Author Topic: Drew Carey's new blog/Twitter  (Read 144007 times)

Offline PaladinTornado

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Drew Carey's new blog/Twitter
« Reply #690 on: September 18, 2009, 02:42:38 PM »
I took it that he was patting the walls, as if to say "say goodbye to these, everyone".  He wasn't using his fists, which is what I would call "punching."

Offline JoePlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #691 on: September 18, 2009, 03:16:07 PM »
Not bashing Drew, but if this is all true, how do you explain his punching of the Turntable walls after signing off at the end of the show?  It would have made a lot more sense for him to explain why he was punching the walls in the first place.  It made him look ridiculous just standing there punching a wall.

You're better than that, Drew!

Tyler

Wow, you took some liberty with your explanation of the Drew's sign-off.  If that's what you think punching is, remind me NOT to let you back me up in fight.
"If we want the show to stay on, you have to support the show.  How can we lose an American classic?"  - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Toltendo

• Outside in Line
« Reply #692 on: September 19, 2009, 02:45:53 AM »
I think you people need a hug from someone who cares about your worries.

I think the set looks fine. They're still paying homage to the retro style and funky colors that represented the Bob Barker era.

ADDED: It's also a good thing that they expanded the set to make it more HD-friendly. I just hope they sell parts of the old set on eBay.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 02:50:33 AM by Toltendo »

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #693 on: September 19, 2009, 08:16:05 PM »
They're still paying homage to the retro style and funky colors that represented the Bob Barker era.

Remind me how many years out of 35 that purple was the primary color on everything?
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #694 on: September 19, 2009, 08:35:51 PM »
I personally think there is no more purple on the set than when the purple was on the turntable from 1983-2002.  And I don't think purple is a primary set color - that belongs to blue.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP