordination with them led to failure. 6/10
-MoL: Forced loss, no biggie. 8/10
-SD1: 4/5
-Pushy: There we go. 9/10
-Grandy: Nothing was really easy in this one...too bad. 7/10
-TTM: Yeah...so forced. It sounded quite high with the loaded-ness as well. 8/10
-SD2: 5/5, darn so close on the bonus
-SC1: Meh... 4/5
-SC2: There we go, I've been waiting for a car! 5/5
-Results: Mega-garf on 2 as I called correctly. I thought 1 could have been >20k as well. 8/10
-Drew: He handled the hyper S couple (Sandra/Stephanie :P ) quite well. At least we don't get mumblish Drew on these semi-depressive 1/6 shows.... 9/10

PGs: 46/60
SDs: 9/10
SCs: 17/20
Drew: 9/10

81 --> B-

You get hyped up for big wins with couples...then you get the usual hard setups + worse gameplay than usual + easily garfable SCs. I'll have to lower my expectations for the engaged couples show.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 03:53:09 PM »
I thought today's show was a great idea for Mother's Day.  It's too bad there weren't more winners.

Showcases:  $45,000+ for Showcase 2!? ???  That must've been one expensive car! :-o
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 03:54:35 PM »
$45,000+ for Showcase 2!? ???  That must've been one expensive car! :-o
The African Photo Safari is $16,800. The car was probably 26k+
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 04:12:46 PM »
Man...I just do not like the idea of having 2 people playing a game--it just makes things seem so awkward.

Whoa, those two trips in One Right Price were uber-expensive.

Yay!!! A Cliffy wipeout!!! Those are always fun to watch.  :lol:

Is More or Less ever gonna be won again. More importantly, are they ever gonna set More or Less up to were it actually can be won again?

Today's Grand Game setup was the nastiest i've seen in this game in a long long time. Getting to $10 was easy, after that well you were on your own.

Are they ever gonna set TTM up fairly again? For the umpteenth time now it seems the stopping point was the 2nd price. Well, Frank is correct, the LFAT's would not have a problem winning this game--all we'd have to do is stop at the 2nd or 9th price. Watch it now the next playing the stopping price will be back down in the 9 hole.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 04:38:25 PM »
In my opinion, Stan may have picked Sandra/Stephanie only because of their hyperactivity. There may be other reasons. Since I am not Stan, I do not know what they are.

I wrote (un)fortunately because of how many contestant pickers pick contestants only because of their hyper characteristics. I agree with jzion and a few others about contestants like that on DoND; it's actually one of the reasons why I don't watch it often anymore (I would still tape the nighttime version, although I missed the recent airing). At times I try to remain calm and not get all hyper like these hyper contestants, but it'll come when something happens.

It's kinda like how some of us can predict who will be a contestant before Rich calls them down; maybe even before Stan makes his decisions. I predicted correctly at least a couple of times.

I would agree, though, that Sandra/Stephanie would make the show interesting with their behavior. I'm sure they would've been great whether they won or lost a game. I understand a little why contestants like them are picked.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.