Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/02/2006  (Read 15173 times)

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/02/2006
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 06:24:47 PM »

Nick wrote:
CH viewers, I'm really wanting some feedback on this:  how many of you have been finding your CH affiliate cutting off more portions of the show this season with really sloppy returns on an almost continuous basis? ...

Well, I can't talk for the other shows, but I did watch the season premiere on CH Montreal, and they cut out the call down, reveal and description of IUFB 4, and the call down, reveal and part of the description of IUFB 5.

This is why I have this stupid law where Canadian channels must overrun the American channel when they give the same show. The same damn problem happens for Super Bowl, since Global has Canadian rights to the game. Every year, we are stuck with Global programming, even on the American network, including Global (and un-fun) commercials. :(

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 06:25:23 PM »
You know, for all of you complaining about today's Pick a Pair being too easy:

1:  It's almost always too easy.
2:  Today's playing was not the easiest playing of the game.  Or more precicely, it was set up for an easy win if the two cheapest products were used, but honestly, Chauncey put himself in a random 50/50 guess situation by having to pick either a $5.49 or $6.49 product, and just got lucky.

In other words, today's playing was easy, but it could have very easily been lost today.

SouthSide86 wrote:  This episode needs a lot of work with 2 win and 4 pitfull losers! i rate this episode -1. :-o

And you need a bit of an attitude adjustment.  For one, couldn't you at least give today's show a real rating?  For two, if you're giving a show with 2 wins a -1, I'd hate to see your reaction to a show with only 1 win, or even 0 wins.  And for three, while "loser" is a technically correct term for a player who loses his or her game, calling them pitiful losers like that is uncalled for:  we do not bash contestants here for simply losing a pricing game.

Offline noahproblem

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 07:08:40 PM »
Make Your Move: I was way off base here (specifically on the chess game): 465-37-5080 looked like the best combo (or possibly 46-537-5080).

Range Game: The funny thing was I wasn't sure Lupe was quite ready to stop when she did (i.e. her stopping the range looked borderline accidential).  Luckily for her...

Off-the-wall thought: seeing as Range's first two playings have been played for cars (both as part of 3-car days), I wonder if they'd ever consider making it an "always for a car" game.

Pathfinder; The headphones were the only fairly easy SP of the 3.  

Clearance Sale: Nothing looked obvious in this playing (and the $700 range between the three sale prices didn't help).

Cover Up: I'm not sure why the audience cheered when they lit up 4 numbers on Glen's first try - his chances of winning were not good at that point.

Pick A Pair: That was the first time I could ever remember a six GP game where not one product was described with its brand name (I doubt I'd want to bet on that being a "historical moment" though).
So this is the "get off of my lawn" stage of my life.  I'm not impressed.

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 07:14:21 PM »
Make Your Move-Ouch, the moment that Betty Ann put the trip at $3750 dollars there was no doubt she had lost. Betty Ann had no clue what she was doing up there.

Range Game- Lupe Was lucky there I thought for sure she had gone over.

Pathfinder-Ouch Jean-Pierre was in trouble from the begining when he didn't step on the 5 I knew he had lost the game. I don't think Jean Pierre had a clue what he was doing up there.

Clearance sale-Ouch the moment that Maxine put the guitar sale price of $1,750 I had a feeling she had lost the game.

Cover Up-The moment that Glen put the 8 on the third number I had a feeling he had lost.

Pick a Pair-The moment that Chauncey keep the nuts and chosen the lotion I had a feeling he was a winner.
-

Offline timay789

• In the Audience
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 08:25:46 PM »
I thought it was a pretty good show today. Bob was really on his mark, which he always is, but he was especially good today I thought. The line up was pretty decent and the contestants themselves very entertaining!

The Cleopatra Showcase was pretty good also.

Always good to see Pathfinder! I'm still waiting for Shell Game's premiere this season though...

Offline wheelingtunnel

• In the Audience
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 08:31:05 PM »
COMMENTS ON TPIR 10/02/06:

1.  MAKE YOUR MOVE:  Betty Ann lost due to some bad advice from the audience.  This proves that, sometimes, the audience can be wrong.

2.  PATHFINDER:  Today's playing looked rather tough.  Jean-Pierre looked totally lost playing this game.

3.  SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN #1:  Although she won, Betty Ann staying on 55 cents was not very good strategy.  I would have taken my second spin in this case.

4.  CLEARANCE SALE: When Maxine placed the $1,450 SALE PRICE on the Life Fitness Elliptical Trainer, I knew she was in trouble.

5.  ITEM UP FOR BIDS #5:  Here we have another "bad strategy despite win" moment.  Glen should have made her $1 bid on the first round.

6.  SHOWCASE:  After Bob read the price on Maxine's Showcase, I had an uneasy feeling that Maxine had made a bad bid.  Betty Ann, on the other hand, made a reasonable bid on her Showcase.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 09:21:54 PM »
Show #6422

Shane Stirling hits 3,000!
This is a big milestone in Shane Stirling's Price is Right career, that 2006 Ford Ranger is her 3,000th prize on The Price is Right!  Three thousand prizes!  Congratulations, Shane, here's to your next 3,000!

Showcase #1
3 Fedders Air Conditioners, which last appeared late in Season 32 on June 11, 2004, which means they have not appeared in either of seasons 33 or 34.  It was last modeled by Teri Harrison. - $680
Ashley Madras Day Bed/Loving Care Formfit - $698
Electracraft 16CSI Party Barge - $22,990

Showcase #2
Vaughan-Bassett Grandma's Keeepsake Dining Room Group and Wilton Armetale Queen Anne Dinnerware - $4,669
Safenet Security System - $1,950
Trip to Auckland, New Zealand - $11,374

Modeling Report Card for October 2, 2006

Only $504 separates Shane and Gwennie, but it's Shane Stirling who tops today's show.

Prize count is 25, total retail value is $125,649.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 10:42:06 PM »
Today's show was good. I admit that Make Your Move was hard for me. I could have went two ways with it, but my gut instinct of $750 for the clock was right, even though it was small. I knew the chess game was $80, as it couldn't have been any other oddball price up there, and $50 or $75 would not have worked either. It was tough choosing $750 or $465 for the clock, and it was sad to see Betty Ann lose after having made the right move.

Lupe seemed excited to win Range Game. My guess was around $16,525.

Jean Pierre did not fare well with Pathfinder. For the average player, today's playing was fairly difficult. But we know that sealer or fabric protectant causes the car's price not to end in 0. Tough luck for Jean Pierre. I was really hoping he'd get the last three numbers right to make for an exciting win too!

Maxine's remark during Clearance Sale was funny, but to me, I thought that was fairly tricky as well. I knew $1750 was obviously the sale price for the elliptical trainer, but I was unsure whether to put $1450 on the chair or the guitar.

Glen didn't play Cover Up spectacularly, but he had a 1 in 3 shot of winning. Too bad. I knew that the 9 was the second number, so I would have put 3 for the first number so I could get an extra chance out of it.

I don't have anything to say on Pick a Pair, but the way Bob asked Chauncy for his second pick on the game was different, but worded nicely.

I knew that Maxine had underbid by alot on her showcase. I thought that the Secret Life of Cleopatra showcase was neat too.

Showcase #1- $18,500
Difference- $5868

Showcase #2- $17,500
Difference- $493

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006, 11:19:33 PM »
Joe, I don't know what you did to the font of the front-page recap, but it looks much, much better this way.

I felt bad about Betty Ann losing Make Your Move.  I really thought her final guess was right.

I'm sure she's not the only person who's ever done this, but I really, really noticed today that Lupe didn't look at Range Game at all the entire time she was playing it.  Bugged the heck outta me.

Has Range Game actually been played for a normal prize yet?

Bob's speech about the fake stats before the 3rd IUFB was awesome.  It sounded like something out of an episode from 20 years ago.

I can't say I was entirely disappointed to see Jean Pierre lose Pathfinder.  I can't put my finger on it, but something about his attitude really rubbed me the wrong way.

Maxine's philosophy about Clearance Sale was hilarious.

SouthSide86 wrote:

Cover Up: That is a cheap van and she should have put a 4 in the middle and she would have won!

Dude, I don't know what the hell you were watching, but Cover Up was played by a man today.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2006, 11:27:03 PM »
You know, I thought Switcheroo was first today when they showed that game. I figured that for some reason, they had reserved to showing the SPs first.

I really wasn't sure what was right in MYM. Both her picks, and the right prices, looked right. Darn.

Range Game for a car. A win. Perhaps not a nice win, but a win, nonetheless.

Eazy was all right today, espescially with Maxine's comment. She didn't mention the chair, though, so she must have wanted that.  :-P

Wasn't sure what was going to happen if Bob didn't realize that 0 was right in Cover Up.

Pick a Pair was easy to win. Perhaps not the way it was won, but still.

One random comment: Did anyone hear (I think before the 4th IUFB) Rich say the word "Right" from "The Price is Right"? Sounded rather loud, compared to the rest. It just stuck out at me.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2006, 12:33:23 AM »
SteveGavazzi wrote:
Joe, I don't know what you did to the font of the front-page recap, but it looks much, much better this way.

To use a typical and hated commercial cliche, "The secret is"...LAYOUT WITH TABLES!!!

Looks much better than fixed font, but I need to prepare templates for some of the games, and there's a few little tweaks I need to learn.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2006, 11:02:37 AM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Make Your Move -- 2:34
Range Game -- 1:55
Pathfinder -- 4:11
Clearance Sale -- 3:00
Cover Up -- 2:07
Pick-a-Pair -- 2:00

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2006, 09:35:36 PM »
Betty Ann fell victim to bad audience advice in MYM.

Lupe made Range Game a blast and made it go Super-Boom after winning the truck.

Jean Pierre should've known better and Pathfinder was not his game.

Maxine left my throat hoarsed after her funny comments and Clearance Sale wasn't her (or my) cup of tea.

Glen left a practical impression after playing Cover Up and he didn't have to just storm off the turntable like a baby.

Mixed Nuts be damned. Not Today (Yesterday actually).

Cleopatra couldn't have been more STUNNING!!!! :-P