Author Topic: Bob Barker to WWE?...No, seriously.  (Read 52483 times)

Offline chad1m

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Bob Barker to WWE?...No, seriously.
« on: August 04, 2009, 09:46:45 PM »
In an article in BusinessWeek, they discussed the recent celebrity guest hosts World Wrestling Entertainment has had for its flagship program on USA, Monday Night RAW. Such previous stars have included Donald Trump, Jeremy Piven, Shaquille O'Neal and Seth Green (along with a couple of legend wrestlers.) The gimmick has been going on for a month and shows no signs of slowing down.

The following quote is from that article: "Down the road, [Vince McMahon's daughter and WWE's executive vice-president of creative development and operation] Stephanie McMahon says the show plans to have as hosts Freddie Prinze Jr., who will promote his new role on the Fox TV show 24, former game show host Bob Barker, and the Reverend Al Sharpton (who hasn't yet said exactly what he'll be promoting). The upside for the stars is huge. According to McMahon, by providing promotions in upcoming shows, replaying shows on its Web site, and adding the pickup it gets from other news outlets, the show can offer as many as 40 million impressions for whatever its hosts might be promoting."

This would be neat, yet completely nonsensical to most wrestling fans. Even if they did bring him in, he'll likely just sleep with all of the Divas and then fire them for being too fat.

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Bob Barker to WWE?...No, seriously.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 10:12:22 PM »
Well he beat up Happy Gilmore, so why not have him kick John Cena's ass too.
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline NickintheATL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 10:34:50 PM »
This would be neat, yet completely nonsensical to most wrestling fans. Even if they did bring him in, he'll likely just sleep with all of the Divas and then fire them for being too fat.

While I have disdain for the man, is that pot shot really necessary?

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 10:41:23 PM »
With this in mind, perhaps it's a good thing Earthquake's dead, or else Bob might well have given him the one-over for apparently crushing Damien so many years ago (then again, he might then have also come down on Jake Roberts for misuse of animals in captivity, especially given that in reality the cobra that bit the Macho Man itself died of toxic poisoning not long thereafter). 

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 11:25:53 PM »
Reading about this, I got a horrible image in my head of a "bad guy" wrestler hitting Bob with a chair and saying "The price is WRONG, b----!"
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 11:57:46 PM »
While I have disdain for the man, is that pot shot really necessary?

Seconded.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline chad1m

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 11:58:50 PM »
Chillax. It's not a potshot, it's a joke. No worse than (and probably similar to) something you'd hear on a late night show.

But also, let's not forget (or for some, let's find out) that game show hosts in the WWE isn't necessarily anything new. Someone who even partook in a match ended up as a current host...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 02:24:44 AM by temptation1979ga »

Offline jacaya

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 02:12:14 AM »
But also, let's not forget (or for some, let's find out) that game show hosts in the WWE isn't necessarily anything new. Someone who even partook in a match ended up as a current host...

Yeah and Drew still owes me money from the Royal Rumble!

*was in the 5th row by the entrance walkway*
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 02:22:14 AM by jacaya »
That's j-a-c-a-y-a. Just As Confused As You Are.

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 01:24:55 PM »
With this in mind, perhaps it's a good thing Earthquake's dead, or else Bob might well have given him the one-over for apparently crushing Damien so many years ago. 

He made snake burgers out of damien on prime time wrestling... delicious!
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 02:15:39 PM »
WWE might just be the place for Bob, considering that over the years they've had the Freebirds, the Bulldogs (and Matilda, another dog), Jake the Snake, Franki the macaw, pig farmers...he`d have a field day.

Offline Brandon2003

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 03:46:21 PM »
How bout Vanna White at Wrestlemania IV? Does that count?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 03:47:57 PM by Brandon2003 »

Offline upperclasstwit

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 03:58:41 PM »
I don't normally watch wrestling, but I may have to record this one.  :-o

Offline chad1m

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 04:00:28 PM »
How bout Vanna White at Wrestlemania IV? Does that count?
Of course it does! Can't believe I forgot it the first time around.

Offline wvoutlaw2002

• In Contestant's Row
    • XXCE Linux
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 04:12:04 PM »
Bob as guest GM on RAW can mean only one thing.....RAW Roulette but with a modified TPIR Big Wheel complete with the wheel's electronic beep, with "Dig We Must" playing every time the wheel stops. And Barker's theme would be the TPIR theme with a badass TPIR-themed Titantron with Bob's name in Pricedown font. ;D

And imagine if Rich were to show up as well:

"Stay tuned for more RAW Roulette and the fabulous Showcase main event, coming up in the second half of RAW Is Right!" :D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 04:15:06 PM by wvoutlaw2002 »

Offline Drewfan2008

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 04:56:51 PM »
WWE might just be the place for Bob, considering that over the years they've had the Freebirds, the Bulldogs (and Matilda, another dog), Jake the Snake, Franki the macaw, pig farmers...he`d have a field day.
And don't forget you commentators, Gorilla and The Weasel.