Author Topic: We're missing The TPIR CLASSIC MUSIC VERY MUCH ! Are you ?  (Read 12873 times)

Offline TPIRclass

• In the Audience
  • PLEASE BRING BACK THE CLASSIC TPIR MUSIC !
Good Morning,

As loyal friends (viewers) to The Price Is Right for the last 32 years, we can honestly appreciate the need for the show to evolve to stay relevant. However, we must say that we TRULY MISS the classic Price Is Right music. For instance, the only classic prize/game music music that was featured was during (Spoiler removed)

Is there any way that we can ask Mr.Stan B. and the powers that be at TPIR to bring the legendary music back so it sounds a little more like the Price Is Right ?

What do you think ?

Please remember not to post anything that might considered a spoiler in this forum. Not everyone gets to see the show when it airs. Thanks.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 01:28:26 PM by temptation1979ga »
NOW IS THE TIME FOR CLASSIC MUSIC TO JOIN THE NEW MUSIC ON THE PRICE IS RIGHT. IT'S THE SOUNDTRACK OF THE SHOW ! God Bless Drew,Bob, TPIR crew and all of the members of the Golden Road ! THANK YOU.

Offline TPIRclass

• In the Audience
Re: We're missing The TPIR CLASSIC MUSIC VERY MUCH ! Are you ?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 02:00:16 PM »
Oh,we're sorry. We didn't mean to post what happened on the show. We will have to read up on the spoiler rules. Sorry about that once again.

It's just that so many of the newer music cues do not have that TPIR sound. Its hard to describe but one of the greatest sensory experiences is to hear the classic cues in all of their glory. Wouldn't it be nice if TPIR management would recognize this. It is almost painful to NOT HEAR those wonderful cues that really are apart of the heart and soul of the show.

Thank you again.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 06:06:32 PM by temptation1979ga »
NOW IS THE TIME FOR CLASSIC MUSIC TO JOIN THE NEW MUSIC ON THE PRICE IS RIGHT. IT'S THE SOUNDTRACK OF THE SHOW ! God Bless Drew,Bob, TPIR crew and all of the members of the Golden Road ! THANK YOU.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 06:06:11 PM »
Oh,we're sorry. We didn't mean to post what happened on the show. We will have to read up on the spoiler rules. Sorry about that once again.

It's no problem at all. You're a new poster here, and those things can happen. We just try to keep this section of the board spoiler-free since some people aren't able to watch the show live, but still might want to browse through some threads while on their lunch break or some other free time at work.

And I totally agree with you on the music. Most all of the newer cues just don't have the same life, energy, and emotion the older ones have. Not by a long shot.

Offline TPIRclass

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 10:24:34 PM »
When we hear the classic TPIR music is a heart-warming experience. The come on down and new theme re-makes are excellent and we're very thankful that they kept them. Is there any way to make a kindly and respectful request for them to be returned. They are very comforting to hear and make the Price Is Right seem more like the Price Is Right.

If you watch the purchased video episodes, it is so easy to see how seemless the music tracks seem to be. They aren't edgy,they truly seem to be workable throughout from decade to decade. In fact, many of the clips from the early 70''s that have been retired would fit so nicely today.

Essentially,the new music may be nice, but the classic cues have that TPIR sounds that are so enjoyable and outstanding.

We hope that the TPIR community comes together to ask for the music to be restored.

Thank you once again.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 10:29:58 PM »
I agree.  The new music sucks.

Also, for future reference "The TPIR" is redundant.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 10:39:28 PM »
Write letters. Stan will read them. Tell him many fans who post to golden-road.net also love the legacy cues.

Stan Blits
Music Supervisor
"The Price Is Right"
CBS Television City
7800 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036-2112
Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Offline TPIRclass

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 10:39:29 AM »
You're right,it is redundant. Sorry about that. :D

Offline TPIRViewer

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 12:39:48 PM »
It doesn't make sense. They were playing a ton of classic music a few weeks ago and now they've gone back to playing all this new music again.

Offline akampfer2

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 01:12:29 PM »
I have no problem with the new music.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 01:16:09 PM »
As time goes on, they introduce new music to appeal to a younger audience (you can cite 1976, 1983, 1994 and 2003 as prime examples of this). But at the same time, though, they're keeping some of the old cues that are favored by those who have watched the show for at least half of the time it's been around. That being said, I like all the different cues the same.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »
I dunno, I never bought the whole "newer cues must be better because they have to appeal to a younger audience" theory. That might be well what Stan thinks, but it isn't true. I know a ton of young people who like the Beatles for instance, and their music is decades old. I think most everyone would better enjoy a decades old awesome piece of music than some crappy tunless junk just thrown out there because "its new."

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 01:30:34 PM »
I dunno, I never bought the whole "newer cues must be better because they have to appeal to a younger audience" theory. That might be well what Stan thinks, but it isn't true. I know a ton of young people who like the Beatles for instance, and their music is decades old. I think most everyone would better enjoy a decades old awesome piece of music than some crappy tunless junk just thrown out there because "its new."

You make a very good point, Carlos. I have an older brother who loves the 1960s and 1970s R&B/soul music, especially Motown. I myself prefer the late 70s/early 80s R&B acts like Earth, Wind & Fire, Teena Marie and Jeffrey Osborne, as well as the late, great crooners Gerald Levert and Luther Vandross. Though they all represented eras long gone, their music is still as good now as it was back then. So once again, I back this argument 100%, as I wish to see a balance of old and new cues being played on the show.

Offline TPIRclass

• In the Audience
Re: We're missing TPIR CLASSIC MUSIC VERY MUCH ! Are you ?
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 03:23:37 PM »
Yeah,it's just that as TPIR came out with new cues over time,they seemed to flow nicely. Some of the music grew on us that we were not sure of at first such as the Fortune Hunter Suite. Yet,lately these rock guitar intensive clips seem like standardized production clips you might hear on a local car commercial or something. Here's hoping too much is not being made of this. It's just that the classic music seems to be part of the DNA of TPIR.

Loyal friends true (as Bob Barker said) to TPIR could be in another room and hear the sound of the music cues and know INSTANTLY that it was TPIR. If the directors would even dig out some of the early classic 70's cues, they might sound refreshingly retro today. The real instruments,the melodies all became part of the puzzle.

In many ways, it's like the light boarder being removed, that was something that is unfortunate because the light boarder (even modernized as it was) is part of the DNA of TPIR.

Thank you very much once again.

Offline kishy214

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Allen's Rock Band Videos on Youtube
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 04:47:23 PM »
I'm a LFaT of the show. I was born in 1994.

My favorite music from the show was born in the 70s and 80s.

My favorite music period was born in the 70s and 80s.

This is my take on the matter.

Offline noobslayer88

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »
I'm a LFaT of the show. I was born in 1994.

My favorite music from the show was born in the 70s and 80s.

My favorite music period was born in the 70s and 80s.

This is my take on the matter.
I was born in 1993, and I feel the same way. The new cues are utter crap.
Noobslayer88: a proud member of the "For Shiggles QSW" club. (6/12/09)