Author Topic: Bob Barker to WWE?...No, seriously.  (Read 52431 times)

Offline brian1975

• Double Showcase Winner
  • hi there
Re: Bob Barker to WWE?...No, seriously.
« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2009, 10:15:50 PM »
i suprised no one said "barkers bargain bar".
all of this can be yours, if you can afford it.

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
Have they said anything about Plinko during the show to this point?
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #137 on: September 07, 2009, 10:19:47 PM »
I'm just tuning in now, and I only have one word to say:  HILARIOUS!  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline brian1975

• Double Showcase Winner
  • hi there
« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2009, 10:31:59 PM »
Have they said anything about Plinko during the show to this point?

i haven't heard anything yet.  but raw isn't over yet.
all of this can be yours, if you can afford it.

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2009, 10:37:27 PM »
Bob seemed a little befuddled during that body slam contest. Maybe it was over too fast for him?  :D

Offline Drewfan2008

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2009, 10:40:10 PM »
He just punched Chavo in the gut and karate chopped him.

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #141 on: September 07, 2009, 10:41:35 PM »
He just punched Chavo in the gut and karate chopped him.

AND still had time to remind everyone to help control the pet population.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2009, 10:43:38 PM »
Bob told the tube top story yet again.   ::)  At least he appears to be enjoying himself for this little... whatever you want to call what he's doing.  lol

The actual retail price is...

Offline backbiter

• In the Audience
« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2009, 10:44:15 PM »
Love him or hate him, Vince is a genius. The only reason I tuned in tonight is because of Bob! Will I tune into RAW next Monday? Probably not, but I've been enjoying the ride.

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2009, 11:24:16 PM »
I was afraid Chris Jericho was going to smack Bob in that confrontation. I'm so glad he didn't.

Offline NSfarmers

• In the Audience
« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2009, 11:35:38 PM »
I'm thinking it's more like Lawler doesn't really know much about the show, just Googled it today, and picked three games at random.  Otherwise, if you're going to namedrop three games, why would you pick those instead of Plinko, Cliffhangers, and Hole in One?

I wouldnt be so sure. He also mentioned switchroo too

Offline Martin

• Outside in Line
« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2009, 11:59:07 PM »
OK, sometimes the stupidity that goes on in forums bothers me, this is the first time it's bothered me to the point where I reply.  I am a casual wrestling fan (watch occasionally) and a big TPIR fan.  I was looking forward to the Barker appearance tonight (mainly b/c we probably don't have many of them left).  He got off to a nice start, but once we got into the "one bid" spoof it was downhill.  He's ok in an interview situation, but some of the stuff was painful.  Anyone over 80 shouldn't do live TV.  The bodyslam segment was awkward, partially because of botched timing and sound effects, but partially because Bob was mis-pronouncing names and was lost himself.  Granted, he could've done worse, but it was pretty bad.

And by the way whether Lawler knows the show or not.  WRESTLING IS SCRIPTED!  I am 100% positive it was either written for him or like someone else said, he researched TPIR stuff.

The one good line of the night was - "I've got two words for you, spin it!"  That was some decent writing.

I chalk this right up there w/ Dick Clark still doing New Year's Rockin' Eve.  Nothing is forever, and sometimes people should let it go.  It's like the athlete who should've retired 1-2 years earlier. 

OK, off of my soap box.

Offline Drewfan2008

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2009, 12:07:32 AM »
I think some blame has to go to the Referee of the "Body Slam" match. All the Ref had to do was raise Big Show's hand and show Bob he won. He just kept walking around and waving his arms around.

Offline BobJacobsenVer1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2009, 12:13:38 AM »
I'm a life long wrestling fan, this was just plain fun tonight. People look at WWE and wrestling as low brow entertainment and I will admit, sometimes they do stuff that is beyond stupid... but it's fun. It's time to escape from the world around you and, especially if your there live, a chance to let off a lot of steam from anything going on in your life, be it work or whatever. I know for myself, I work in a customer service call center position and I absolutely love it when wrestling comes to the area and I can go, have a good time and scream my lungs out, be it cheering for the guys I root for or Boo the guys that annoy me. It's just plain fun.

Bob tonight was a great guest host. There may have been a bit to much push for the book, but I understand that was probably the agreement for him to be there, so be it. Like someone else said, he looked like he was having fun, and that's what really matters.

These guys are athletes. Everyone knows the finishes are pre determined... but so are movies. I don't see to many people sitting at home saying...Gosh, how could people go see a movie. Uh...maybe because they want to see how it pans out? And even movies where people KNOW the ending (Titanic), it shatters records and becomes one of the highest grossing movies of all time... and it was close to 3 hours...and everyone knows the ship sinks! (And if you didn't know this...I do appologize for ruining it. lol).

Atleast with wrestling, the "Acting" that's going on is physical, right in front of you, spontanious and unfortunetly, they do get injuries. It's funny to see people look down on wrestlers and wrestling in general, when they wouldn't probably last 5 minutes in the ring with any of these guys, and I don't just mean the main eventers.

Think about this, wrestlers in 2 months have more matches, appearances, and travel then NFL players (The "Manly sport") do for a full season.

Plus, these wrestlers are also heros to a ton of kids and grant a TON of wishes for kids with life threatening diseases.

I'm sorry for this venting, but god it's annoying when right away when people hear wrestling, they have to make some kind of snide comment. If you don't like it, fine, but don't make it out that Bob's tarnishing his image because of being on a show like this. The crowd gave him such an ovation, it would make any game show fan proud.

It was cool to see some posters on here who haven't watched before though tune in and atleast enjoy it for what it was.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #149 on: September 08, 2009, 12:22:51 AM »
Well, I gotta say it went off pretty well. Bob still giving his all despite a few flaws. Chavo Guerrero should've known what was coming for him.   :oldlol: