Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/02/2006  (Read 15173 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/02/2006
« on: October 02, 2006, 02:07:35 PM »
Production #3701K - Taped July 10, 2006(Late)(out of sequence)

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: left to right
Handoff: Brandi

Models of the Day: Gwendolyn Osbourne, Brandi Sherwood and Shane Stirling
Wearing: Tadashi

1   Hatteras Canopied Swing (S)
JEAN PIERRE 799BETTY ANN *1200LUPE 750FARLAN 1($1212)

Betty Ann plays MAKE YOUR MOVE

Bulova Arista
Anniversary Clock (S)
Trip to Miami
(6n @ Beacon)(B)
(Mephisto)
Electronic
Chess

...and if she had ignored the Peanut Gallery, went with her gut and left the big two alone, she would have won.

Meanwhile, we have another "celebrity sighting". Glen Ford is in the Row now. Actually, he was a Singletary before.

2   Jewelry Impressions Gold/Diamond Heart Neclace (G-in the Row)
+Jean Pierre 1501GLEN 1500+Lupe *1100+Farlan 750($1245)

Lupe plays RANGE GAME for a Ford Ranger XL (Std., AC, Stereo, Prot)(B&S)

Setup:$16,300-16,900
Range:$16,488-16,638
Price:$16,506   WIN!

3   Highbrow Lips Sofa/Pillsbury Garlic Butter Crescent Rolls (B)
+Jean Pierre *797Glen 1MAXINE 575+Farlan 1000($800)

Jean Pierre plays PATHFINDER for a Chevy Impala LS (Std., Prot)(G)

Setup
1stStart on [2]        $2 -- -- -- --
0 4 5 8 42ndRight to [3]    NO
8 7 1 9 2(1) 2½ gal. Drink Dispenser   25/40   40   40   *
3 9[2]3 6Frwd. to [6]    NO
1 5 6 7 1(3) (Sunbeam) Stand Mixer   99/126   126   99
2 0 3 4 5(2) Wireless Headphones   100/121   100   100   *
Back to [1]   *   $2 1 -- -- --
3rdLeft to [9]    NO   LOSS   ($21,584)

SHOWDOWN #1
$940Jean-Pierre15 +100OV
1,212Betty Ann55 stay.55Through to Showcase Round
17,751Lupe30 + 10.40

4   Pathfinder 4 pc Luggage Set (G&S)
CHAUNCEY 599Glen 675Maxine *700+ Farlan 1($1070)

Maxine goes on a CLEARANCE SALE

(2) Palecek Tribeca Chair/Lounge (G)$1000$1582
(3) (Life Fitness) Elliptical Trainer (S)14502599
(1) Dean Guitars Heart Tail Electric Guitar (B)17501160LOSS

5   Jensen Real Flame Portable Fireplace/Francesco Rinaldi Pasta Sauce (B)
Chauncey 2200
Glen 2201
HILLARY 1500
+Farlan 1250
OVERBID
($969)

Glen plays COVER UP for a Dodge Caravan SE (Std., Stereo)(S)

Setup61st Try[1][9] 5 [7][0]   LOSS   ($19,470)
22nd Try[1][9] 8 [7][0]
8 1 7
6 4 2 0
3 9 5 7 1
  1 4 6 0 3
$ 2 3 7 3 5

Farlan, I'm sure you've noticed you're still in the Row. The next item is one of those things that gets seen on the show quite frequently. If you know your Price this is the time to prove it, and you'd better prove this out for banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club awaits if you can't...

6   Global Wizard Gumball Machine (G)
Chauncey *651CHRISTINE 650Hillary 400+Farlan 250($999)
SUICIDE BID

Farlan is "wheeled off to the morgue" while Chauncey plays PICK A PAIR for a Sonoma Symphony Spa (S)($8290)

(6) (Fisher) Mixed Nuts (10 oz)$6.49KEEPS
(1) (Renuzit Airlets) Air Freshener5.49
(5) (Brut) Face Lotion6.49WIN!
(2) (Jif) Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter (28 oz)
(3) (Carapelli) Olive Oil (1l)
(4) (Campbell's Select) Soup

SHOWDOWN #2
$1,009Glen10 + 55.65
1,070Maxine50 + 45.95Through to Showcase Round
9,289Chauncey30 + 75OV

SHOWCASE ROUND
Betty Ann has the honor.

SC1-MaxineTHE SECRET LIFE OF CLEOPATRA (G)
3 Fedders Air Conditioners
Ashley Day Bed/Loving Care Formfit
Electracraft 16SCSI 15.5' Party Barge
BID$14,200
PRICE24,368
DIFF- 10,168
SC2-Betty AnnVaughan-Bassett Grandma's Keeepsake Dining Room Group
Wilton Armetale Queen Anne Dinnerware
Safenet Security System (2 yrs Monitoring)(S)
Trip to Auckland (6n @ Hyatt)(B)
BID$15,000
PRICE17,993
DIFF- 2,993
TOTAL$19,205

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6
Total Winnings: $49,264

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP COMING - TPiR 10/02/2006
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 02:10:28 PM »
Make Your Move- It's not rare for the audience to be wrong, but most everyone in chat was wrong (me included). Now that's rare.

Bidding Round #5- #16, Hillary! :-D

Bidding Round #5- #17, Christine! :-D

Showcase- Maxine had a nasty lowball there.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Lupe.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Not much to be excited about in this show... Grade: 1

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP COMING - TPiR 10/02/2006
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 02:26:27 PM »
Glad that old cues are played for today... well, most of it actually. But newbies are way unnecessary.

Make Your Move - Audience, audience, audience! Bob was so right about them. Moaning about Betty Ann getting everything right on the first try, and cheering her getting two prizes wrong.

Range Game - Woohoo! A win, despite the crowd's reactions to her range pick.

Pathfinder - Jean Pierre... hmm, I can't say that he's either good or bad player. I would say bad because he got stuck in the second digit of the car. But then I realized that everyone's being loud lately (or Jean couldn't hear well), leading him to ask whether it's a Saturn or something, but it's actually a Chevy. But I won't say good because he wasted every prizes on the second digit.

Clearance Sale - Hooray! My most-hated favorite (well, sort of) Eazy as 1 2 3 ripoff! But I don't know if that woman is sympathetic or not because she wouldn't deal with the guitars and the treadmill at all if she'd won them. But as the price of the chairs were revealed, I knew she lost and was glad to!

Cover Up - I can tell that this guy never saw this game before because he didn't put the number in the slot. Thus, he knew how to play this game as much as audience do (or should I say that he doesn't know how to play it at all).  By the time he got everything else correct except the 3rd digit, this turned into Pick-a-Number for a car. And he lost... should I care? I don't know. But isn't is strange that both games with "Check Game" cue are in today's show?

Pick a Pair - Tried to be difficult, but what a win... and who cares?

Showcases - The runner-up must have lowballed, so Betty Ann wins.

Overall, enjoyable show with enjoyable contestants and dumb crowd.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/02/2006
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 03:06:58 PM »
That had to be the most back-and-forth playing of Make Your Move ever.  ^^;  Clearance Sale, too, but that outcome was already decided.

Not sure where Lupe was looking, since the people on camera looked like she should go higher (for once).

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 03:32:24 PM »
Make Your Move-I knew she lost when she decided to put $465 for the clock and $3,750 for the trip to Miami.

Range Game-I would have stopped at the $16,500-$16,650 range.  She snuck a win in there!

Pathfinder-Played horribly; If the car was $26,000, It would have been a Buick!

Clearance Sale-I knew she lost when she put $1,750 for the guitar.  It was hilarious to hear why she put the tags where they were.

Cover Up-It was pretty difficult to decide if the van was $19,670 or $19,470.  

Pick-A-Pair-Easy setup.  I knew the that the face lotion would have to go with the nuts.

Showcases-I knew she was off on the showcase with the party boat.  I would have bid $21,500 on it and would have been $2,868 off.  I knew that Betty Ann had won because I estimated the showcase to be in the $17,000s.

Overall, an average show today.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 04:20:21 PM »
Despite a near-perfect first half lineup--Pathfinder, Make Your Move, Range Game for a car--it was a pretty blah show.  Maxing and Glen was interesting, anyway.

I've got to give Glen some credit, just for being a lot more interesting than most of today's contestants.  He played Cover Up as well as any ol' contestant, though--meaning not very well.  Too bad.

Maxine was fun, with her telling Bob that she didn't really care if she won or lost Clearance Sale, since she couldn't use the prizes anyway.  Good way to look at it, I guess.

The Secret Life of Cleopatra's one of the better showcases we've seen lately.  And that's even with the overall better showcases the past few years.  Wonder how she got the electricity working back then, anyway.

And finally, has anyone noticed that in three of the past four seasons, the eleventh show has had Pathfinder?  Just a kinda' interesting note.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 04:44:20 PM »
PG #1:  That was a really tough setup today.  I had 465/37/5080.  I would not pay $80 for a handheld game unless it played more than just chess.

One-Bid #2:  Glen Ford?  Didn't he just die a couple of weeks ago?

PG #2:  Range Game for a truck once again?!

One-Bid #3:  Mick Jagger sofa alert!  And my old friend, the crescent rolls, are back.

PG #4:  Yay!  Starcrossed!  And I'm glad Maxine was honest in saying that she had no use for those crappy Clearance Sale prizes.  

PG #6:  Yawn... another Pappy winner.  Roger, could ya please make this game harder?  This game has been difficult only one time in the last year.

My showcase bids:
FRBS--$18,454
Big Banana--$19,937
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline ProfPrice

• In the Audience
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 04:53:20 PM »
A pretty ho-hum show that at least featured some decent games.  Bob also seemed to be in a pretty chatty mood...more on that in a bit.

Make Your Move - Betty Ann certainly chose the "cleanest" prices for the three items (everything ending in 5 or 0), it's a shame that they weren't the correct prices.  I was going back and forth myself on what to pick.  Probably one of the more difficult MYM playings in a while.

Range Game - Lupe seemed like she could have been a lot of fun with a more interactive game.  I'm glad to see she pushed the button when she did considering how close she was to a loss.

Pathfinder - While Jean-Pierre played the game pretty poorly, I'm not sure many average players would have won today, regardless.  Granted, everyone should have guessed 1 for the second number right away, or at worse, on your second guess.  But beyond the 1, there were a lot more "attractive" choices than 584 that contestants would have likely picked.

I found Bob's little commentary on gender and success on the show to be pretty funny.  Interestingly enough, both male and females went 1 for 3 on games today.

Clearance Sale - While I enjoyed Maxine's frank honesty about not needing the prizes, she kind of rubbed me the wrong way in general.  She seemed to have a blase attitude throughout the show and I always prefer contestants who are universally excited to be on the show.

Cover Up - We got your typical CU playing today.  Perhaps some of our more knowledgeable members would have guessed 4 for the third digit, but it was a complete crapshoot to me.  Glen is an example of the type of contestant I was talking about above.  It's too bad he couldn't come away with more today.

Pick a Pair - I'm surprised it took this long for this game to be played.  Hopefully with it taking this long, they might actually cut down on its playings this season (probably not).  Thankfully Chauncey picked the nuts first.  That made for a pretty easy playing.  I wonder if a "loyal friend and true" helped him with that one?

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 05:08:10 PM »
I just think that Roger needs to make Pick-a-Pair just a little bit harder.  It's not that I don't like the game the way it is, but ever since the start of the last season, Pick-a-Pair has just been WAY too easy.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 05:13:10 PM »
Eh, bland show today. Bob was in a good mood, some fun games played, but eh, all in all not much to it.

MYM: Arrgh, this is a case of "if only."

Range Game: Whoa, Rangey played for a truck for the 2nd consecutive playing, but this time its won.

Pathfinder: Tough price, but still this was poorly played.

Clearance Sale: Well Maxine was certainly honest which is always good.

Pick-a-Pair: About time this showed up. If this had shown up last week I would have mopped up in Greco. Oh well, it helped me out today.

I taped this show today, but upon viewing i'll tape over it with tomorrow's show.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 05:13:52 PM »
Make Your Move: Tough break. I would have gone with the contestant's guess rather than the other one.

Range Game: I thought we were playing Dice Game when I saw the truck, but we played this instead! And it was won!

IUFB3: Well, excuse us, Bob!

Pathfinder: It's very unfortunate this was lost today. A very easy car price.

Clearance Sale: Hard.

Cover Up: Is this going to be played for a Dodge Caravan all the time now?

Pick-a-Pair: Easy.

Showcases: The minute Maxine made her bid, there was no question she had lost. I was surprised the second one was so cheap, since New Zealand tends to be expensive these days.

Overall: OK show today. If only we had a few more wins today.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 05:24:40 PM »
CH viewers, I'm really wanting some feedback on this:  how many of you have been finding your CH affiliate cutting off more portions of the show this season with really sloppy returns on an almost continuous basis?  CH Hamilton has been terrible this season.  They're late for the second calldown and the first part of the Showcase almost every day, and today, they cut out well almost half of the first Showcase Showdown.

And if there's anyone else here who watches on CH Hamilton, e-mail them at feedback@chtv.ca and tell them just how annoying this is.

Glen was good for a few good laughs.

The shot used when Pathfinder was revealed was pretty nifty.

Maxine was pretty funny with why she wasn't worried towards the end of Clearance Sale.

Speaking of Clearance Sale, there has got to be a better way for Bob to explain the rules.  Unless the game's ever going to involve multiple winning combinations, the rules might as well be explained as a rehashed Eazy az 1 2 3.

The way Bob asked Chauncy to confirm his second pick in Pick a Pair was very well done.  I liked how he just asked him what price he wanted instead of reversing back to which product he wanted to stick with.

The Secret Life of Cleopatra Showcase was pretty nifty.

GoldenBulldog wrote:
ever since the start of the last season, Pick-a-Pair has just been WAY too easy.

Dude, Pick a Pair has been set up as easily as it is for years now.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 06:07:36 PM »
Nick wrote:

CH viewers, I'm really wanting some feedback on this: how many of you have been finding your CH affiliate cutting off more portions of the show this season with really sloppy returns on an almost continuous basis?

I am a CH Hamilton viewer (unfortunately). I have Buffalo CBS but it is overrun by CH. Not only did they cut off the first bit of the SS but they cut out the ticket plug too (not that it mattered). Also I recall 2 fridays ago (the episode where Mary Leticia did the yodeling for Cliffhangers) there was a long pause between the little Trailblazers thing and the reveal. And I dont know if it happened to anyone else but during the premiere, I never got to see the 4th IUFB. I have been watching PiR on CH Hamilton for nearly 10 years and its been OK, but lately they've gone a bit too far.

BTW: Thanks Nick for that e-mail adress.

Offline SouthSide86

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 06:23:18 PM »
[color=669900]Make Your Move:[/color] Yikes! she should have stuck with her 1st choice and told the audience to shut their traps up.

[color=006600]Range Game:[/color] Nice win here for a truck that was so cheap way back when.

[color=FF6600]Path[/color][color=009933]finder:[/color] Ugh! not a good site on the pathfinder board today!

[color=000099]Clearance [/color][color=FF0000]Sale:[/color] Shame for the contestant who put those sale prices on the wrong prizes.

[color=0000FF]Cover Up:[/color] That is a cheap van and she should have put a 4 in the middle and she would have won!

[color=0000FF]Pick - A - Pair:[/color] Easy win here.

Showcases: Somewhat ok even though the bids are kinda low (and i mean LOW!)

Overall: This episode needs a lot of work with 2 win and 4 pitfull losers! i rate this episode -1. :-o

Offline Doughnut

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Crumbs from a Doughnut
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 06:24:11 PM »

Nick wrote:
CH viewers, I'm really wanting some feedback on this:  how many of you have been finding your CH affiliate cutting off more portions of the show this season with really sloppy returns on an almost continuous basis? ...

Yeah, I've been noticing that, too.  I also get CH Hamilton, and I agree that it's been getting quite annoying lately.  Kinda makes me wish I could watch it on the Buffalo CBS affiliate without it being overlapped...
Yes, I'm still around. :P